The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Siri Shortcuts, It’s App Store Effect, Taking/Stealing Opportunity?

D

DeletedUser0287

So most apps act as a utility or entertainment. Doesn’t anyone feel that Siri shortcuts destroyed almost all utility based apps. Pretty much lowered the barrier to code to anyone now. Thus in order to make money on App Store now, you gotta make something out of this world. Very discouraging, as the past couple months been going deep into iOS development...

I feel like the only ones that have a chance now are creative types. Your opinion?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Why are you here?

It's clear from your body of posts that you're only here to confirm and validate your excuses about why it can't be done.

Every thread is a damn excuse. A mental gymnastic. And it's getting tiresome.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Siri can’t even set an alarm correctly let alone replace entire apps.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
D

DeletedUser0287

Why are you here?

It's clear from your body of posts that you're only here to confirm and validate your excuses about why it can't be done.

Every thread is a damn excuse. A mental gymnastic. And it's getting tiresome.

Sorry, MJ.

Everything I tried failed for years. I did not have this mentality from the start. I was eager and thought I could do anything I set my mind to. Then the market punched me in the face multiple times. People ask me, what do you do for fun? I can’t even answer. I have lost myself.

But I still keep trying regardless. I make these threads, to find the root cause of my failures. I said money was my problem for Ecom. So the solution is to find business that wasn’t based on money at all. Software. Total even playing field. Then realizing how fast everything I make in software can be irrelevant within months. Got me discouraged again. Hence this thread.

I know these all still sound like excuses. The only thing I got going for me in the future is real estate. But still looking for something in addition to real estate. Real is hybrid fastlane in my opinion.

Edit: Hate to say it, but I regret doing entrepreneurship. It destroyed me financially and my life with it. I am a scenario that not most hear about. The only person I can blame is myself

Last edited by a moderator:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
So most apps act as a utility or entertainment. Doesn’t anyone feel that Siri shortcuts destroyed almost all utility based apps. Pretty much lowered the barrier to code to anyone now. Thus in order to make money on App Store now, you gotta make something out of this world. Very discouraging, as the past couple months been going deep into iOS development...

I feel like the only ones that have a chance now are creative types. Your opinion?

Found the title intriguing, then I saw who started it and was like oh geez, not again.

Yes Siri and money have ruined everything, you should just get a job.

Here is your problem, you are looking for the root cause and it’s never your fault. Ecom takes money. Apps won’t work because of Siri.

When will you figure out you are full of excuses. It’s your mind, you aren’t growing it. Please list the last 10 books you’ve read.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I know these all still sound like excuses. The only thing I got going for me in the future is real estate. But still looking for something in addition to real estate. Real is hybrid fastlane in my opinion.

Edit: Hate to say it, but I regret doing entrepreneurship. It destroyed me financially and my life with it. I am a scenario that not most hear about. The only person I can blame is myself

Why is real estate going to work? I’d like to hear your plan before you shit on real estate 2 years from now blaming it on shitty tenants.

You say that but you aren’t blaming yourself at all.

D

DeletedUser0287

Why is real estate going to work? I’d like to hear your plan before you sh*t on real estate 2 years from now blaming it on sh*tty tenants.

You say that but you aren’t blaming yourself at all.

1) No arbitrary guessing and checking whether something will be bought
2) Its based on hard data, most people become millionaires through real estate
4) I don't mind dumping money if its is a high probability venture (not based on opinion, but stats)
3) People with zero business mindset do it (aka, slowlaners)
I see it as hustle for deals, limit liability with knowledge of housing laws. Highly controllable with screening criteria, proper procedures for most scenario, and good management.

Sh*tty tenants come from poor screening. But even with good screening, some bad tenants can slip in. Which is where the procedures come in. All in the preparation of good documents as well.

People that do have horror stories treat it like a hobby and not a business.

My other mistake was EGO. We hear some stat that majority of products fail. But my ego makes me believe that I'm the 1%. Illogical. Should have went with the stats and did real estate from day 1.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
. But my ego makes me believe that I'm the 1%. Illogical.

The 1% are not born they are (self)made. They have the same doubts, regrets, and fears as the other 99% does. However they keep putting one foot in front of the other DESPITE their doubt's, lack of money, resources etc..

