The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SEO + SaaS = Trust the process?

Should I continue growing the site?

• Total voters

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
Excellent!!! Good job mate.
Thanks, the site had a new record in visitors according to google analytics. So even if the progress is slow at the moment, we're still progressing. I'm even thinking about hiring writers and paying them from my salary.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
I just looked up the google analytics data and actually the site grew 57% in August. So not too bad.
Aiming at 10k monthly users now. Do you think I could speed up progress by posting more or does it just take time?

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 12.11.14.png

AmppaDamppa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Apr 7, 2022
I just looked up the google analytics data and actually the site grew 57% in August. So not too bad.
Aiming at 10k monthly users now. Do you think I could speed up progress by posting more or does it just take time?

View attachment 45008
The more quality content you publish, the faster you'll grow.

SSTrey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
May 24, 2021
This has become an interesting thread! Nice job @seomatic keep it up.
I have been following this thread with a lot of enthusiasm, especially since I have just started marketing my site. Still learning how to do SEO, and started some paid ads on Google and FB.

Mister

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 22, 2021
Germany
Do you think I could speed up progress by posting more or does it just take time?
More new quality content = more new keywords you rank for = more new people find your content = growth

When you have some revenue, you could hire a writer to help you out.
I was told 8 cents per word is a good starting point. Rater pay a bit more than to have a bad text that you can't use.

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
The more quality content you publish, the faster you'll grow.
I don't know if it's that simple. I am seeing tons of quality websites, that don't rank at all in google.

Also with my site, some content is just disregarded by google.

AmppaDamppa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Apr 7, 2022
I don't know if it's that simple. I am seeing tons of quality websites, that don't rank at all in google.

Also with my site, some content is just disregarded by google.
True! Competition plays an equal role in quality content, at least in new and less established websites. If you try to rank for something like best website hosting, even with 10x better content than on the first page (which would be difficult), it won't get there.

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
True! Competition plays an equal role in quality content, at least in new and less established websites. If you try to rank for something like best website hosting, even with 10x better content than on the first page (which would be difficult), it won't get there.
No, I don't mean competition. Sometimes google doesn't care about the content at all. It doesn't rank even on page 5 or so. Then some content that I don't expect to do well is doing even better. It's weird sometimes.

AmppaDamppa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Apr 7, 2022
No, I don't mean competition. Sometimes google doesn't care about the content at all. It doesn't rank even on page 5 or so. Then some content that I don't expect to do well is doing even better. It's weird sometimes.
Yeah it isn't 100% with Google that's for sure...

SSTrey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
May 24, 2021
Not yet. It started essentially as an experiment to see if you can rank and get traffic without any links. However, I feel now it's time to build some links too. What's the best way to build my first links? I thought about having some linkable content like infographics and then running some paid ads for it. Does it work like that?

Just checked my site in semrush (it's possible to check 10 sites for free per day) and it looks already super exponential. Real traffic is almost 3k per day so the 856 estimate is a bit off though.

View attachment 44126
Why are ypu using Semrush if you already tracking with Google ?

SSTrey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
May 24, 2021
@seomatic There is something I'm curious about. I notice you are tracking your site analytics very very closely using SEO and from the last few comments you posted seems you are realising that Google does not necessarily rank sites with good content either, and it seems you unsure why it does this.
MJ does talk about not relying on the Google algorithm to influence your fastlane business, rather on focussing more on a productocraccy.
What's your thoughts & comments on this?

PS - Reason I'm curious is beccause I am currently marketing my SaaS business and wondering whether I should focus more on SEO and/or paid ADS or just getting the word out there of my SaaS.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
PS - Reason I'm curious is beccause I am currently marketing my SaaS business and wondering whether I should focus more on SEO and/or paid ADS or just getting the word out there of my SaaS.
Just my 2 cents:

If the aim is rapid growth, the more market awareness the better. There is nothing wrong to using ads or other third party means to further increase your traffic. The problem starts when all the sales come from such external tools - in this case if something changes, you're out of business and you can't do anything about it.

With that being said, productocracy should be the final end goal of marketing.

Zyzzz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 12, 2022
Nigeria
Any updates?
Why not both?

SSTrey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
May 24, 2021
Any updates?

Why not both?
Yes. So I have started paid ADS on both FB and Google. I have started with a really low budget, just to help me play around & understand how it works. (I have also been focusing on Google Analytics to track the progress of the ads directly)

Google Ads insights shown below - I ran ads from 1 Aug to 3rd week Sept only. (Had some challenges with my SaaS platform, so we are upgrading it and sorting some issues out, should be Live again in 2 weeks)

FB & Instagram ads trends had some cool results over the same timeframe - below as well.
1665759141180.png1665759151951.png1665759174751.png1665759503971.png1665759519417.png1665759529530.png1665759553699.png

SSTrey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
May 24, 2021
Yes. So I have started paid ADS on both FB and Google. I have started with a really low budget, just to help me play around & understand how it works. (I have also been focusing on Google Analytics to track the progress of the ads directly)

Google Ads insights shown below - I ran ads from 1 Aug to 3rd week Sept only. (Had some challenges with my SaaS platform, so we are upgrading it and sorting some issues out, should be Live again in 2 weeks)

FB & Instagram ads trends had some cool results over the same timeframe - below as well.
View attachment 45514View attachment 45516View attachment 45517View attachment 45518View attachment 45519View attachment 45520View attachment 45521
For my Google Anaytics data, I created some basic reports and saved to my dashboard. I was able to view some pretty interesting information I didn't previously know.

* Most of my visitors are coming from Facebook (41%)
1665760338204.png

* Something that amazed me was that I am getting more than double the number of DESKTOP users than I am MOBILE. My marketing and product development to date was always focused (via assumption) on mobile users. But turns out that is not so.
So my updated platform has taken this into consideration a lot and we making changes to also suit desktop users heavily.
1665760323803.png
* And outside of South Africa, USA and Canada are visiting my site most. This helps me market more effectively.
1665760360344.png

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!