The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting a coding school for kids

vbr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 1, 2016
I would like to start a coding school for kids in my area. I contacted a professor at a nearby university who runs a coding camp. I asked either to bring his program to my location directly or to license the curriculum. He wouldn't respond to my request. I found a similar school in different state, contacted the owner of the school. I haven't heard from the owner. Any ideas on where I should look into? Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
Hello @vbr ,

I don't know the American market...

But I will opine that you're likely to move the needle forward faster if you work with organizations with existing partner/franchise programs, instead of chasing busy professors (whose projects are often grants-driven and may not have any desires for world domination).

Tynker has a turnkey program to run your own coding camp for kids: Tynker | Coding for Kids

The Coder School has a full franchising program: theCoderSchool - coding for kids

Code Ninjas also has a franchise program: Code Ninjas: Coding Centers for Kids - Teach Kids to Code

There are a ton more of such programs... and I found these with a simple Google search!

Be reminded, though, that irrespective of what it's called -- licensing, partnership, franchising, etc --- all these break the element of C-CONTROL, and you're subject to the whims and dictates of the curriculum owner.

Nik@16

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Aug 22, 2018
India
I would like to start a coding school for kids in my area. I contacted a professor at a nearby university who runs a coding camp. I asked either to bring his program to my location directly or to license the curriculum. He wouldn't respond to my request. I found a similar school in different state, contacted the owner of the school. I haven't heard from the owner. Any ideas on where I should look into? Thank you.
I was also thinking of considering similar idea.What is your market and what is your age group ? The easiest part is getting a person to license their content. The hard part is marketing it.

Nik@16

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Aug 22, 2018
India
Rh
Hello @vbr ,

But I will opine that you're likely to move the needle forward faster if you work with organizations with existing partner/franchise programs, instead of chasing busy professors (whose projects are often grants-driven and may not have any desires for world domination).

Tynker has a turnkey program to run your own coding camp for kids: Tynker | Coding for Kids

The Coder School has a full franchising program: theCoderSchool - coding for kids

Code Ninjas also has a franchise program: Code Ninjas: Coding Centers for Kids - Teach Kids to Code

There are a ton more of such programs... and I found these with a simple Google search!

Be reminded, though, that irrespective of what it's called -- licensing, partnership, franchising, etc --- all these break the element of C-CONTROL, and you're subject to the whims and dictates of the curriculum owner.
That's right but one can also market it under it's own brand and control it by contracts. Bloomberg is still making money by selling JK Rowling's books.I would recommend you to first check out the market need through some partnership before diving in it.

Last edited:

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
How did you contacted them?

If by email then maybe you should try get them on phone or visit in person.

I don't know if anyone would consider email serious for such endeavour.

Fernando Osiel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 12, 2018

Good luck, tech is a fast growing career/trend. Kids are amazing for coding, they can create great thing. Hope you make this biz a reality.

vbr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 1, 2016
Hello @vbr ,

Hi George,

Thanks for your suggestions. I thought about franchising as well. However, I would like to have the control of the curriculum because I have some other ideas to add.

vbr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 1, 2016
I was also thinking of considering similar idea.What is your market and what is your age group ? The easiest part is getting a person to license their content. The hard part is marketing it.

@Nik@16 My age group 9-14. I think marketing would not be a problem because I have evidence of the demand here.

vbr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 1, 2016
How did you contacted them?

If by email then maybe you should try get them on phone or visit in person.

I don't know if anyone would consider email serious for such endeavour.
@Kid I tried to set up a meeting in person, but no luck so far.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.