The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sending 1,000 Emails/Day?

Marketing, social media, advertising

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
I've mined a 40,000 person list of people within my target demographic via a database that finds emails from LinkedIn data.

I want to put them into a cold email campaign sequence that I created (Each prospect receives 6 emails over 21 days UNLESS they respond which is when the sequence pauses).

I am using Apollo (Email Software) + SendGrid (Mass Email Software That Allows You To Mass Email) + MailWarms (Email Warmup Software).

Currently, MailWarms has started from 2 emails a day and is warming up to 40 emails/day by next week.

Once I get to 40 emails/day, my goal is to launch my email campaign towards my 40,000 person list.

I will be increasing the # of emails by day by 20% (Eg. 40 emails/day to 48 emails/day, to 58 emails/day, and so fourth).

I will do these increases till I get to 1,000 emails/day.

My question to anyone with email marketing experience (of this magnitude and in general), do you think its a good plan to hit my goal of 1,000 emails/day with high deliverability rates?

PS: The software I'm using (SendGrid)'s case for having high deliverability rates for mass emailing is here if anyone is wondering about the emails landing in the spam box.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

pumpking

powered by coffee
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Sep 14, 2019
Boston, Massachusetts
Watching. I know if you're sending from a google email address you have to ramp up quite slowly to avoid being marked as a spammer. Not sure about other systems...

Nick T

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Aug 26, 2020
What are you selling?

I imagine its consulting/marketing...

I have mass emailed both for consulting and for ecommerce... being the list is from linkedin I am going to go with consulting/marketing.

"My question to anyone with email marketing experience (of this magnitude and in general), do you think its a good plan to hit my goal of 1,000 emails/day with high deliverability rates? "

Delivering is step 0... What you should be looking at is open rate, click through rate, and conversion rate.

Outside of the spam aspect of them not opting in to be marketed too...

If you have a proven conversion system to cold traffic and have something with value, then I am not sure why it would be a "bad" plan.

Prove out that it converts before you do any scaling it up, and look into CAN-SPAM.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Damn. There’s a podcast about doing this sort of stuff that was very interesting, and the guys were quite funny. The name escapes me. I even bought the short paperback book and whizzed through it. I’ll dig that out and from the name of the book you can find the podcast.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Here’s the book:
AAB53499-A1A4-4D60-BDE7-F551CA86DBCB.jpeg

therealmark

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Dec 27, 2017
Spokane WA
SendGrid sucks. Don't believe the hype. That's just marketing fluff you linked to.

SendGrid is really just a transactional email platform. They have a zero-tolerance for cold emails.

The reality is you will get marked as spam by some of your recipients and SendGrid will close your account with zero warning. Be prepared for this to happen because it will happen.

Keep all email templates, marketing copy, and lists out of SendGrid so you don't get burned.

You are much better off paying up for a service that is focused on Cold Emails. smartreach.io looks good but there are a dozen others to choose from too.

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
SendGrid sucks. Don't believe the hype. That's just marketing fluff you linked to.

SendGrid is really just a transactional email platform. They have a zero-tolerance for cold emails.

The reality is you will get marked as spam by some of your recipients and SendGrid will close your account with zero warning. Be prepared for this to happen because it will happen.

Keep all email templates, marketing copy, and lists out of SendGrid so you don't get burned.

You are much better off paying up for a service that is focused on Cold Emails. smartreach.io looks good but there are a dozen others to choose from too.

Thanks for the heads up.

I looked at Smartreach.. it looks like a typical email marketing software (eg. MailCheat(Chimp), lemlist, etc) and the same as what I'm using which is Apollo.

Are you basically saying to do this all without SendGrid? (I'm using SendGrid's servers basically due to the high volume of emails and using Apollo as the email marketing software)

Damn. There’s a podcast about doing this sort of stuff that was very interesting, and the guys were quite funny. The name escapes me. I even bought the short paperback book and whizzed through it. I’ll dig that out and from the name of the book you can find the podcast.

Thanks for this, will check it out.

Watching. I know if you're sending from a google email address you have to ramp up quite slowly to avoid being marked as a spammer. Not sure about other systems...

By google address, do you mean (Eg. name@gmail.com)? As I'm using my company email address which is connected to GoDaddy/GSuite..

What are you selling?

I imagine its consulting/marketing...

I have massed emailed both for consulting and for ecommerce... being the list is from linkedin I am going to go with consulting/marketing.

"My question to anyone with email marketing experience (of this magnitude and in general), do you think its a good plan to hit my goal of 1,000 emails/day with high deliverability rates? "

Delivering is step 0... What you should be looking at is open rate, click through rate, and conversion rate.

Outside of the spam aspect of them not opting in to be marketed too...

If you have a proven conversion system to cold traffic and have something with value, then I am not sure why it would be a "bad" plan.

Prove out that it converts before you do any scaling it up, and look into CAN-SPAM.

Gotcha and yes its consulting/marketing.

However, I want to sustainable get to 1,000/day. One of the posters above said I'd get marked as Spam with one of the softwares I'm using - hence my spam concern before worrying about open rate, conversion, etc

Your advice makes sense though, but I want to make sure I even get in the main inbox before being marked as spam.

pumpking