It's a mindset thing but it is also the belief that if they don't give up they will succeed. Face a brick wall? Find a way around it. Face a mountain? Go over it. Hit a dead end? Back up and find another route, but don't change the destination regardless of how many times you have to course correct. Whatever it takes, just keep moving forward towards that one goal.

This is where you need a mindset adjustment. If you keep chopping and changing every time you come across an obstacle then you will never have a success because you can't have a successful business if it never gets past 60% built.

Stop looking at what everyone else is doing and go and find a pain point instead. See if you can find a solution then scale the hell out of it. Follow One Course Until Successful.

IMG_6124.jpg

Chris25

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Aug 29, 2018
Europe
Thus in order to make money on App Store now, you gotta make something out of this world.

Then the market punched me in the face multiple times. People ask me, what do you do for fun? I can’t even answer. I have lost myself.
All the basic stuff in today's world have been done many many times. In order to succeed in whatever field of work you have to be out of this world. And yes things blow up and loose relevancy fast.

These are the signs of us developing as a race. So you're either good enough to stand out or you will be stuck with the average. It's always been survival of the fittest, the only difference is now people have platforms where they can complain, validate their average effort and shift blame.

Your real estate project will lose relevancy as well, because the smart entrepreneurs are starting to look into Mars real estate for next year, and you're still just thinking about the one on Earth.

I'm not claiming all-knowing status, just my opinion: )

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
The 1% are not born they are (self)made. They have the same doubts, regrets, and fears as the other 99% does. However they keep putting one foot in front of the other DESPITE their doubt's, lack of money, resources etc..

It's a mindset thing but it is also the belief that if they don't give up they will succeed. Face a brick wall? Find a way around it. Face a mountain? Go over it. Hit a dead end? Back up and find another route, but don't change the destination regardless of how many times you have to course correct. Whatever it takes, just keep moving forward towards that one goal.

This is where you need a mindset adjustment. If you keep chopping and changing every time you come across an obstacle then you will never have a success because you can't have a successful business if it never gets past 60% built.

Stop looking at what everyone else is doing and go and find a pain point instead. See if you can find a solution then scale the hell out of it. Follow One Course Until Successful.

View attachment 23304
Right on the money. Love that end quote too.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
1) No arbitrary guessing and checking whether something will be bought
2) Its based on hard data, most people become millionaires through real estate
4) I don't mind dumping money if its is a high probability venture (not based on opinion, but stats)
3) People with zero business mindset do it (aka, slowlaners)
I see it as hustle for deals, limit liability with knowledge of housing laws. Highly controllable with screening criteria, proper procedures for most scenario, and good management.

Sh*tty tenants come from poor screening. But even with good screening, some bad tenants can slip in. Which is where the procedures come in. All in the preparation of good documents as well.

People that do have horror stories treat it like a hobby and not a business.

My other mistake was EGO. We hear some stat that majority of products fail. But my ego makes me believe that I'm the 1%. Illogical. Should have went with the stats and did real estate from day 1.

So what I hear is other people have done it so I can too. What is really like to hear is your plan.

What you’ve just typed is a bunch of crap again. You could have said all these things before you started e-commerce.

Good screening can result in shitty tenants. A good tenant can lose a job or go through a divorce and trash your place.

Horror stories happen to all landlords not just hobby landlords.

When it happens to you... what will your excuse be?

I can’t wait to see your post about how all the cash flowing good properties are bought by investors with tons of money, agree or disagree?

D

DeletedUser0287

So what I hear is other people have done it so I can too. What is really like to hear is your plan.

Buy cash flowing single family property. The plan is simple, that’s why I didn’t state it. From what I see a person can get 2/3 for open opportunity. Location, Neighborhood, Condition. I choose first two because condition is fixable assuming its cosmetic.

What you’ve just typed is a bunch of crap again. You could have said all these things before you started e-commerce.

Not at all, these are legitimate reasons why it is more logical to go real estate. Actually I have one more legitimate reason. Local competition, not global. Providing Value is easy, Relative value is whats hard. Real estate, doesn't have that problem that much. Don't know how you can label those reasons as crap.

Good screening can result in sh*tty tenants. A good tenant can lose a job or go through a divorce and trash your place.

Horror stories happen to all landlords not just hobby landlords.

I have addressed this. What I am trying to say is that there are problems that do come up in real estate. Unavoidable. The difference is a business owner has a system in place to address the issue. The hobbyist does not and they most likely did not prepare themselves further increasing their liability.

