• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Parents, please post your favorite parenting book

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by andyhaus44, Oct 24, 2018.

1. andyhaus44

andyhaus44 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $574
    Hi Fastlane Parents,

Reading books on parenting can have an enormous positive impact on the affect you have on raising your children - my favorite book is How to be a great dad by Keith Zafren. What is your favorite book on parenting?

Flo2018 and George Appiah like this.
  2. George Appiah

George Appiah Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,817
    A big part of what constitutes a "good" parenting advice will depend on your worldview.

If you have a Christian worldview (or at least you're open-minded enough to examine new information, no matter the source), a great parenting book would be King Me: What Every Son Wants and Needs from His Father.

The author (Steve Farrar ) uses kings of the Old Testament as character studies to examine the critical role a father plays in preparing his son to become a godly man, concluding that what separated the "good kings" from the "bad kings" in the Old Testament was a father who made time commitments to mentor his son.

I think that's true irrespective of your worldview. And despite the "son" bias, I see no reason why making time commitments to mentor your daughter wouldn't be as helpful.

Also, as my little boy (who will be 4 in December) grows up, I see him trying to ape me in everything I do. As a result, I've come to appreciate that the biggest parenting advice is for parents to live an exemplary life for their kids to follow. And a critical piece of that puzzle is how the parents treat and relate to each other!

41B9o1VZJIL._SX312_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    andyhaus44 and Flo2018 like this.
  3. andyhaus44

Rep Bank:
    $574
    George,

Thank you so much for the book recommendation. Just ordered it and looking forward to reading it!

4. andyhaus44

Rep Bank:
    $574
    Anyone else have parenting books they recommend?