Woody
New Contributor
What's up everyone!
Ok so some of you may remember my failure of a thread about a month ago. In that thread I asked for some question I should ask a very successful investor/business owner. Well I got some help but I pretty much used my own questions. haha.
Anyways, here are the details of the trip.
I am in a Communications 1010 class at school. We were learning about the proper interviewing techniques. Our end of chapter assignment was to conduct an interview with the interviewee having a career we are interested in. when I got news of this assignment I was very excited. After school I immediately called my good friend and mentor and asked if he had anyone I could interview (it had to be a stranger who is why I didn't just interview him). Well it turns out this guy is a stock adviser to Robert Kiyosaki. He told me that he was going down to phoenix to speak at a rich dad convention at the end of February. He told me that I was more than welcome to go with him.
I was ecstatic.
So I met with my friend a few times before the trip and came up with 2 pretty good questions. Since college is a pretty big decision right now in my life I decided to frame my questions around that theme.
The questions were:
1) In your books you talk about the different aspects of a financial education. This next fall I will be a freshman in college. I was wondering what you think would be the best area for me to focus my studies to better prepare myself for a successful financial future?
2) How do you feel about an Entrepreneur major?
3) If you were a young investor with little business and financial experience, how would you recommend starting out and growing into an Entrepreneur?
4) If you could go back to a mistake you made or a decision you made, would you change anything about the way you looked at the world or the specific quadrant you were working from?
***HAHA please don't laugh at this question, I winged it and was very nervous!
5) If you start a business and it fails, how can you stay confident enough to try again and to believe in yourself and risk failure again?
Now I said that I had two questions prepared. My mentor and I thought that Robert was going to be very busy filming with his advisors and have little time for me to interview him. When we got to Robert's office, my mentor had to do some filming. They did their thing in Roberts’s private recording studio. Many of his advisors were there to film and talk about the different sectors of investing. After my friend was done filming, he motioned for me to come up and talk to Robert. I asked him if I could interview him and he politely agreed. I asked my first question and without a response, he told his crew member to mic me up, he wanted to record this interview.
This is where I got really nervous.
This is the first time I have not been the interviewee. I only have two prepared questions and I am on camera with Robert Kiyosaki, in front of 5 of his investment advisors! The crew was very nice and patient. I had to speak very loud and clear. This took me a few times haha. Once I got the hang of talking into the mic, we began recording. He introduced me and then I asked question 1. He gave an awesome reply and I then asked question 2. And so on... Some of the questions were weak, but that is because I had only planned out questions 1 and 5, the others were just going with the flow of the interview and I just threw them out there.
So we finished the interview and I felt amazing. The crew told me that they would cut and edit the tape and send me a copy. I got the copy a few days ago and it is amazing. Robert truly is a great investor; he is also an amazing teacher. He gave me insights into financial education that would surely not be taught at a private university.
The experience as a whole was amazing! I guess Robert liked the interview and filming enough to put it up on his website. I can’t access the interview because I am not a premium member but my mentor showed me the clip. I don’t think they would like me to put the clip on youtube or another hosting website for copyright reasons and such; which is why you wont be able to see the interview unless you are a paying member on the Rich Dad site.
I am deeply thankful for the chance I was granted to interview one of my greatest hero’s and roll models. I will never forget going on this vacation or interviewing Robert. He is an amazing person.
So ya, that is my experience!
Feel free to PM me for more details, I don’t want to be a bore.
-Woody
Ok so some of you may remember my failure of a thread about a month ago. In that thread I asked for some question I should ask a very successful investor/business owner. Well I got some help but I pretty much used my own questions. haha.
Anyways, here are the details of the trip.
I am in a Communications 1010 class at school. We were learning about the proper interviewing techniques. Our end of chapter assignment was to conduct an interview with the interviewee having a career we are interested in. when I got news of this assignment I was very excited. After school I immediately called my good friend and mentor and asked if he had anyone I could interview (it had to be a stranger who is why I didn't just interview him). Well it turns out this guy is a stock adviser to Robert Kiyosaki. He told me that he was going down to phoenix to speak at a rich dad convention at the end of February. He told me that I was more than welcome to go with him.
I was ecstatic.
So I met with my friend a few times before the trip and came up with 2 pretty good questions. Since college is a pretty big decision right now in my life I decided to frame my questions around that theme.
The questions were:
1) In your books you talk about the different aspects of a financial education. This next fall I will be a freshman in college. I was wondering what you think would be the best area for me to focus my studies to better prepare myself for a successful financial future?
2) How do you feel about an Entrepreneur major?
3) If you were a young investor with little business and financial experience, how would you recommend starting out and growing into an Entrepreneur?
4) If you could go back to a mistake you made or a decision you made, would you change anything about the way you looked at the world or the specific quadrant you were working from?
***HAHA please don't laugh at this question, I winged it and was very nervous!
5) If you start a business and it fails, how can you stay confident enough to try again and to believe in yourself and risk failure again?
Now I said that I had two questions prepared. My mentor and I thought that Robert was going to be very busy filming with his advisors and have little time for me to interview him. When we got to Robert's office, my mentor had to do some filming. They did their thing in Roberts’s private recording studio. Many of his advisors were there to film and talk about the different sectors of investing. After my friend was done filming, he motioned for me to come up and talk to Robert. I asked him if I could interview him and he politely agreed. I asked my first question and without a response, he told his crew member to mic me up, he wanted to record this interview.
This is where I got really nervous.
This is the first time I have not been the interviewee. I only have two prepared questions and I am on camera with Robert Kiyosaki, in front of 5 of his investment advisors! The crew was very nice and patient. I had to speak very loud and clear. This took me a few times haha. Once I got the hang of talking into the mic, we began recording. He introduced me and then I asked question 1. He gave an awesome reply and I then asked question 2. And so on... Some of the questions were weak, but that is because I had only planned out questions 1 and 5, the others were just going with the flow of the interview and I just threw them out there.
So we finished the interview and I felt amazing. The crew told me that they would cut and edit the tape and send me a copy. I got the copy a few days ago and it is amazing. Robert truly is a great investor; he is also an amazing teacher. He gave me insights into financial education that would surely not be taught at a private university.
The experience as a whole was amazing! I guess Robert liked the interview and filming enough to put it up on his website. I can’t access the interview because I am not a premium member but my mentor showed me the clip. I don’t think they would like me to put the clip on youtube or another hosting website for copyright reasons and such; which is why you wont be able to see the interview unless you are a paying member on the Rich Dad site.
I am deeply thankful for the chance I was granted to interview one of my greatest hero’s and roll models. I will never forget going on this vacation or interviewing Robert. He is an amazing person.
So ya, that is my experience!
Feel free to PM me for more details, I don’t want to be a bore.
-Woody
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
