The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Share your FTE moment...

WowVisible

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 1, 2014
Hi, I'm Armil, I've been working as an SEO Expert for more than a decade now. While helping business websites improve their organic traffic, I always have a sideline online businesses. Last year, I indulged myself in dropshipping e-commerce business. I did well in marketing the single winning product. In fact, I earned more than $10,000 in just a matter of 2 months including the site development, considering I was a complete beginner of this industry. Maybe, my online marketing experience before was a great help.

Unfortunately, I didn't manage to sustain the business because of the major setback that had eaten my profits. Actually, I had a high-profit margin but the number of undelivered orders was kept increasing that I couldn't make any profits at all. The payment model I adopted was cash on delivery. During those times, couriers here were not ready with this type of business. Several dropshipping businesses too experienced the same problems and gone. Not long, I decided to stop the said business without hesitation.

Now, I'm back after I've got an intuition of playing the business game the other way around. I'm still on e-commerce type of business but I don't dwell anymore with physical products but instead digital products. No more headaches of undelivered products and won't be dependent on couriers. I hope I've known this earlier.

I'm into now the concept of selling digital products particularly in alignment with my skills and passion too, which is digital marketing. This includes all sorts of digital marketing products from SEO, Affiliate Marketing, Paid Ads, Social Media, Viral Marketing, Video Marketing, and more. Before I forget, here's my new website 1,000+ Free Digital Marketing Products - Available Now For Download. It still under development but the main functionalities are working already. I hired 3 persons to help me upload all the 1,000+ hand-picked digital products before May 15 of this year.

The business idea is all new products uploaded are free to download. I'll price the product based on popularity. The more downloads the higher the price.

With my expertise in SEO, I'll make this site highly-optimized to get high rankings on search engines. Also, I'll employ other promotional strategies like paid advertising, content marketing, video marketing, and more. Also, we'll keep adding new products every day.

Let's see how far this new site will go. I'll keep this thread updated for every success and failure I may encounter. I expect too you can help me make this thing moves forward and succeed.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WowVisible

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 1, 2014
Good luck!
Hi Sebastya, great to know you're an SEO expert too. I just made the site live last week. I noticed only 2 pages still indexed. Maybe because I haven't started yet SEO for this. Even though, this gives a little concern. Recently I did use the One Hour Indexing service to help index the product pages. I hope this helps.

I appreciate you can share your ways to index website quickly.

Good luck!

WowVisible

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 1, 2014
In the past, indexing pages were not my concern because Google crawler naturally crawled new pages or sites. But my e-commerce site running on the Shopify platform seemed not crawled properly by Google because for the last 2 weeks only 1 page(homepage) being indexed, even though we already uploaded more than 500 products.

Last week this brought me a little concern, so I stepped in to increase the # of indexed pages. Last Monday, I added the site to the Google search console and submitted the sitemap.xml. I thought after waiting 3 days, I could see more indexed pages. But yesterday morning, I was disappointed. I only saw an additional indexed page, making only 2 indexed pages.

So, what I did, I used the tool One Hour Indexing that I normally used for indexing backlinks of my SEO projects. I tried this on my site. I submitted 606 pages. See below:One hour.png

Within 24 hours, I'm glad to see the number of indexed pages is now 472. This tool is no doubt helping.
indexed.png

So, I leave this for now. I'll start proper SEO optimization and other promotional strategies, right after we completed adding the 1st batch of 1,000 products.

Watch out for my next update to make this a successful venture. I love to hear your thoughts too make this a fun journey.

Last edited:

WowVisible

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 1, 2014
target.png

We're almost hitting the initial target of 1,000+ uploaded products with file attachments. My team is working hard to upload the remaining products.

This week our target is to hit 300 new products. Again, all of these are free for now to download.

Once we able to upload all the remaining products, we'll scale down our weekly uploading targets down to 50.

More likely, we could start the website optimization midst of next week. For now, for benchmarking purpose, the site has zero organic traffic. See below:
organic traffic.png

Let's see how the ball's rolling...

WowVisible

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 1, 2014
Started Working My SEO Project Plan Workbook

I'm done preparing SEO Project Plan Workbook. Last week, I started few items on the Research and Setup Section. See below for the screenshot:
Organic SEO Tracker.png

You may also see here the details of my SEO strategy I'll employ for WowRanko site Organic SEO Tracker - WowRanko

In my estimate, I could start early the SEO optimization as early this week, while my team members are busy uploading new products.

