The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SEO + SaaS = Trust the process?

Should I continue growing the site?

• Total voters

Zyzzz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 12, 2022
Nigeria
What's the best way of doing this?
Creating a linkable asset and then promoting it through outreach.
Not yet. It started essentially as an experiment to see if you can rank and get traffic without any links. However, I feel now it's time to build some links too. What's the best way to build my first links? I thought about having some linkable content like infographics and then running some paid ads for it. Does it work like that?

Just checked my site in semrush (it's possible to check 10 sites for free per day) and it looks already super-exponential. Real traffic is almost 3k per day so the 856 estimate is a bit off though.

View attachment 44126
Running paid ads? Doesn't work like that. You might consider reaching out to other sites in your niche telling them your infographic is a perfect fit for their 'X' article...blah blah blah...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
Creating a linkable asset and then promoting it through outreach.

Running paid ads? Doesn't work like that. You might consider reaching out to other sites in your niche telling them your infographic is a perfect fit for their 'X' article...blah blah blah...
linkable asset makes sense.
I hate outreach. Is there any good service for that? Or better hire an outreach person?

Zyzzz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 12, 2022
Nigeria
linkable asset makes sense.
I hate outreach. Is there any good service for that? Or better hire an outreach person?
Most link-building services are sh*t, they just send you some links that'll probably get you penalized in an algorithm update. Understand it before hiring someone to do it, you can find them on Upwork.

_donut_

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Nov 29, 2021
Maybe I missed it, but what is your website address?

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
The site reached an All-time high in clicks and also the average position is the best it ever was: 13.8
I'm getting ready to continue work on the site next week.

Screen Shot 2022-07-09 at 20.58.44.png

Zyzzz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 12, 2022
Nigeria

_donut_

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Nov 29, 2021
Hi, what is the website address?

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
Yesterday, the site reached a new all-time high in impressions and clicks. The growth slowed a bit down, but the average position sits now around 15. I couldn't work on the site this week, because I'm working on something that might make money earlier than the site so I have to prioritize it. However, once I'm done I will push again and goal is to improve content quality even further to make sure we reach average position of better than 10.

The time while not working on the page wasn't lost, because I learned quite some interesting things about the google algorithm. For example, some keywords just dropped out of the top100 because they were not relevant. So overall keyword count went down, but traffic went up. I assume it's because for some keywords google isn't quite sure so it does a lot of testing and either position goes up or it goes down and drops out of top100. But it isn't a bad thing because for some keywords you don't want to rank (when they are irrelevant to the content it will just bring down your metrics).

Screen Shot 2022-07-15 at 14.23.51.png

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
Yesterday, the site reached a new all-time high in impressions and clicks. The growth slowed a bit down, but the average position sits now around 15. I couldn't work on the site this week, because I'm working on something that might make money earlier than the site so I have to prioritize it. However, once I'm done I will push again and goal is to improve content quality even further to make sure we reach average position of better than 10.

The time while not working on the page wasn't lost, because I learned quite some interesting things about the google algorithm. For example, some keywords just dropped out of the top100 because they were not relevant. So overall keyword count went down, but traffic went up. I assume it's because for some keywords google isn't quite sure so it does a lot of testing and either position goes up or it goes down and drops out of top100. But it isn't a bad thing because for some keywords you don't want to rank (when they are irrelevant to the content it will just bring down your metrics).

View attachment 44408
What software do you use to measure those things?

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
What software do you use to measure those things?
I'm basically using 3 tools.

1. Google Search Console, Free
Provides data about queries (keywords), impressions, clicks, average position and CTR.
Most reliable data because it comes directly from Google.

Bing has something similar called Bing Webmaster Tools, but since Bing is owned by Microsoft it doesn't work so well.

2. ahrefs, paid tool but free option if you connect to Google Search Console
Gives information about the keywords you rank for, indexed pages, and traffic amount.
The paid version also gives information about competitors.

Screen Shot 2022-07-15 at 14.49.33.png

3. semrush, paid tool but you can look up 10 websites per day for free.
It gives information about traffic, keywords and serp features.

As we can see top10 keywords went up.

Screen Shot 2022-07-15 at 14.52.00.png

while lower ranking keywords went down.

Screen Shot 2022-07-15 at 14.52.33.png

Also very interesting to see serp features: the site is dominating the FAQ features, but other rankings are still weak.

Screen Shot 2022-07-15 at 14.53.07.png

Zyzzz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 12, 2022
Nigeria
So you can get quite some good information for free at the beginning. Later of course it makes sense to invest in more detailed information and buy the subscriptions.
Ahrefs is now overpriced though

_donut_

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Nov 29, 2021
Nvm, Im guessing its against forum policy to share such web address.

Last edited:

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
It has been a while since my last update. The site is still growing and growing. Not only on Google but also on Bing. I've made it to 200 users/day during weekdays. The goal is to make it to 1,000/day and then start building the product.

Milestones achieved:
  • more than 10,000 impressions/day
  • more than 200 visits/day (all channels in GA)
  • Average position improved to 12.9 coming closer and closer to the top 10

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 14.28.07.png

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
I have done some competitor research. And the company that comes closest has only 50x my traffic and a 250 million dollar valuation. According to similar web they get half of their traffic from search and the other half is direct visits. All other channels are minuscule.

Is it too naive to assume that I have here a multi-million dollar opportunity if I can outcompete them in SEO and then build a better product? Like my site is growing faster than theirs and I can improve the product they are selling.

Zyzzz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 12, 2022
Nigeria

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022
"So I guess my question is how to handle the emotional side of being an entrepreneur?"

Well, I think that by answering this I will solve half of the problems of young entrepreneurs like myself.

You see,

maybe You're putting too much pressure on Yourself.

