The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Conquered “Shiny Object Syndrome”

Swjedinight

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 23, 2019
I have been doing Internet marketing for over a decade.

In the past 10 years I have did just about everything you can think of.

I sat down and actually made a list of all the different things I have tried over the years and it numbered in the lower 30’s.

Sometimes I just can’t help myself. I love to tinker and try new things. But this is literally the worst thing you can do in Marketing.

This year I have made some serious changes and have laser focused in on my brand. I have grown my YouTube channel (Wealth Attitude) to almost 800 subscribers in about 3 months.

I am moving on to the next process of setting up a blog as well as an email list. I’ve even been working on a course I plan to sell as well as get affiliates to sell as well.

It took a lot of self introspection to really conquer shiny object syndrome. I have had tons of success with Internet marketing but never any long lasting success.

Making a lot of money and making dependable money is two vastly different things. I’m looking to build my brand up into a long lasting and possibly retirement level success.

If you have problems with shiny object syndrome I’d love to hear what you did to battle it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TyroneX

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Jul 24, 2019
Seattle
Upon starting in my industry (real estate) I switched niches sooo many times I looked like a chicken with my head cut off.

This month it's REOs, the next month lease options, 3 weeks later wholesaling...you get my drift

For me it was just one day waking up and realizing that I was making absolutely NO progress due to my lack of commitment to ONE AREA of real estate. I was selling myself short. Had to be real with myself, also used the 'ol pain/pleasure principle.

That shiny new biz opp release endorphins thus making us feel good even though we have not done a lick of work. Rinse and repeat

Swjedinight

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 23, 2019
At least you stayed in the same niche lol.

So how does your story end? Are you doing great now?

I have had sooo much better results when I just focus on one thing and do it well.

Thanks for the feedback and would love to hear more!

TyroneX

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Jul 24, 2019
Seattle
At least you stayed in the same niche lol.

So how does your story end? Are you doing great now?

I have had sooo much better results when I just focus on one thing and do it well.

Thanks for the feedback and would love to hear more!

My story is far from over, I can tell you that I am deep into my winter season...it sucks but this is where I discover who I really am as a human being.

Too many people in business train in calm seas which brings delusion..

I have been here for some time now but have faith my spring season will be approaching in due time..

Am I doing great now biz wise?Heck no, at least not yet. I'm very conscious about being complacent. Like MJ says, "move that needle a little bit everyday" ( I'm paraphrasing)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

KeepGoin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Mar 17, 2016
Don’t waste time trying to talk to OP. He posted the exact same spiel word for word Here

What he wants people to do is search for his YouTube channel because this can game the algorithm to think he’s in demand.

Maybe he’ll follow up with users in the future. Either way, scam alert.

Swjedinight

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 23, 2019

My story is far from over, I can tell you that I am deep into my winter season...it sucks but this is where I discover who I really am as a human being.

Too many people in business train in calm seas which brings delusion..

I have been here for some time now but have faith my spring season will be approaching in due time..

Am I doing great now biz wise?Heck no, at least not yet. I'm very conscious about being complacent. Like MJ says, "move that needle a little bit everyday" ( I'm paraphrasing)

Inspiring story! It’s difficult to move the needle forward especially with all the haters around
Don’t waste time trying to talk to OP. He posted the exact same spiel word for word Here

What he wants people to do is search for his YouTube channel because this can game the algorithm to think he’s in demand.

Maybe he’ll follow up with users in the future. Either way, scam alert.
At this point, don’t you think you’re jumping at shadows and demons?
You found that I posted the same thing in two places and now you’re an Internet cop throwing down caution tape?

Could it be that I was excited to talk about the topic to the communities that I’m apart of?

Let’s say you’re right, and I was trying to “game” the algorithm, what was the harm I. Posting two posts with no aff links in them? Lol

You must live a sad life that you are literally looking for “scams” when someone is literally doing what they are suppose to.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.