The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Spot BS: Post your favorite MLM pitch...

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Easy as 1..2..3!

123 of what? Steps, Situps, Sail boat trips around the world?

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
I'm not against MLM but I've just done enough of them to know it's not for me.
The best MLM works because the PRODUCTS work and there's a limited number of reps in the territory.

If you can get in on something early on, you'll reap the benefits because you're an early adopter, parle that time and experience into the business and keep it moving. But more often than not, when you're signing up for one of these companies, you're down to your last few hundred bucks and are sold on the opportunities it presents.

I have done:

- Avon
- Mary Kay
- Petra
- Undercover Wear
- Fine Choice Food Club
- Primerica (bah!)

and considered

- Passion Parties
- Bedroom Kandi
- ItWorks (body wraps)
- Pampered Chef

More often than not, the person putting me on to the opportunity is almost always struggling - at their day job and at this second gig. And they're more interested in pursuing recruits than selling the product. I'm not for that. When I know of and like something, I LOVE to sell - because I do it easily and naturally. In my blogs, in my communications and in my conversations with friends!

Whiphsh

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jan 10, 2013
Lithuania
I actually wanted to kill some time with the dude just for fun, so I acted as if I was interested.

Him: Okay now here's a spreadsheet now let's take your phone and write all your contacts down in here.

Me: -

Him: Also, if there's anyone else you know who is not in your phone book, include them when you get back home.

Me: Yeah I actually left my phone at home so I'll fill them when I can...(I actually answered his call on the way to the cafe we met in *facepalm* )

Him: Yeah that's fine. Anyway, we could meet again tomorrow and call them together. What do you think?

I actually wonder how it worked out for him. Amway was a new thing here at that time so he must have gotten at least a coupl of people into it.

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
Not really a failure sales pitch but I witnessed the darkside of MLM.

My old Criminal Justice teacher from high school got pitched and hooked by one of his former students to attend a Primerica meeting. He attended, signed up, made a decent amount of money his first couple of months then QUIT his day job. Yes he quit his teacher job to work full time for Primerica. Long story short, the Primerica sales stopped coming in and his wife and kids ended up leaving him.

It's really sad how these companies brainwash these people to believe in a side walk "business opportunity."

Isn't Primerica an insurance company and not an MLM?

Kshatriya

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jul 13, 2014
Where am I?
"Unlike all other companies, this has a unique opportunity."
Since it's a small town, I've heard 3-4 people using the same dialog with some other people. My driving master made over USD 3500 within first month and a bit more in the second month, and I didn't see him recently. Nobody else made it so well here anyway.

Another common pitch "You'll get products for the joining fee you pay."

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
I just love when they stop you and ask, "what would YOU do with an extra $500 a month?"

And then actually sit there until I tell them.

OH, and the classic, "Well, you know 5 people, right?"

Like there is any person on earth that is going to say, "Nope, just you, my mom, and the guy you just bought my coffee from...."

I never actually joined any MLM stuff, but I am a HUGE fan :D

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Me: So what do you do?
Her: Oh, I'm a leader in our <insert bullshit MLM team here> and I help people to make money online.
Me: I like that, how exactly does it work? (being naive lol)
Her: It;s very easy and our team is very helpful. We have weekly <bullshit> webinars. If you join our team of leaders <implying you will become a leader> you get access to all our training videos and you get your own <iframed domain>website. It is only $25.
Me: So how do I make money if I join?
Her: You get access to your own blog where you can write about anything you are passionate about. Then people will find your site from google and they will join and...
Me:

haha ;)

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
His friend: Hey bro, come with me this Wed night, its a lady's night.
My friend: Where we goin'?
His friend: I know a place, we can check out some babes.
My friend: Ok see you then!
Wednesday night.
His friend: We're here, let me introduce you to a friend of mine (upline)
His friend's Upline: Let me tell you about a business opportunity.
My friend: *In his mind* - "Kidnapped!"

:playful:
:hilarious: Great

Bowden

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Sep 29, 2010
TAMPA, FL
Luckily for me I've only encountered these people a few times in my life.

A friend of my wife's keeps pushing that bracelet company.

