The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Slowlane is paid education

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

Pyromaniac

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Feb 28, 2017
Platteville, Wisconsin
Hello fastlaners, slowlaners, and sidewalkers,

Slowlane is a paid education with your mistakes on someone elses dime. Just be careful not to get stuck in it.

I am an avid fan of racing and used to race cars till I joined a robotics team in high school. In racing you start in the lower divisions to learn how the car handles on the track at slower speeds then as you progress you work your way into different classes. I drove for a team and I owned a race team. I knew nothing about racing or working on cars before I joined the race team. At the team I couldn't control my sponsors, what car to drive, or even the track I was racing at. However I learned a lot during this period and was making mistakes on someone else's dime. When I crashed because I zigged when I should have zagged the owner had to pay for the damaged car not me. I learned how to fix it but didn't have to flip the bill. Then when I owned the race team I was able to use my mistakes and leverage my experience to build a race car and quickly win 2 championships. If I would have just started my own team I would not have won as many races as I did, nor got the mentorship that I needed.

My point is this. There are many paths to success in the fastlane. Personally my plan is to earn a CPA and work at an public accounting company to learn about the software they use, the strategies they use for acquiring clients, what I hate and like about the software that is used. I will make mistakes (Which is inevitable) on their dime and not mine. I will use my experience and failures as leverage to build my own software company for taxes. I am getting paid to learn while someone else has to flip the bill for my mistakes. While this is going on I will be in the garage after work building my car (software) that will propel me to the next level.

This is my first post post so any constructive criticism will be appreciated greatly. My background is that I am an Accounting student and working towards my CPA. Both of my parents are hardcore slowlaners and think any other choice is just stupid.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
There is no such thing as free lunch!

Sure, Slowlane education is freaking expensive. A medical degree might eat a million dollars, with the housemanship and Masters not counted.

A Fastlane education is also not cheap because it eat time.
You spend time to read TMF , set up a business and learn from mistakes, talk to mentors, attend trade shows and pitch to customers. Every moment is our education! Every breath, every sight and every action is our education! Monetary wise, the Fastlane 101 cost can be discounted, but time spent will be quite arduous.

For Slowlaners, it is freaking expensive. I see it all the time...people complaining that business is risky and you can't trust people.

Why do Slowlaners think a Fastlane education is expensive? Why do they reject it?

Simple. They don't value their time.

Our time is the most valuable asset we have, far more than money. Which is to say, I expect my returns from time investment to be far more than money. Time is my strongest fighter in my army, and strong fighters are few. I want my strongest fighter, time, to win and capture as many prisoners as it can!

Strong fighters win huge victories. Huge victories lead to glory and wealth. The more strong fighters I send into combat, the more victories I win.

'But people spend so much time at their jobs and earn so little!'
Which is more powerful, Bruce Lee or a marine armed with an M-16 rifle? The guy with the gun! I have to arm my strongest fighter, time, with the best weapons! And these weapons are:

1. a fastlane business system with marketing, products and sales
2. knowing what the customer wants
3. ME. You have to command warriors!

Armed and strong warriors not only win victories and capture prisoners, but scare the hell out of other warring tribes and warriors. Your competitors, seeing you emerge out of the dust with that high-calibre minigun slung over your shoulder and that sling of grenades at your belt, plus that six-packs, will not only shake with fear, but bow down before you saying 'I surrender'.

And some might even give you money for a buyout, a Fastlane exit! In the past, weak nations used to bribe invaders away, you know!

So, in short, Fastlaners are more dangerous than regular entrepreneurs, because we don't want to waste time on meaningless startups with no revenues. We don't waste time on do-what-you-love businesses or 'free business talks'. We don't even waste time at networking events trying to 'look good'...when a Skype call or sales letter can rope in cash. Fastlaners focus on sending time to war, to fight for them, and winning a great victory!

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego

Slowlane is a paid education with your mistakes on someone elses dime. Just be careful not to get stuck in it.

