• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Join now and within minutes, you can start getting advice from real millionaire entrepreneurs who live the dream.

Notable! Selling on Amazon? The MEGA Step by Step Guide to Get THOUSANDS Reimbursed (in 3-5 days)

Discussion in 'Internet / Mobile Apps / Software' started by amp0193, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $113,806
    We don't use small and light because I think the average price point has to be sub $10?

2. amp0193

amp0193 Platinum Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $21,846
    Yes, it looks like you're right.

Here's the Small & Light policy detail page:
    Amazon Seller Central

million$$$smile likes this.
  3. million$$$smile

million$$$smile Gold Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,788
    Yes, that is correct. We use it for bundles of decals and stickers along with several other products. It is the only way to be profitable on some smaller items as 'package' shipping (for Amazon required tracking purposes) is $2.60 for 1 oz!

Needless to say, it is the only way I have found to circumvent the exorbitant cost of selling low priced items on the marketplace. It CAN be profitable if watched closely.

4. DBXI

DBXI Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $366
    Wow @amp0193 this is an insane amount of helpful information. I've only hit the reconcile shipments so far but I was able to get back around $1200 from your advice. I'm going to try and blast through the rest of these over the weekend.

Vigilante and amp0193 like this.
  5. amp0193

amp0193 Platinum Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $21,846
    yyyeaaahh! Let's keep it coming!

6. ddall

ddall continuous self-improvement Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,256
    Thanks Amp, I cannot tell you how much more sense that made with the video. You've contributed a lot to the forum and I appreciate the time and effort you went through to make the video. Cheers! Very helpful!

amp0193 and AllenCrawley like this.
  7. RyHi

RyHi Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $142
    This is a valuable thread. Thanks, for this. I would just add that using an automated service to submit cases to Amazon is technically against their TOS. I have never heard of anyone being suspended for it, but with all the recent suspensions it might be wise to avoid anything that plainly breaks the TOS. Stay safe everyone.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Vigilante likes this.
  8. amp0193

Rep Bank:
    $21,846
    I don't believe there are any services out there that do this, currently.

Back in the day Refundmanager DID offer this as a matter of convenience, and got some customers banned from Amazon. Whoops. It's my understanding that they stopped doing this a couple years ago.

These services just create a report of everything that you need to include in the cases that you personally have to open.

RyHi likes this.
  9. RyHi

RyHi Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $142
    Okay, that is good to hear. I started a different service about 8 months back and noticed they offered automatic case submission. It is unfortunate we cannot do that, as it would be so much easier.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

10. amp0193

Rep Bank:
    $21,846
    That's what Filipino VA's are for. :p

RyHi likes this.
  11. wade1mil

wade1mil Platinum Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,387
    My records show -167 units of one FNSKU when I do this step. That seems like an awful lot. Do they deduct any credit you receive if they find them in the future?

Edit: I'm receiving $134.80 in reimbursements from Step 2. Up to $2,813.95 from Step 3 if they did, in fact, lose 167 units somehow.

P.S. Thanks for the heads up and guide.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  12. amp0193

Rep Bank:
    $21,846
    They've been known to reverse reimbursements when finding the units later, yes, by billing it to your seller account balance. It's a super shitty practice, and it may be even against their written policy. I fought them, and won, once on a $4,000 reimbursement they tried to reverse, when they found all the units 2 weeks later. It took 3 months of me quoting Amazon policy at them, but they finally yielded.

I lay out the policy I quoted to them, and the entire Seller Support conversation in this post: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...es-a-day-5-countries.57132/page-2#post-440202

Also, sometimes, when you open a request for missing units, they magically find them in a day or two, and add those units to inventory, so you don't get a cash reimbursement at all.

Yeah man, that's what I like to hear!

It's not out of the ordinary for that many units to be missing. It happens! It'll take a while to get that case resolved though, because when reimbursements go over a certain dollar amount, they get escalated up the support chain.

wade1mil and Vigilante like this.
  13. Valor

Valor Silver Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,994
    Update: After manually checking everything myself as outlined, my estimate is over $5k that I can get back, almost $4k more than AMZ estimated. Over $4500 of this was from step 5.

Going to start sending Amazon all the messages now

14. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $95,615
    For this email do you put an amount that you expect them to find, or do you leave it all up to them to come up with the number that they owe you?