When it happens to you... what will your excuse be?

I can’t wait to see your post about how all the cash flowing good properties are bought by investors with tons of money, agree or disagree?

Money isn't a problem in real estate. It's easy to get a mortgage. Plus you don't even want Class A properties anyways.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Buy cash flowing single family property. The plan is simple, that’s why I didn’t state it. From what I see a person can get 2/3 for open opportunity. Location, Neighborhood, Condition. I choose first two because condition is fixable assuming its cosmetic.

Not at all, these are legitimate reasons why it is more logical to go real estate. Actually I have one more legitimate reason. Local competition, not global. Providing Value is easy, Relative value is whats hard. Real estate, doesn't have that problem that much. Don't know how you can label those reasons as crap.

I have addressed this. What I am trying to say is that there are problems that do come up in real estate. Unavoidable. The difference is a business owner has a system in place to address the issue. The hobbyist does not and they most likely did not prepare themselves further increasing their liability.

Money isn't a problem in real estate. It's easy to get a mortgage. Plus you don't even want Class A properties anyways.

I don't even know what to say. You make it sound so simple. Just go find a SFH, get a loan, rent and cashflow. You are walking into this just like you did with your other businesses.

Do you want to know why I avoid REI as a business? I learned early on that real estate has one huge fundamental flaw. You can't control your gross income.

If you buy a SFH that rents for $2000/mo, the most you can gross is $24000/yr. You can try to increase it by providing furniture, pool service, etc... but for the most part you are stuck at $24000/yr. If rents decline to $1500/mo. You can't charge $2000/mo. If you buy a $200,000 house and the market drops to $180,000, you can't sell it at $200,000.

The market controls most of your parameters. All you can do is fix up the inside to change its value.

In a business, if your competitor drops the price, you can combat it by changing your product's value. There's so much more control in your business vs REI. But the fact that when your businesses failed, you just pointed elsewhere is scary. Because you just can't walk away in REI. It's not very liquid and you just can't quit it.

Now I do own real estate, I've bought and sold over 10 rentals so far, but I do it was a wealth preservation tool vs. a growth tool.

I'm just ranting on REI here because it's not as cut and dry as you believe. With your current mindset, you are heading into a train wreck again. Don't say we didn't warn you here. But just like your other threads, you formulate an opinion and don't listen to others and move forward. I would love to see a progress thread of your first SFH rental.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
Thus in order to make money on App Store now, you gotta make something out of this world. Very discouraging, as the past couple months been going deep into iOS development...

You're complaining that you can't make low value apps that are profitable?

Really?

It's not like the apps have to be particularly good anyway. HQ Trivia is popular.

Don't know how much money it makes (or if it even makes money), but the app gets a lot of people glued to their phone for a few minutes. I'm sure advertisers are interested. HQ Trivia is probably looking for a buyout though.

D

DeletedUser0287

I don't even know what to say. You make it sound so simple. Just go find a SFH, get a loan, rent and cashflow. You are walking into this just like you did with your other businesses.

Do you want to know why I avoid REI as a business? I learned early on that real estate has one huge fundamental flaw. You can't control your gross income.

If you buy a SFH that rents for $2000/mo, the most you can gross is $24000/yr. You can try to increase it by providing furniture, pool service, etc... but for the most part you are stuck at $24000/yr. If rents decline to $1500/mo. You can't charge $2000/mo. If you buy a $200,000 house and the market drops to $180,000, you can't sell it at $200,000.

The market controls most of your parameters. All you can do is fix up the inside to change its value.

In a business, if your competitor drops the price, you can combat it by changing your product's value. There's so much more control in your business vs REI. But the fact that when your businesses failed, you just pointed elsewhere is scary. Because you just can't walk away in REI. It's not very liquid and you just can't quit it.

Now I do own real estate, I've bought and sold over 10 rentals so far, but I do it was a wealth preservation tool vs. a growth tool.

I'm just ranting on REI here because it's not as cut and dry as you believe. With your current mindset, you are heading into a train wreck again. Don't say we didn't warn you here. But just like your other threads, you formulate an opinion and don't listen to others and move forward. I would love to see a progress thread of your first SFH rental.