Wife felt bad and ended up spending $100 or so on some cheap bracelets lol

CaliforniaDan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 14, 2014
Was in a book store, and someone was trying to sell me on an MLM. I said no thanks, and was walking away, and she said, "Well, it isn't for everyone. <hopeful look>" I almost took the bait, then realized, it was bait.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
My favorite pitch ending:

"I’ll see you on the inside…"

every time they say that, I'm either on the ground laughing so hard, or on my bed crying loudly :p

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Posted to my Facebook Inbox...

1. I don't post on FB everyday. In fact, the last status update I made was probably mid to late last year. Strike #1
  2. Rodan + Fields is a skin care line. Hmmm, sounds perfect for a middle-age man! Strike #2
  3. My positive and magnetic personality? Based on my ZERO posts I've made in the last year? Based on having spoken/conversed with you exactly ZERO times? Strike #3.
  4. I wrote a lengthy diatribe in my book crucifying MLM (Re: Direct Sales business) -- again, why the f*ck would I want to join you? And do you truly know anything about me other than being a warm body to fill your lead funnel? Strike #4: Not get back to the bench and try again.

These people are pathetic. And no, I have no clue who this person was who messaged me.

The first and only time I heard about this skin care line was this:

A famous actor posted about his skin cancer operation and said always wear sunscreen. The post come up on the "trending" link in Facebook and I clicked it to see the relevant posts.

People had taken his photo of his operation, and added a photo of their r+f sunscreen crap, then written a post starting about his operation and how he told everyone always wear sunscreen, then proceeded to talk about how they sold sunscreen and it's the best message me for 70% off.

Soo many of these sheep had done this copying each other.

I didn't see a single positive comment on their posts and plenty of hate. I honestly think joining an MLM could ruin your life, or atleast your social life, life as you know it.

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
"Invest in yourself". I could not BELIEVE at the one a friend asked me to go to (which later was shut down by FCC I believe) how brainwashed these people were - it was like being in a cult. My buddy honestly believed if he let me walk out of there without signing up he was a bad friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Whether or not it was real or fiction, and the controversy surrounding it, it communicated fastlane ideas in an accessible way to the mainstream.

I likely wouldn't be where I am if that book hadn't got me thinking differently years ago.

I don't have a problem with fiction. But don't pass it off as fact which is what Kiyosaki did and was busted for it. There's enough BS in this industry. TBH, I've read 10 x more powerful stuff since reading a few chapters off RD/PD.

I loved The Alchemist. That's fiction and pretty powerful too.

BillyMaysHere27

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Mar 29, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Hate to admit this, but I fell for one of these in college... Only because I had 3 good friends making enough money to pay their bills and drive cars paid for my the company (which they still have and own). It's definitely a short term scheme to make the top dawgs rich. However, I do have a buddy that is an absolute savage in sales and got in with a mlm company in the early stages and is now pulling in 24k a MONTH... at 25 years old... Now he travels the world and takes his payout (that he doesn't have to do anything for anymore) and uses it to fund his fastlane business. He also has 23k followers on instagram and pulls in money from there too.. So for some people it definitely works if it's not their end goal to sell energy drinks to their friends and they take that money and put it towards building their own business. I'm not at all promoting mlm or saying that people should do it or not, I'm simply just telling you that there are a FEW people that really do make good money doing this kind of stuff. I just happen to know a handful personally. Not my cup of tea though.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
I've been posting a lot in the Ethereum thread... If you want to see some MLM insanity going on? Cryptocurrency is where it's at.

10 level deep referral programs on some of them, isn't that sweet?

I just need to get Trump to sign up under me!

It's like Ponzi on a pyramid with a cherry on top.

workinprogress

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Nov 7, 2015
Anotherperson I recently came across in Asia was a guy trying to tell me that he has a cream that cures cancer and autism.
He said it was banned by the FDA and they're no longer able to produce it because they were "shaking up the pharma industry".

He legitimately tried to tell me that people were calling him crying because they need more of this cream for their children.