Trying to build a business alone without talking to anyone about it, while your parents aren't supporting your choises can make You feel overwhelmed and burnet out.

It happened to me when I was Younger.

The thing is,

You just can't learn to build a business ALONE.

One of the best choises of my life was to pay a Mentor to show me how to build an e-commerce, saving a lot of time and effort to figure out the process by myself.

Rome wasn't built in a day, You have to be disciplined and be willing to put in the effort.

While You're building Your business, start implementing good habits in Your lifestyle:

Avoid sugary food.

Start intermittent fasting.

Wake up everyday at the same time and go to bed at the same time.

Take a cold shower every morning

Work out right after You get out of bed.

Not only these are constructive habits that will improve the quality of Your life, but they are also going to teach
You to stick to the schedule, regardless of Your mood.

One of the best thing that tought me disciplined was training every day.

I see training as one of the most authentic metaphors of life.

When You've reached the point where thinking about skipping your workout makes You feel giulty about Yourself, You had become relentlessly disciplined, and You will crush one goal after the other.

If You'd like to talk to me , don't esitate to text me on whatsapp at: + 39 3296152039.

Having an accountability parter will keep You motivated under times of stress.

Togheter we'll share our goals and keep us motivated troughout our journey to financial success.

Hope that helps,

Davide

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
You mean Google adsense?
Yes, Google Adsense. Made a few cents with CPM but no clicks yet. To be fair the ads are also not really targeted to the audience so I see why no one is clicking them. Seems like I need to monetize it in a different way.

Zyzzz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 12, 2022
Nigeria
Yes, Google Adsense. Made a few cents with CPM but no clicks yet. To be fair the ads are also not really targeted to the audience so I see why no one is clicking them. Seems like I need to monetize it in a different way.
Are you using auto ads? Make sure you turn on the vignette, anchor, banner, and multiplex ads. Also, set the ad density to a bit above average.

Trust me the ads are targeted to your audience, maybe your visitors are using ad blockers or the ads are not well placed.

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
Are you using auto ads? Make sure you turn on the vignette, anchor, banner, and multiplex ads. Also, set the ad density to a bit above average.

Trust me the ads are targeted to your audience, maybe your visitors are using ad blockers or the ads are not well placed.
I'm testing the vignette ads right now.

Overall Google Adsense have been a complete disaster so far. I believe the problem is that Google is showing completely unrelated ads. 80% of the ads are personalized when I think contextual ads would work much better.
The Google Ads crawler isn't really active and hasn't visited most of the sites. Is this normal? Does it take more time?

I'm looking for alternatives and applying to Ezoic at the moment. @AmppaDamppa how are your experiences with Ezoic?

AmppaDamppa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Apr 7, 2022

Overall Google Adsense have been a complete disaster so far. I believe the problem is that Google is showing completely unrelated ads. 80% of the ads are personalized when I think contextual ads would work much better.
The Google Ads crawler isn't really active and hasn't visited most of the sites. Is this normal? Does it take more time?

I'm looking for alternatives and applying to Ezoic at the moment. @AmppaDamppa how are your experiences with Ezoic?
I don't have experience with Adsense, so I can't help you with that, sorry.

Ezoic has been good I'm getting $13-$15 per 1000 pageviews. I could optimize it better but haven't done it as I'm waiting for Mediavine, which is a gamechanger in terms of ads. I think you'll need 10k visitors/month for Ezoic, at least in general.

Zyzzz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 12, 2022
Nigeria

Overall Google Adsense have been a complete disaster so far. I believe the problem is that Google is showing completely unrelated ads. 80% of the ads are personalized and I think contextual ads would work much better.
The Google Ads crawler isn't active and hasn't visited most of the sites. Is this normal? Does it take more time?

Maybe you are not patient enough or you are focusing on monetization rather than getting more organic traffic. I thought the goal was to build a SaaS and get as much traffic as possible via SEO, what changed?

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
Maybe you are not patient enough or you are focusing on monetization rather than getting more organic traffic. I thought the goal was to build a SaaS and get as much traffic as possible via SEO, what changed?
You're right. I need to refocus on traffic generation.

The site reached new All-time highs this week.
+ 2,610 clicks since last update
+ 174,000 impressions since last update
+ 1,9 average positions improvement

Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 17.56.50.png

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
I don't have experience with Adsense, so I can't help you with that, sorry.

Ezoic has been good I'm getting $13-$15 per 1000 pageviews. I could optimize it better but haven't done it as I'm waiting for Mediavine, which is a gamechanger in terms of ads. I think you'll need 10k visitors/month for Ezoic, at least in general.
Are you sure ezoic is a legit network? It looks like a complete scam to me. They pretty much take over DNS and can do anything they want with your site. + setup doesn't work.

AmppaDamppa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Apr 7, 2022
Are you sure ezoic is a legit network? It looks like a complete scam to me. They pretty much take over DNS and can do anything they want with your site. + setup doesn't work.
I'm 100% sure, and what do you mean the setup doesen't work? First you need to be accepted and the setup is difficult. However, you can use a WordPress plugin for the ad placeholders making it easy.

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
The site reached a plateau and isn't growing currently. But two good news:

1. ezoic is finally setup and pays literally 50-100x more than google ads. It's insane.
2. got hired by a tech company for a SEO position. I will have less time to build the site but more opportunities to learn and network with professional SEOs.

AmppaDamppa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Apr 7, 2022
The site reached a plateau and isn't growing currently. But two good news:

1. ezoic is finally setup and pays literally 50-100x more than google ads. It's insane.
2. got hired by a tech company for a SEO position. I will have less time to build the site but more opportunities to learn and network with professional SEOs.
Excellent!!! Good job mate.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.