To solve the REI problem, can't you just increase the number of properties? You said you had 10. This is the trade off I am making, probability of success vs growth. Also, I don't plan to do quick flips. I am long term real estate, this combats the short term issues of value drops. Business in itself the probabilities are stacked against you. As someone that hasn't had a consistent passive income source. This is the best decision for me to go, maybe not for you. You have already passed this road. I will try ecom again, once I get this RE rolling. At that point I should be able to afford low probabilities.

Did you do RE first or Ecom? I am asking, because I think you underestimate how much of a cash cushion RE gave you to fuel your ecom ventures. If you did, you did it the right way. Choose high probability venture first and then use funds from that venture to fuel business with low probability and unlimited growth potential.

I am aware of the growth cap per unit though. Part of my response to MJ. I called it hybrid fastlane.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
To solve the REI problem, can't you just increase the number of properties? You said you had 10. This is the trade off I am making, probability of success vs growth. Also, I don't plan to do quick flips. I am long term real estate, this combats the short term issues of value drops. Business in itself the probabilities are stacked against you. As someone that hasn't had a consistent passive income source. This is the best decision for me to go, maybe not for you. You have already passed this road. I will try ecom again, once I get this RE rolling. At that point I should be able to afford low probabilities.

I don't understand what you mean by solving the problem by increasing the number of properties. What problem are you trying to solve?

When you increase the number of properties, you increase your debt load and potential for repairs. So if multiple units go vacant or appliances break in multiple units, you could have a big cashflow issue. I don't know how much you make at your day job, but you better be able to handle this. I've had one fridge go out and an AC unit in 2 months. The fridge I replaced for $800 at bestbuy and the AC unit was $4800. If you had these two units and cashflowed $200 a month each, you would be -$800 for the year.

I'm not saying REI is bad, in fact I'm looking to purchase more SFH as soon as the market corrects a little. I plan to have alot of REI in my future. But you could crash and burn and lose way more money than in your ecommerce adventures.

Did you do RE first or Ecom? I am asking, because I think you underestimate how much of a cash cushion RE gave you to fuel your ecom ventures. If you did, you did it the right way. Choose high probability venture first and then use funds from that venture to fuel business with low probability and unlimited growth potential.

My Ecom business was started with $100. I had no cushion of cash when I started my business. In fact, I was working a job at the time making about $30k a year.

I had 3 REI properties at the time I started my Ecom business. My 3 properties were cashflowing maybe $300/mo at the time. So I wasn't rolling in the money.

See, this is where you aren't getting it. Again, you are assuming that I had an advantage that you didn't have, which was cash.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

It's funny, my first business in mind was real estate as well.

The week before my college in 2016, I had already earmarked some locations to start scouting for apartment units, as well as a starter Course for property.

But something didn't felt right with it. The numbers, income, people to deal with, etc. So I didn't follow through.

Now I know why. You have just expressed what my brain was trying to process those years back.

Reps+

EDIT: on the other hand, we need more efficient renovation folks who don't skimp on the painting. At a family's new place, we had to stick markers all over the place because of the shoddy painting. Paid the a$$ $5000 and said we'd pay for the extras if needed, but the fellow just scrimped on the renovations.

So yes, service businesses dealing with revamping units and houses WELL can make it.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Sorry, MJ.

Everything I tried failed for years. I did not have this mentality from the start. I was eager and thought I could do anything I set my mind to. Then the market punched me in the face multiple times. People ask me, what do you do for fun? I can’t even answer. I have lost myself.

But I still keep trying regardless. I make these threads, to find the root cause of my failures. I said money was my problem for Ecom. So the solution is to find business that wasn’t based on money at all. Software. Total even playing field. Then realizing how fast everything I make in software can be irrelevant within months. Got me discouraged again. Hence this thread.

You are a classic example of someone quitting as soon as it becomes difficult.

"I've done all the work, and it doesn't sell!"
"I've followed everything step by step and no-one wants to my product."

Next thing will probably be:
"Agree? I should buy a business instead of starting one."

As soon as you find one problem, you're looking to another business. The truth is: there is not such thing as simple business. You'll have to work hard and dedicate yourself to get some traction.

You're not "doing entrepreneurship", you just tried a couple of things, hoping something would eventually work without too much effort. It doesn't work that way. If you can't deal with problems, forget about owning a business as it's basically problem solving after problem solving. There are many other "problem-free" choices for you.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You are a classic example of someone quitting as soon as it becomes difficult.

Yup. He's a perfect example of someone who is looking for the easiest path.

