The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Selling on Amazon? Amazon Vendors are vastly different than Amazon Sellers.

DBXI

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Nov 24, 2015
I just got into AMS. So far it looks like I have it without having to send a product in. I started with vendor express setup then skipped product and bank info. From there I clicked on marketing from inside vendor express and clicked on add bank account. Added that with business info / ein then clicked on marketing again and clicked on ppc click advertisement and accepted the TOS. It brought me to AMS and I had access to run ads. Haven't done much with the ads yet but will tonight. Did not receive a request to send the product in yet. Solid info @amp0193 @exclusives88

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
thanks again for this great info

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
@Vigilante do you mind PM'ing me sir i have an inquiry. thank you

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
No crow here...you cheated and essentially lied...I'm sure they will catch abusers like you and change the qualification i.e they must receive product first to allow access to AMS.

1 year later, my AMS ads are still doing great.

Here's a couple of nice ads I started at the end of August:

af7b5398cf523f2f183d967fb96e4114.png

Not only have they not "caught" me, but they've assigned me my own personal AMS ads rep.

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014

Not only have they not "caught" me, but they've assigned me my own personal AMS ads rep.

How did it compare to the regular PPC?

samuraijack

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 27, 2014
New York, New York

lol, I did this same thing except I don't have 3 products yet so I cant create a headline ad.

Also do a search for random product on Amazon and you will see majority of products in the headliner ads are NOT shipped and sold by amazon

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
lol, I did this same thing except I don't have 3 products yet so I cant create a headline ad.

Also do a search for random product on Amazon and you will see majority of products in the headliner ads are NOT shipped and sold by amazon

So make 2 new ASINS, for products you might or might not one day launch, and just have them be out of stock. They click the ad, and just click on the in stock one on the next page. Worth a shot.

Or run the ads to a "brand page" and just turn the page into a long-form landing page for your one product. Also worth a shot.

2nd point is also true. If it's shipped and sold by Amazon, you're likely a company that's going to be more hands-off in the marketing area of Amazon. I see way more 3rd party sellers running these ads.

chaba

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 6, 2018
miami
Amazon Vendors are vastly different than Amazon Sellers.
It is estimated that over 75% of US consumers shop on Amazon.com
If you want your product to be seen and purchased by the US market, Amazon is clearly the best way to do this.
There are 2 vastly different accounts you can have with to sell your product on Amazon.
Without going into a lot of detail about each account I will just highlight the most important differences.
A Sellers Account
  1. Anyone can open one.
  2. Your product is in a sea of tens of thousands of products.
  3. You sell one unit at a time. You have a choice. You can either fulfill your own product (i.e. ship your product to the customer) or you can for a fee have Amazon do your fulfillment.
  4. You get paid as your product sells. Unless you do Amazon fulfillment. Then you must send a large amount of product to Amazon and to have Amazon sit on the product until someone actually orders it. Thats a lot of money in inventory sitting there until you move it through Amazon.
  5. You CANNOT utilize Amazons internal PPC marketing program they just rolled out last year. This means that customers are going to have to find your product through a general search. Good luck selling your product that way as most consumers never leave the 1st page of a search result.
A Vendor Account
  1. You must be invited by Amazon or hire an agency that will get your product in as a Vendor.
  2. Amazon buys from you. Amazon now buys from you with wholesale pricing that you specify and in large quantities. No more sitting on inventory waiting for someone to buy something piecemeal.
  3. Amazon provides all customer contact, fulfillment and returns. Saving you a ton of time and money to not staff these needs yourself.
  4. You are paid in full for all orders with 30 days. Direct deposit to your bank account for the entire order...now you're really cooking with peanut oil.
  5. Amazon offers your product to all Prime Members. This means free shipping and if you don't think that free shipping means a lot to most US customers, think about it again.
  6. You CAN utilize Amazons internal PPC marketing program they just rolled out last year. This is a real game changer for your product because now your product appears on top of the list when a consumer keyword searches within Amazon. This works the same as it does when you do a google search. The keyword returns both paid and free items. Paid is on top which is the first thing the consumer sees and the free search results are down the page or many pages deep. Now where do you want your product to appear?
As you can see there are two vastly different ways to sell to 75% of the consumers in the United States. If you want your product to sell and sell big and fast there is really only one clear choice.

Troy Mangone

EDITED BY VIGILANTE TO REMOVE CONTACT INFORMATION

Hi, would you happen to know how i can get Vendor central account?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.