Everything is well-planned. I used this SEO strategy that I refined over the years in my SEO projects. So far the results are good, see below for sample:

SEO Result 2.png

But the challenge here most of the sites I worked in the past are local businesses. Even though, I've tried optimizing too with e-commerce sites targeting globally but the fact that I did the groundwork of website development is a new thing for me.

Yes, last time I created several e-commerce websites but I didn't do SEO because I used only paid advertising as my way of promotion.

Anyway, with your help and encouragement , let's make this project a great success!

Last edited:

WowVisible

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 1, 2014
Completed Website Audit and Started In-Depth Keyword Research Analysis

Update for the day, I completed conducting a website audit. I just found a few things to fix but these might take time to complete. See below:

Website Audit2.png
Also, I started conducting in-depth keyword research analysis. This is very important for constructing url mapping and content plan. See below:
keyword research.png

I'll be adding more by tomorrow to cover other product categories.

Last edited:

WowVisible

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 1, 2014
Completed Keyword Research Analysis

I spent too much time figuring out the target keywords for the Wowranko site. In the sense, I found out "digital marketing products" and related keywords have only a few searches, not worth for SEO optimization.

The great thing, I found good searches for those keywords related to "tools". So, that's why you can see a lot of keywords related to "tools" I included in my SEO tracker workbook.

The other challenge I encountered, Wowranko site is not only tools but also ebooks, courses, and other digital marketing resources.

Then, I realized I have to target keywords also related to books, courses, and resources.

You may check here for the first batch of keywords that I will be using for the website optimization of the Wowranko.com site.

Last edited:

WowVisible

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 1, 2014
Working on Research and Setup Section - Almost Done!

Yes!, we're almost done on Research and Setup Section.
SEO Tracker.png

Today, I completed creating URL Mapping and Siloing Structure. The main linking strategy is linking the home page to major categories such as courses, books, and software.

And then the main pages will be linked next to each other forming a silo. Also, each main page will link to the homepage.

The collection pages will be supporting content pages. This can be done by linking to relevant main pages.

In order to strengthen the page authority of the collection pages, each product should be linked to the relevant main page.

Lastly, to further strengthen the page authority of the homepage, main pages, and also premium product pages, each blog post must be linked to the relevant main page, homepage, relevant premium product with the injection of creating high authority external links from .edu,.gov, or wiki sites.

You may check the details of the URL Mapping I created here Organic SEO Tracker - WowRanko

Once we're done uploading the remaining products by early next week, we'll work in parallel with my team. My writers will start writing the new pages and establishing links based on the URL Map Plan.

Also, I'll continue creating the blog content plan as well as start on the onsite optimization section.

Last edited:

WowVisible

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 1, 2014
Resolving Header and Footers Links That Could Cause Leaking of Link Juice

Upon check the Wowranko.com site, I realized that it has several header menu links and footer links. Also, the collection pages have several links to product pages. This can weaken the page authority due to several outbound links.

Quick links.png

So, what's the solution? I did add nofollow tag for every link as shown below.
nofollow tag.png

Also, for visual checking, I installed Nofollow firefox plugin. The links enclosed with the dotted box are those with added "nofollow" tag.

For header links:
firefoxplugin.png

For collection page image links:
collection.png

For footer links:
footer.png

Last edited:

WowVisible

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 1, 2014
Fixing Shopify Duplicate Product Pages

Today, I fixed the duplicate product pages due to dynamically generated URLs from collections like the following:
Duplicate 1:
14-05-2020 10-48-09 AM.png

Duplicate 2:
14-05-2020 10-49-09 AM.png

Product Page:
14-05-2020 10-49-45 AM.png

Despite this is being canonicalized to the clean product URL, just like below:canonical.png

Internal links are still pointing to those duplicated versions throughout the site.

Solution:
This code {{ product.url | within: collection }} is responsible for all dynamic collection URLs. What I did just replace all instances of this code with this one {{ product.url }} .

In my case (using Debut theme), I went through the following liquid files and did the replacement:product liquid.png

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Haven't had much time to review your process, but it looks quite detailed with some resource links.

Thanks for sharing.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
I'm into now the concept of selling digital products particularly in alignment with my skills and passion too, which is digital marketing. This includes all sorts of digital marketing products from SEO, Affiliate Marketing, Paid Ads, Social Media, Viral Marketing, Video Marketing, and more. Before I forget, here's my new website 1,000+ Free Digital Marketing Products - Available Now For Download. It still under development but the main functionalities are working already. I hired 3 persons to help me upload all the 1,000+ hand-picked digital products before May 15 of this year.