And when the difficulty shows up-- which it always will -- we get another thread from him saying why it can't be done, complete with a long laundry list of rationalizations.

On the bright side, he's giving me some great material for future books. Namely, how our minds are the great saboteur of doing anything worthwhile. It constantly seeks risk-free ease and comfort...

D

DeletedUser0287

Should have clarified, 1% as in product success rate. Not 1% in terms of wealth demographic.

I don't understand what you mean by solving the problem by increasing the number of properties. What problem are you trying to solve?

When you increase the number of properties, you increase your debt load and potential for repairs. So if multiple units go vacant or appliances break in multiple units, you could have a big cashflow issue. I don't know how much you make at your day job, but you better be able to handle this. I've had one fridge go out and an AC unit in 2 months. The fridge I replaced for $800 at bestbuy and the AC unit was $4800. If you had these two units and cashflowed $200 a month each, you would be -$800 for the year.

I'm not saying REI is bad, in fact I'm looking to purchase more SFH as soon as the market corrects a little. I plan to have alot of REI in my future. But you could crash and burn and lose way more money than in your ecommerce adventures.

The bad event is the fridge and and AC Unit. Can be handled with proper preparation. I have already factored in 6 months rent to accommodate. Also not sure how old those things were. If they were old, you can prepare and buy new before tenants get in. What about new things breaking? I’m sure there are warranties on big ticket items.

My Ecom business was started with $100. I had no cushion of cash when I started my business. In fact, I was working a job at the time making about $30k a year.

I had 3 REI properties at the time I started my Ecom business. My 3 properties were cashflowing maybe $300/mo at the time. So I wasn't rolling in the money.

See, this is where you aren't getting it. Again, you are assuming that I had an advantage that you didn't have, which was cash.

What did that $100 go to? $100 from nothing to on the market? How many units on the market for that price? I believe you are leaving out a lot of hidden costs. I am trying to think of the logistics of product development at this cost. Assuming this is started on Amazon. Not limiting belief by the way, since I have built products myself. This has to be some sort of small accessory thing. Margins must be small at that startup cap. Or was it a single prototype that you sold?

On the bright side, he's giving me some great material for future books. Namely, how our minds are the great saboteur of doing anything worthwhile. It constantly seeks risk-free ease and comfort...

You’re welcome.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The bad event is the fridge and and AC Unit. Can be handled with proper preparation. I have already factored in 6 months rent to accommodate. Also not sure how old those things were. If they were old, you can prepare and buy new before tenants get in. What about new things breaking? I’m sure there are warranties on big ticket items.

6 months of cashflow (I assume that's what you meant) wouldn't accommodate that bill. The fridge was 10 years old. Not sure how old the AC was. Water heaters seemed to break every 8 years now. New things break. But more often, tenants break things. Things like, clogged toilet flooded the entire floor, needed new carpet. Standard landlord insurance doesn't pay for that if the carpet is past 7 years. Hard to prove the tenant clogged the toilet.

This year alone in one unit. Leaky faucet, $250 for plumber to replace. Dryer belt broke, $200 to replace. Kitchen sink p-trap leaking, $150 for plumber to fix. This tenant cannot fix anything herself. Ugh. But I'm cashflowing $1100/mo so I don't really care that much.

My point is that you will have expenses, but sounds like you've got it all covered.

What did that $100 go to? $100 from nothing to on the market? How many units on the market for that price? I believe you are leaving out a lot of hidden costs. I am trying to think of the logistics of product development at this cost. Assuming this is started on Amazon. Not limiting belief by the way, since I have built products myself. This has to be some sort of small accessory thing. Margins must be small at that startup cap. Or was it a single prototype that you sold?

This was my own ecommerce store. Was self hosted, used open source OS commerce software. $10 went to the domain. $10 went to hosting. $80 went to SSL certificate. The store was 100% dropship when I started. Traffic came from SEO, blogs, comments, forums, etc... Built it up into a business that sold for 7 figures.

D

DeletedUser0287

This was my own ecommerce store. Was self hosted, used open source OS commerce software. $10 went to the domain. $10 went to hosting. $80 went to SSL certificate. The store was 100% dropship when I started. Traffic came from SEO, blogs, comments, forums, etc... Built it up into a business that sold for 7 figures.

Ok, I will believe you. What year was this? US dropship?