Now he only keeps a private stash in case he gets cancer in the future. As my British friends would say "What a load of bullocks."
That sounds wild. Doesn't sound like an MLM persay though, unless he's trying to sell it through that pyramid business model.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Sequential

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 8, 2017
UK
There's a local entrepreneur nerworking meetup near me.

Been a couple of times. But it's been completely overrun by MLM peddlers, which has sucked the life out of it. Instead of meeting people, you just get pitched the dream and then they get bewildered when I tell them to cram it.

Funniest part is, a lot of them are pitching the same thing so they get shitty when someone else in the room is also selling the same type of snake oil.

The big new one is a miracle wearable patch you wear all day that "releases vitamins and minerals only when your body needs them".

Being into fitness, naturally I probed...

SYK: "What's in it?"
MLM'er: "Hundreds of vitamins and minerals"
SYK: "Yeah, but what exactly?"
MLM'er: "Just all kinds of vitamins and minerals"
SYK: "OK.... how does it work? I mean, how does your body only know to draw from it when it needs?"
MLM'er: "Ummmmm... I'm not really sure. But, but since I've started wearing it I get up at 5am, I used to drink 3 cups of coffee now I need none, I never get tired, I've seen it change people's lives..."

Best thing was... when we started talking she'd just told me how tired and exhausted she was. Might need another magic sticker, darling.
All the local ones are overrun by that too. They think networking means selling, turning all the meets into tripe!

Court

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Sep 5, 2018
USA
Most MLM people aren't ripping people off. They genuinely want to help others with their delusions of passive income fortunes. False premises yields false actions, not necessarily deception or ripping people off. And therein lies the problem: These folks actually think they're evangelizing for something new or novel.
Agree with your thought on this... we used to own an MLM company and they see the few amazing, hard working, sales kings/queens and then assume that they can do the same with no work. MLM is a powerful and amazing way to distribute a product, but it does rely on people believing in the opportunity of wealth and freedom via becoming a representative of the company. The few who have done if for years and built followings, or are simply great sales people, do find success. Most just flounder and fail to work at the business or try without good guidance or realistic expectations.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Any new pitches to report? I'm guessing with CV19 that the recruitment has intensified!

D

Deleted50669

I posted this in the failure forum because every once in awhile we get some guy here trying to pitch us Fastlaners a great revolutionary MLM that is making people tons of money! Some will even show-off their awesome $10K checks and their impressive Mercedes C-Class.

I've learned to spot the funny pitches and this thread will help you SPOT the pitches before you get roped into some low EV pipe dream.

Please post your favorite pitches, phrases, or word combos...

Here are mine:

1) I need 30 people who want to join my "team" -- must be self-starter and motivated!" ("Really? 30? So after 30 you will STOP pitching your shit? Why not 40? Or 100?")

2) It's going to happen with or without you! ("Great, make it happen with out me!")

3) Ground-floor opportunity

4) Be your own boss!
("All while being extremely annoying and losing your friends and family in the process!")

5) Residual income! ("LOL, if everyone is making "residual income" who actually is selling product?!")
Aren't you basically advocating for #4?

Summersalt

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Nov 21, 2014
WY
They tell you the products are working. But more interested in selling you the products and not to use them for themselves.

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
Any new pitches to report? I'm guessing with CV19 that the recruitment has intensified!

Two people I know have gone into it over the course of lockdown and post about it in a non-pushy way on social media. They appear to utilise the feature where you can ask someone a question through a stories post. They respond to the questions, whether the questions are their own or real I don't know, and they end it by casually asking if people to dm them if they want to know anything else. It's a bit clever, and to their credit they seem to be doing relatively well.

LifeisSuffering

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 14, 2020
it's the business of the 21 century ( like the AI and Blockchain are shitty industries)

P789

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 23, 2020
Legazpi, Philippines
Another one on facebook, YOU CAN GET A SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM if you buy 8 sets of this product for the price of $100 (₱5,100) and the product itself is garbage. Its because testimonials surfaced on this social media, claiming that their skin became rash as they applied the product.

And their target market was students who were desperate for money as the pandemic ravages our country.

And what is so funny here is that this MLM was featured on the national TV as complaints mount

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.