I am an avid fan of racing and used to race cars till I joined a robotics team in high school. In racing you start in the lower divisions to learn how the car handles on the track at slower speeds then as you progress you work your way into different classes. I drove for a team and I owned a race team. I knew nothing about racing or working on cars before I joined the race team. At the team I couldn't control my sponsors, what car to drive, or even the track I was racing at. However I learned a lot during this period and was making mistakes on someone else's dime. When I crashed because I zigged when I should have zagged the owner had to pay for the damaged car not me. I learned how to fix it but didn't have to flip the bill. Then when I owned the race team I was able to use my mistakes and leverage my experience to build a race car and quickly win 2 championships. If I would have just started my own team I would not have won as many races as I did, nor got the mentorship that I needed.

My point is this. There are many paths to success in the fastlane. Personally my plan is to earn a CPA and work at an public accounting company to learn about the software they use, the strategies they use for acquiring clients, what I hate and like about the software that is used. I will make mistakes (Which is inevitable) on their dime and not mine. I will use my experience and failures as leverage to build my own software company for taxes. I am getting paid to learn while someone else has to flip the bill for my mistakes. While this is going on I will be in the garage after work building my car (software) that will propel me to the next level.

This is my first post post so any constructive criticism will be appreciated greatly. My background is that I am an Accounting student and working towards my CPA. Both of my parents are hardcore slowlaners and think any other choice is just stupid.
This is a brilliant attitude OP, I work for a startup and sometimes feel like I should be paying them instead of getting a salary for how much business education I'm getting :clench:

One piece of advice is always provide so much value to the company that you get promoted quickly, a higher level position will free you from bullshit tasks entry level employees get assigned and gives you more time and opportunity to pursue your own objectives. This isn't that hard, since most employees are just there to punch the clock, and you have a fastlane goal to push you extra.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
This is a brilliant attitude OP, I work for a startup and sometimes feel like I should be paying them instead of getting a salary for how much business education I'm getting :clench:

One piece of advice is always provide so much value to the company that you get promoted quickly, a higher level position will free you from bullshit tasks entry level employees get assigned and gives you more time and opportunity to pursue your own objectives. This isn't that hard, since most employees are just there to punch the clock, and you have a fastlane goal to push you extra.
You are already paying them. They get more profits, which indirectly is the measure of your value.

And you actually get paid more with more steady raises. :)
Higher level positions need a degree of politics and tough competition, but they go close to the Law of Effection, and to a degree do obey Fastlane.

But
Preview

Why have the rocket only fly to the sky, when it can go to Mars? Which is a better achievement, Mars or sky?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Agreed

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Any constructive criticism will be appreciated greatly.

Acquiring domain experience is one of the better ways to uncover problems and needs to be solved. Unfortunately it usually involves a job which you clearly identified as a means to an end. Just make sure the spoils of a job (nice paycheck, lifestyle improvement) doesn't steal the long-term vision.

Welcome to the forum.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Getting paid to learn sure beats paying to learn.

I was a self-employed IT contractor for a decade and vowed I'd never get a job again. I "fell" into AdWords and decided to switch. I ended up taking a couple of j.o.b.s for different companies. My effective salary plummeted but I got to be the analyst and then lead of a team spending €120k a day and lead another team that built 120m keywords and ads. Think I'd have picked up that experience on a course?

I got paid to learn.

I didn't dig a deeper hole by taking a year out to pay for an MSc in Digital Marketing.

I also learned a damn sight more by *doing*.

With all those new skills and experience I went off freelancing again.

(Loved the racing cars analogy... very apt for this forum! Thanks for sharing @Michael Lau.)

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA

More time, more opportunity, and more money.. and probably more equity if we're talking about increased responsibilities at an early-stage startup.

I just joined an early-stage, venture backed company. They're looking to follow the T2D3 model (triple-triple-double-double-double your revenue).

I joined where there's only a VP of sales, and a director of a partnership channel. Then there's a CEO, some founders / board members, developers, and sales people. I'm in sales.

If you read that article I linked to, you'll notice there becomes a point where you need to hire another level in the sales structure - directors etc. I'm already going to get paid really well, but as I help to build the company, I'll keep my eye out for those opportunities too. So much to learn and grow from, and so much money to be made..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.