Prior to reading TMF and Great Rat Race Escape , I started a YouTube channel as a sort of "business" which I enjoyed since many people I look up to advised me to. I have already spent a lot of time on this "business" like video editing, a Skillshare course, photoshop, and speaking to the camera.
After reading TMF and the Great Rat Race Escape, I was thinking of continuing YouTube by solely documenting my journey instead of completely focusing on YouTube as my business (since it violated the Commandment of Control).
However, I see myself spending a lot of time on the entire process of creating a video (5-7 hours per video). I enjoy making videos, and want to help/inspire other people that it is possible to "get rich quick" by documenting my journey, but I don't know if I should be trying to juggle my business, school, and a YouTube channel (I'm still in High School, not College).
I've been thinking of focusing on YouTube as a passion after I get freedom, but I want to document the journey for me to look back on and show that it's possible to others.
Should I Continue YouTube?
After reading TMF and the Great Rat Race Escape, I was thinking of continuing YouTube by solely documenting my journey instead of completely focusing on YouTube as my business (since it violated the Commandment of Control).
However, I see myself spending a lot of time on the entire process of creating a video (5-7 hours per video). I enjoy making videos, and want to help/inspire other people that it is possible to "get rich quick" by documenting my journey, but I don't know if I should be trying to juggle my business, school, and a YouTube channel (I'm still in High School, not College).
I've been thinking of focusing on YouTube as a passion after I get freedom, but I want to document the journey for me to look back on and show that it's possible to others.
Should I Continue YouTube?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
