The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Shiny Object Syndrome Is Real

Threads with an onging chat or conversation

AmppaDamppa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Apr 7, 2022
I joined this forum a couple of days ago and have been grinding my niche site website(s) for a little over a year now. I'm committed to it and just it, for now, to get it running as fast as I can, but joining this forum has opened my eyes to endless possibilities.

I'm reading these threads here and see people doing stuff I haven't imagined, real businesses instead of low entry-level business models (discussed in the TMF ), and a close look at unimaginable success stories. I'm now considering that my niche website isn't the fasting, at least as how i'm monetizing it now which is display ads and low ticket affiliate programs, mainly amazon associates.

Should I dive deeper into other business models and ventures, or stick with my current business. Doing $650/month now passively and growth is beginning to be exponential.

What are your thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AmppaDamppa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Apr 7, 2022
Well yes, but on a small scale still, and it would continue growing into the background when learning new things unrelated to the current website.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Doing $650/month now passively and growth is beginning to be exponential.
Well done!

I’d say keep going. As you get more and more visitors you can dig deeper into your current vertical and business.

AmppaDamppa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Apr 7, 2022
Well done!

I’d say keep going. As you get more and more visitors you can dig deeper into your current vertical and business.
Thanks Andy, it's been an exciting, doubtful, happy, and knowledge-rich year! Can't wait to have my own full-time business!

Yeah, that's probably better to build one asset properly at a time!

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
Welcome and I sympathize as someone who also suffers from SBS also.

$650 a month passively is a great start. Can you build it in a way to be less reliant on affiliate links and moreso on some type of income you can control, say an ebook or course?

AmppaDamppa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Apr 7, 2022
Welcome and I sympathize as someone who also suffers from SBS also.

$650 a month passively is a great start. Can you build it in a way to be less reliant on affiliate links and moreso on some type of income you can control, say an ebook or course?
Thanks! Yeah it can sometimes be distracting xD

Yes it's a start, and I have thought about it a lot, but I need to research the market more on what my audience would want. It's a multi-sports website, so I would need to make something in common and exciting enough for everyone. As of now, no great ideas in mind.

It would be very nice to have own income without relying on links and ads too much! Thanks for answering mate :)

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
It sounds like you really given this some thought.

And it sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders.

I'm going to advise you to trust your gut, and go with your own answer. You know your situation better than any of us...

FWIW - My team recently started a content site, and plan a monetizing it exactly like you have. I can't wait to get to the point where I have a passive $650 a month.

AmppaDamppa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Apr 7, 2022
Have you done a CENTS analysis and have you asked yourself where you want to take this?
I haven't actually and that's a great idea, thanks! So much great info in the book so it's difficult to remember all the great tips, heh.

AmppaDamppa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Apr 7, 2022
It sounds like you really given this some thought.

And it sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders.

I'm going to advise you to trust your gut, and go with your own answer. You know your situation better than any of us...

FWIW - My team recently started a content site, and plan a monetizing it exactly like you have. I can't wait to get to the point where I have a passive $650 a month.
Yes, I have, especially after joining this forum because I now see that the possibilities and opportunities are endless. Just wondering if this business model ''Fastlane enough''.

All right, gonna do the CENTS as advised, but as Sebastian pointed out above, I need to consider a better, more owned monetization method such as a course or Ebook.

If you have a whole team, it's gonna be crazy for you when the site starts taking off, haha! Good luck and yeah, it's really great. The initial ghost town of +6 months sucked bad tho.

Thanks for answering BizyDad!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.