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy

This is SO true. I inherited 1/4th of a house that belonged to a lady who lived next door, she was somewhat related to my family (but not really to me), the house's supposed value is HUGE (it's a very big house...about 350mq + garden), but since the market isn't interested in it, the 2 other owners and I have had to drop the price significantly, and it still took us 10 years (and multiple price drops) to sell it.

The value of the house is still the original one (a bit lower with the maintenance that is needed I suppose), but there's no way in hell we'd be able to sell it for its """real""" value. So we'll have to sell at a much lower price. I'm not really fussed about it, this whole ordeal let me realize a thing of two about the market and I'm getting paid for it too (eventually), but the other 2 owners are super frustrated at the whole situation. Understandable, but what can you do, the market is king.

The market is dictating how much value the house holds, not me, not a so called expert in real estate, and definitely not the banks.

D

DeletedUser0287

The market determines the value of everything. Not just real estate. Same goes for products. If you think your product is worth $100, but nobody buying. Then you are forced to drop as well.

D

DeletedUser0287

This year alone in one unit. Leaky faucet, $250 for plumber to replace. Dryer belt broke, $200 to replace. Kitchen sink p-trap leaking, $150 for plumber to fix. This tenant cannot fix anything herself. Ugh. But I'm cashflowing $1100/mo so I don't really care that much.

My point is that you will have expenses, but sounds like you've got it all covered

Take pictures of pre move in condition and videos of functionality like flushing toilets. If something breaks, you have proof that everything was in working order. If it’s broken after they move in. It’s their fault. Not sure if against your location law, but you can also put this stuff in lease. Bill the tenant

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@MoreValue ... are you trolling?

If not, then I suggest you read “The Obstacle is the Way” by Ryan Holiday.

I’ve a similar thread here:

And this might help you too:

If you’re here to learn and get better then why are you arguing with people who’ve already done what you’re thinking of doing?

I have rental properties and have done so for over 15 years. You don’t hear me giving advice about REI on the forum, especially to other landlords. Why? Because I don’t think I’m qualified... ***even though I have rental properties***.

@biophase ... I don’t know why you’re doing it, but thank you for your comments.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
The market determines the value of everything. Not just real estate. Same goes for products. If you think your product is worth $100, but nobody buying. Then you are forced to drop as well.

You're missing the point entirely, but all energy trying to explain it for you is a total waste of time. You obviously know everything already.

Take pictures of pre move in condition and videos of functionality like flushing toilets. If something breaks, you have proof that everything was in working order. If it’s broken after they move in. It’s their fault. Not sure if against your location law, but you can also put this stuff in lease. Bill the tenant

:rofl:

Perhaps you can share some ecom tips for Bio while you're busy.

D

DeletedUser0287

@MoreValue ... are you trolling?

If not, then I suggest you read “The Obstacle is the Way” by Ryan Holiday.

I’ve a similar thread here:

And this might help you too:

If you’re here to learn and get better then why are you arguing with people who’ve already done what you’re thinking of doing?

I have rental properties and have done so for over 15 years. You don’t hear me giving advice about REI on the forum, especially to other landlords. Why? Because I don’t think I’m qualified... ***even though I have rental properties***.

Not Trolling. Not sure, why a discussion here is always considered arguing? Can a person without a Legendary Contributor say anything here? Or do I just have to nod my head and say "Yes, sir" to everything for me to be respectful? So bio is bringing up legitimate problem about the tenant breaking stuff. It seems to me there is a simple solution, which I posted above. So you guys can just tell me if that solution makes sense or not. And then we discuss back and forth. I will say again, that I'm not arguing.

You're missing the point entirely, but all energy trying to explain it for you is a total waste of time. You obviously know everything already.

:rofl:

Perhaps you can share some ecom tips for Bio while you're busy.

Not sure Longinus, why you don't look at arguments as is without an unbiased view. Instead, by default anyone with a reputation here is "automatically right" and anyone else has no say in anything. I mean just look at my suggestion above without attention to reputation just to the post as is. Would you listen if someone said word for word and had a legendary badge? Apparently, everyone is taking it as an insult that I am telling/asking someone with higher rep than me something. I get it, I am not allowed to have my own opinion or question anything. Just nod my head blindly.

I don't think I am disrespecting bio at all. I have actually learned form him in this thread. Most of all, I was unaware of OScommerce.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.