The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Should I open up a company to my personal brand?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

DougRMR

New Contributor
Apr 19, 2019
So real quick.

I've read many times that one of the big reasons one opens up a company is that in case you get sued, the company gets sued instead of your person.

If I'm planning on building a personal brand (it focuses on instagram management for businesses), should I treat it as a company? The answer seems obvious to me that yes, I should open a company to its name. But maybe in terms of personal branding it works differently, so I thought I could ask you guys who have had more experience on that.

Thanks!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Valhalla

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 6, 2019
I think you need to review some business basics before anything, it'll take you 5 minutes reading to be able to distinguish between a sole proprietorship, a partnership, corporation, LLC, whatever the terms are in your locale. But, to answer your question, what you're referring to is establishing a company in a corporate form rather than an SP so that the debts and obligations fall onto the company rather than you as an individual (in a very basic sense). So, as @rogainer said, yes, absolutely, get an LLC but read some basics rather than going on what people say. All the best

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
My friend was just looking for this information. Thanks
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
If you read the last message then you know I'm removing my courses from Udemy next month. You...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
This program helped me to triple my revenue over 7 months while also moving to a new city in the...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
PS. what do you think about the idea of setting up live Busking experiences on Air BNB? I could...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom