The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So. I think I get it:

agm8478

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 26, 2020
Dallas, TX
Newbies and the uninitiated should stay quietly on the sidelines and not ask questions or say much of anything. Find your own way - just like we did- and keep your dumba** questions to yourself. I had hoped this would be different - a real community of peers who genuinely try to help one another - but it’s not.
What it is, is a set of ideas that can open the door to freedom.
So if you won’t help, can’t abide the questions from a newbie then so be it. I’ll do it myself.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Newbies and the uninitiated should stay quietly on the sidelines and not ask questions or say much of anything. Find your own way - just like we did- and keep your dumba** questions to yourself. I had hoped this would be different - a real community of peers who genuinely try to help one another - but it’s not.
So if you won’t help, can’t abide the questions from a newbie then so be it. I’ll do it myself.
I've been on the forum since the very beginning. Have not found this to be the case.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

I see the issue. You posted on someone else's thread and did not get an answer. Start another thread with your question. We are here to help.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
You have 6 posts here beside this OP.

That’s all it took you to reach this conclusion?

Perhaps you should rough it out a little longer and you’ll see that your initial observation is totally wrong.

In your thread: “What the Heck is an Industry Multiplier?” you got a helpful response from MJ DeMarco himself.

Did you come here an expect to have your hand held?

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Completely false.

People are here to help, don't expect them to do the work for you.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
How did you reach that conclusion?

I don't see any evidence on any of your posts to indicate why you would feel that way.

Perhaps if you explain your reasons we can address them.

Last edited:

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Your attitude stinks.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I sometimes wonder where my business would be if I spent less time trying to help newbies in this forum.

Those 10,000+ posts and 3,000+ conversations via private message over the past 6+ years? That’s a lot of time and effort spent trying to help people. I’m not the only one who comes here to help people either.

Maybe I’d do better if I just helped myself.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I see the issue. You posted on someone else's thread and did not get an answer. Start another thread with your question. We are here to help.
So you went back to try and figure out what happened? Thank you for making the effort Steve.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
dating myself a bit here ...... in the old kung fu movies that were on tv when i was a kid, the road to success was riddled with obstacles and tests and the teacher sometimes leading in a way that did not seem helpful. the students that put in the effort were rewarded greatly.

tldr; this community is incredibly helpful. sometimes the help is not in the form you 'want' it in. put in the effort and be rewarded.

Noo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Apr 21, 2018
In your thread: “What the Heck is an Industry Multiplier?” you got a helpful response from MJ DeMarco himself.

Note that that answer is one hour after this thread, though.

Despite the fact, there were already at that time useful answers, I don't disagree that he was already being helped.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
dating myself a bit here ...... in the old kung fu movies that were on tv when i was a kid, the road to success was riddled with obstacles and tests and the teacher sometimes leading in a way that did not seem helpful. the students that put in the effort were rewarded greatly.

tldr; this community is incredibly helpful. sometimes the help is not in the form you 'want' it in. put in the effort and be rewarded.
sometimes its better for someone to find out themselves with a tiny bit of guidance. If you tell them out-right they will never learn or won't learn it as well. I see now why dad would let me bump myself... If I never fell, then I would never learn to run.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
sometimes its better for someone to find out themselves with a tiny bit of guidance. If you tell them out-right they will never learn or won't learn it as well. I see now why dad would let me bump myself... If I never fell, then I would never learn to run.
As they say:

“Wisdom is earned.”

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I sometimes wonder where my business would be if I spent less time trying to help newbies in this forum.

Those 10,000+ posts and 3,000+ conversations via private message over the past 6+ years? That’s a lot of time and effort spent trying to help people. I’m not the only one who comes here to help people either.

Holy crap, that's a lot of posts!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Holy crap, that's a lot of posts!
Yep. And I’d say 25% of what I write in here is unseen and in private messages.

Now then. If I could just add an extra twist and do a bit more with all that content...

serge94

Running a B2C SaaS
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Apr 20, 2020
Europe
I don't mean to be rude but I feel like in order to get help you have to kinda offer something in return as well, what have you provided the forum so far?

Honestly I've been on different kinds of forums for 15+ years, ever since phpBB 2.0 was the hip new thing. Trust me when I say this, in 2020, TFF and MJ's books are gems, I'm amazed that they're real. The amount of value that you can get out of this forum right now is unmatched, and it's FREE! And yet here you are complaining like a teenager that your random question was left unanswered for a while.

Apologies in advance for my attitude.

LeeRoyBrown

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 5, 2020
Uk
greenbeanstealing.gif

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
You don't seem to be asking a question here. If this forum is NOT a good fit -- so be it. You seem to think that we have a duty to help you. Is it a two-way street? You must remember that we're all "newbies" at something all the time. I try to do new things to keep my life fresh and interesting. I know what I gonna do next. Do you? What in particular are you trying to do?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

that’s the spirit, Andy. I’m winning you over.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Old

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
New guy here.

I find this forum to be unbelievably valuable. Spent the first couple of months lurking, reading gold & notable posts, and then contributing where I could. These people are now my colleagues and friends. Flew to Phoenix for the Fastlane Summit, and realized I've never been around more quality people in one place. I've climbed mountains with them (thanks for the quad workout, @SteveO ).

IDK if I've even been here a year yet. Maybe I'm just lucky?
Or maybe I didn't stay on the sidelines.

I think I have the solution for you:

If you haven't read this you should try it. It might come off as schlocky or old-timey, but it can turn your world around if you let it. If I were you I would re-examine your assumption about what it means to be a newbie and your perceptions concerning status when it comes to being a member of the forum. I really do believe you make your own luck here. I'll certainly help you where I can.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
that’s the spirit, Andy. I’m winning you over.
You are indeed, slowly but surely.

The never-ending waves are taking their toll.

In the book “Give and Take” it talks about people being Takers, Matchers, or Givers.

Givers can wear themselves out if they’re not careful. I need to do things differently.

Serito

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Dec 24, 2013
Always wondered where do the golden contributors here take the time to do what they do…

They make it a priority.

And post like this one make them step back and think about it.

It takes years and a lot of effort to build a reputation on a forum that, historically, has a “question everything and everyone” culture built from the very beginning, applied to every single post. It enables quality.

I think we should just say THANK YOU and try to follow their path.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.