The business idea is all new products uploaded are free to download. I'll price the product based on popularity. The more downloads the higher the price.
I'm not understanding your business model. Everything is free now, but later you'll price items according to the number of downloads? Won't that make the number of downloads drop to zero, when they're surrounded by other products that are free?

I'm also not understanding the products themselves.

Who created these products? Was it you? Or are you in an affiliate relationship with people all over the web who list their lead magnet on your site?

Will my information be shared with those third parties if I download something?

Why are the product reviews not visible? I see a star rating but not a review.

I think you will get a lot more downloads if you make each product page into a proper sales page (as if you were selling that product for money and needed to answer people's objections). Write a really compelling description, structured like a sales pitch.

(I have to say, as a lead gen model, I think this is actually brilliant. As long as you develop trust and liking with the people who order from you, you could really build a list fast and monetize the list down the road.)

Good luck!

WowVisible

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 1, 2014
Haven't had much time to review your process, but it looks quite detailed with some resource links.

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you, MJ. I hope I can get much more engagement on this thread for additional inspiration.

WowVisible

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 1, 2014
I'm not understanding your business model. Everything is free now, but later you'll price items according to the number of downloads? Won't that make the number of downloads drop to zero, when they're surrounded by other products that are free?

I'm also not understanding the products themselves.

Who created these products? Was it you? Or are you in an affiliate relationship with people all over the web who list their lead magnet on your site?

Will my information be shared with those third parties if I download something?

Why are the product reviews not visible? I see a star rating but not a review.

I think you will get a lot more downloads if you make each product page into a proper sales page (as if you were selling that product for money and needed to answer people's objections). Write a really compelling description, structured like a sales pitch.

(I have to say, as a lead gen model, I think this is actually brilliant. As long as you develop trust and liking with the people who order from you, you could really build a list fast and monetize the list down the road.)

Good luck!

Hi Bekit,

Thank you for your suggestion. I'm taking this into consideration once we're done optimizing the site for SEO.

Top search engine listing will be the main source of targeted traffic for this site. Even the site is surrounded by a lot of free products, it won't affect the number of downloads because those people visiting the site via search engine listing are directed to a relevant product page or collection based on their search query.

Those products are not affiliate products, we have just acquired the rights to sell at 100% profit. Rest assured, we won't be sharing your information with third parties. See here for our privacy policy, Privacy Policy for WowRanko

For now, for now, most of the products have a single review coming from us. At our end, we have given a 5-star review of every product because we spent time hand-picking those products we love.

WowVisible

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 1, 2014
Start Optimizing with Low-Hanging Fruits (Keywords)

I just found out that even proper optimization has not started yet, the site has already ranked 4 product pages. See below:low-hanging fruits.png
I have chosen to work first this keyword "wp SEO automation" with a USA search volume of 90 and it's already ranking #31. Even though the search volume is not quite high but this keyword has strong commercial intent and worth going for.

I started as well acquiring good backlinks for this product page URL WP SEO Automation

Also, I did additional keyword research and come up with the following group of keywords:
group keywords.png

Let's see if we can manage to rank too the other related keywords but the main focus, for now, is to push the ranking of "wp SEO automation" to the first page of Google search result.

I'll keep you posted on the progress of its ranking then.

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016
I was really interested, registered and used your site, the process was very smooth, the thumbnails of the “ebooks” look low-quality, I think you can find better renders, also I was really surprised at how the content came once downloaded...

Honestly man? White background with normal (bad font) writing on top and some voice without a proper mic behind...?
I would never recommend, looks really bad comes into a compressed file which tbh looks sketchy, I was scared for a second that there might have been a virus, would’ve never done it if this wasn’t in a pinned post but I just read you can pay for it and it’s not an MJ suggestion.

The whole experience once I think about it felt a little bit off,from the reviews/stars etc.. like I would never put my credit card in after thinking about it.

My advice is to provide actual value and do it with some common sense, not a wordpad with phone recorded voice over it.

Like to be honest your info was generic and spot on, you probably watched some videos/guides and assembled it together, fine just make it look “professional”.

I’m no SEO expert so I can’t help you with that but I’d focus on the after landing on the site and downloading something, I’m not that nit-picky and maybe Ijust picked the wrong ebook but I guess many people would say the same, I’ll wait for other reviews.

