The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Seo,Marketing,Hosting needed (No lazy people please)

Marketing, social media, advertising

hayden0001

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jul 23, 2016
Hi

Can anyone help i'm looking for a hosting company does anyone know where i can host a website for cheap as it's a new venture and i want to keep my costs down.

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
I've used Bluehost in the past, for shared hosting. No complaints. Now I use Linode for a dedicated VM.

hayden0001

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jul 23, 2016
I've used Bluehost in the past, for shared hosting. No complaints. Now I use Linode for a dedicated VM.

Thanks for the information, i just wanted to know something about shared hosting and where the files are stored for a website are these the same thing when people talk about the hosting of a website?

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
"(No lazy people please)"

- Asks questions that are easily searchable on google.

My exact thoughts.

For OP, I've used all types in the past - it depends on your budget.

Cheap - Hostgator
Reliable - Siteground
Popular - GoDaddy

As mentioned above, BlueHost is pretty decent too. Mid-priced I believe.

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia

TheNewRich

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
May 17, 2017
usa
"(No lazy people please)"

- Asks questions that are easily searchable on google.
I feel like googling "Best Hosting service" brings up numerous Affiliate marketer's websites. There's a site for each hosting company claiming its unbiased review. Yet for each, after I feel like I've found something reliable like HostGator I then see a plethora of customer complaints in the comment sections.
I think some people ask questions here on MFL just for an unbiased opinion. :happy:

TheNewRich

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
May 17, 2017
usa
Hi

Can anyone help i'm looking for a hosting company does anyone know where i can host a website for cheap as it's a new venture and i want to keep my costs down.

Thanks
Are you trying to rank your website with SEO? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that google now weighs heavily on the speed of the website for SEO rankings?

Inuc

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jul 14, 2014
Nigeria
Yes, can help you with a good link to get good hosting at almost cheap and very good customer service 24/7.
Hi

Thanks

hayden0001

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jul 23, 2016
Are you trying to rank your website with SEO? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that google now weighs heavily on the speed of the website for SEO rankings?

Yes, will go daddy suffice with hosting as i know its fast?

TheNewRich

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
May 17, 2017
usa
Yes, will go daddy suffice with hosting as i know its fast?
Hayden,

I don't think I would go with Go Daddy, Host Gator, Blue Host etc. I've read a lot of bad forum posts about them on webhostingtalk.com forums.They were good in the past but they've been acquired by parent company EIG. Don't trust reviews sites on google about best web hosting, 99% of those sites are affiliate marketing sites.

Are you using Wordpress.org to build your website? If so
I'm building websites with WordPress and just recently went with siteground for my web hosting. A2 Hosting, Skynet I also heard was pretty good.

TheNewRich

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
May 17, 2017
usa
Hayden,

I don't think I would go with Go Daddy, Host Gator, Blue Host etc. I've read a lot of bad forum posts about them on webhostingtalk.com forums.They were good in the past but they've been acquired by parent company EIG. Don't trust reviews sites on google about best web hosting, 99% of those sites are affiliate marketing sites.

I'm building websites with WordPress and just recently went with siteground for my web hosting. A2 Hosting, Skynet I also heard was pretty good.

Just don't do what I did and waste an entire day trying to decide in the end you can always build your site get it running and change hosts if you need too.

Invictus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
Namecheap and Bluehost.

If you encounter problems down the road, switch. Trying to decide the 'perfect' hosting is just a form of procrastination if you're launching a small website or testing the waters.

hayden0001

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jul 23, 2016
Hayden,

yes it's on open cart thanks for the information

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.