The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Selling on Amazon.com from Europe - money transfer and taxes

Taxes and regulation

WorldImperator

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 29, 2014
I am interested in start to sell on Amazon.com. However, before I will spend next the months working like a crazy, I want know what can be possible legal problems connectd with this. I mean, how to transfer money, where amazon will put my money if I do not have an US account, what about the taxation and other things.

I would like some people who knows something on that matter to respond how to deal with it. It makes no sense to put effort, and than, not being able to have physically your own money due to tax offices / money transfer / legal issues or waste 50% of profit due to double taxation.

If here are any people doing sales from Europe on amazon.com, I would like to read how did you overcame those problems and whether they are easy or rather complicated to solve.

I know here are hundreds of people interested how to deal with it, as this can be a blockage for many of us.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Do you already cover 100% of the European market with your products?

If not, this is just mental masturbation.

Start in Europe. If you use also FBA they ship to every European country for you.

By the way, you can sell everywhere in the world with an Amazon seller account in your home country.

Here is all the info right from the source: http://services.amazon.com/global-selling

If you were too lazy to do a simple search for this, you will fail, 100%. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you simply didnt see the first result on Google for "selling internationally on amazon".

Good luck.

WorldImperator

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 29, 2014
Theag, the problem is, Amazon site does not answer to most of my questions. If you are doing this, you could share your knowledge.

I know i can go to the legal/tax advisaors, but here are many people doing it, so i don't see a sense with paying them before i will start.

If this is so simple for you, than congrats.

Edit:
At least one problem solved. I can open an account in another country than mine. That's good. Maybe even they will be able to transfer money to my account inEUR or GBP even if it's not held in one of their supported countries. Than lots of things are going to be easier.

Also, starting with FBA on amazon uk is a good idea.

Last edited:

OnlineGodfather

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 4, 2013
maybe i can help you in some way, i checked amazon site and it says this:

United States-
You will need to provide a valid credit card, phone number, and tax information. For taxes, you will be required to go through an online step-by-step interview that will determine whether you will need to complete a W-9 form (as a U.S. taxpayer) or a W-8BEN (as a non-U.S. taxpayer).

Meaning as i interpret it, does not mean i am 100% right. If you have a company in europe with bank account, you need to provide them following info and as non-US taxpayer you will just fill out the w8 form and that would be it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.