Good luck.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Looking at the products offered and the volume of products, @Armil Velos is selling PLR (private label rights) eBooks and courses.

@Bobby_italy you're right in feeling like the whole process was "off".

This is some Warrior Forum bullshit.

Putt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 1, 2020
Selling PLR feels rather blackhatworld/warrierforum-ish and not that long-term. I think the business model is interesting and your background in SEO is certainly going to be useful. PLR isn't a particularly sustainable business model as you are providing no unique value and I've never heard of someone who has paid for a PLR resource and found it valuable. You have no control over your sales and are at the total whim of the search algorithm which as I'm sure you know isn't very reliable.

Especially with the standard renders, I wouldn't pay money for any of the products. Why a DVD case render is supposed to make me buy some social media graphics, I'll never know. If you want to sell PLR, redesign the cover or at the very least, generate your own renders.

What's the long-term strategy here? Creating your own products? Using this as the marketing lead-gen of the century?

It feels like there are some strands of really good potential here, but just needs a little bit of strategy.

Good work so far though!

Edit:
That social proof plugin you're using might be good for conversions but I DO NOT like the fact that my name and location is displayed to any and all random visitors.

Last edited:

WowVisible

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 1, 2014
I was really interested, registered and used your site, the process was very smooth, the thumbnails of the “ebooks” look low-quality, I think you can find better renders, also I was really surprised at how the content came once downloaded...

Honestly man? White background with normal (bad font) writing on top and some voice without a proper mic behind...?
I would never recommend, looks really bad comes into a compressed file which tbh looks sketchy, I was scared for a second that there might have been a virus, would’ve never done it if this wasn’t in a pinned post but I just read you can pay for it and it’s not an MJ suggestion.

The whole experience once I think about it felt a little bit off,from the reviews/stars etc.. like I would never put my credit card in after thinking about it.

My advice is to provide actual value and do it with some common sense, not a wordpad with phone recorded voice over it.

Like to be honest your info was generic and spot on, you probably watched some videos/guides and assembled it together, fine just make it look “professional”.

I’m no SEO expert so I can’t help you with that but I’d focus on the after landing on the site and downloading something, I’m not that nit-picky and maybe Ijust picked the wrong ebook but I guess many people would say the same, I’ll wait for other reviews.

Good luck.

Hello Bobby_italy,

I'm so sorry for your bad experience of downloading product that didn't pass your taste. You may leave a product rating review. We'll remove products with an average rating below 5.

Thank you for your helpful feedback.

WowVisible

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 1, 2014
Selling PLR feels rather blackhatworld/warrierforum-ish and not that long-term. I think the business model is interesting and your background in SEO is certainly going to be useful. PLR isn't a particularly sustainable business model as you are providing no unique value and I've never heard of someone who has paid for a PLR resource and found it valuable. You have no control over your sales and are at the total whim of the search algorithm which as I'm sure you know isn't very reliable.

Especially with the standard renders, I wouldn't pay money for any of the products. Why a DVD case render is supposed to make me buy some social media graphics, I'll never know. If you want to sell PLR, redesign the cover or at the very least, generate your own renders.

What's the long-term strategy here? Creating your own products? Using this as the marketing lead-gen of the century?

It feels like there are some strands of really good potential here, but just needs a little bit of strategy.

Good work so far though!

Edit:
That social proof plugin you're using might be good for conversions but I DO NOT like the fact that my name and location is displayed to any and all random visitors.

Hello Putt, I respect your opinion about PLR products. The only way to determine which PLR products are of high-quality is to determine the product rating given by the visitors. After all, all the products are free for now.

We'll add price only based on the popularity of the product in terms of the number of downloads and ratings.

Your thoughts are helpful for me to continually improve the store. Thank you.

WowVisible

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 1, 2014
Looking at the products offered and the volume of products, @Armil Velos is selling PLR (private label rights) eBooks and courses.

@Bobby_italy you're right in feeling like the whole process was "off".

This is some Warrior Forum bullshit.

Hi Charnell, most of the products on the store are free to download. We'll add price based on popularity and ratings then.

WowVisible

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 1, 2014
Started Internal Linking For Boosting Page Authority

Part of the plan is to rank the collection or category pages. So, we added first contents like what we've started on SEO collection page as shown below:
seo content.png

On the other hand, we started adding links from each product under its collection page. See below for a sample:

seo linking.png

We'll finish all the linking structures for collection pages within this week.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.