BTW I have a total of 455 units that I didn't get reimbursed for!

amp0193 and Vigilante like this.
  15. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $95,615

Here is how I track refunds.
    First, you get the email from Amazon that is titled, "FBA Reimbursement Notification". I star the email.
    I wait until I get paid, so every 2 weeks I do this.
    I just check report, transaction view, other, to make sure the payment is in there.
    Then I archive the email.
    Luckily I don't get that many of these.

amp0193 likes this.
  16. biophase

Rep Bank:
    $95,615
    So I spent time over the weekend doing this.

I only did the first ones, D, E and Q.

I got around $1900 back, but looking at the reimbursements they are so weird.

My product that sells for $99.99, they keep giving me back only $50. I have one that sells at $79.99 and they give me back $53. Then I have a product that sells at $19.99 and they give me back $50 too.

I think I made a mistake. I should have sent in the big ones on separate cases. For example, I had alot of SKUs missing just one unit, but some SKUs were missing 50+. If I had to do it again, I'd put all the -1 to -5's into bundles and I'd open separate cases for any big dollar amounts. This way I can track those separately and fight them if they refuse. I had about 100 SKUs so I opened up 20 cases and when they got resolved I had a hard time managing them. It would be nice to put a dollar amount on the case name so I could watch those more carefully.

For example, the case title should be: I need a reimbursement for inventory that was lost by the Amazon fulfillment center -400

With 400 being the expected amount I should receive in the case. This way if a regular case, like a 30 was denied I'd just let it go. But if a 100+ case was denied, I'd look into it more.

Because of this I think I'm just going to call it even rather than going through all these reimbursements. I submitted them on a Friday night around midnight and got my answers within an hour.

Tonight, I just sent in all my M, F ones.

17. Insaint

Insaint Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $938
    If you sent multiple SKU's in the same shipment and you see positive and negative discrepancies try to open a "Missing Items from Inbound" case for each separate SKU. Though I'm not 100% sure if that's possible and I can't check myself anymore. If it's not possible you have to keep an eye on your reimbursement.

This is their policy on the above:

"NOTE: If a seller or a seller’s distributor ships additional units, Amazon may count these additional units against any claim for expected units that weren’t received. In this situation, Amazon will not compensate for units accounted for."

It looks like the price of the unit doesn't matter at all because for me they counted an additional $2 unit against a missing $12 unit. Luckily it was only one unit, but it's something to keep in mind for larger differences.

18. MoneyDoc

MoneyDoc Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,250
    So glad I saw this thread... extremely helpful. Thanks OP!

I have a lot of E's and Q's... sent them the emails just now.

19. amp0193

Rep Bank:
    $21,846
    Hell yeah, that's a lot of units!

No... I don't put the totals, but I do write them down for myself.

When they come back and say what they are reimbursing me, I check it against what I thought it should be. 95% of what they say matches up with what I wrote down, sometimes they mess up (or I messed up) and it's a little different.

I don't think it would make a difference with how they run their own reports, if you told them in advance. I think it's better to just call them out, if they come back with something inaccurate.

20. amp0193

Rep Bank:
    $21,846
    Yeah, that sounds like a huge PIA, but might actually be a process that works for me. I'll start doing that.

I added it to the original post.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  21. MoneyDoc

MoneyDoc Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,250
    Got back around $2800 for my D's and E's. However, none of my Q's were reimbursed.

Still going through the other steps.

22. amp0193

Rep Bank:
    $21,846
    Wow, that's messed up. They should be refunding you the price minus Amazon fees. Although, I think that this can be some sort of historical average of prices that you've sold the product at. If you've never sold any units of that product (i.e. they lost the very first shipment), then they will reimburse you whatever the MSRP is, which is awesome.

@biophase Read this page on Replacement Value. Look at the bottom, I think they refunded you the default replacement value for Sports, which is $50.

This is good advice, especially when there is something worth fighting for. I added a note about this to the original posts.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  23. amp0193

Rep Bank:
    $21,846

Thanks for the feedback on Q's. Like I said, I think some of these will be, and some won't be. I haven't tracked item by item in a while, so thanks for the update.

24. wade1mil

wade1mil Platinum Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,387
    Refunded an additional $2,985.72 for missing inventory after they looked into it. Hard to believe they can lose that much inventory. Thanks amp!

Vigilante likes this.
  25. amp0193

Rep Bank:
    $21,846
    Now that there is some walkin' around money!

Who knows how it happens, haha. Maybe a robot dropped the bin in a dumpster.

I'd like to tour one of these fulfillment centers. I bet it is infinitely more complex than I can even imagine.

MidwestLandlord and wade1mil like this.