The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Seeking Marketing Advice To Grow Audience

Marketing, social media, advertising

Leonidas Kaplan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 12, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Hey hey,

I need some advice...

I'm trying to build up an audience for a new community called socialstatus.club.

The slogan is 'Hacking Your Social Status', and focuses on using internet marketing to become popular enough that it boosts your potential for dating, work, and life.

I've created a couple posts on my blog here related to hacking your social status.

And even made a video teaching how to create facebook ads to meet women.

While this community is still fresh, the lead generation hasn't been good.

At the moment I'm running Facebook and Instagram ads to find people who would be interested.

But I'm also seeking advice from you.

What strategies have you seen work effectively, or strategies that are worth trying?

My strategy ideas include:
- running targeted social media ads
- creating a monetary contest
- contacting some news sites related to marketing

Thanks again, and I greatly appreciate your advice

Leo

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Destined

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Dec 12, 2011
Hey hey,

I need some advice...

I'm trying to build up an audience for a new community called socialstatus.club.

The slogan is 'Hacking Your Social Status', and focuses on using internet marketing to become popular enough that it boosts your potential for dating, work, and life.

I've created a couple posts on my blog here related to hacking your social status.

At the moment I'm running Facebook and Instagram ads to find people who would be interested.

What strategies have you seen work effectively, or strategies that are worth trying?

Leo

Best advice, I can give you..i to go where your target audience is. Find people, that are building lists in that niche and work with them. If any of them run solo ads, see if you can work with them. I don't know exactly, who your audience is, so i cannot offer more advice.

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
Continue advertising and tweak the landing page. You need to explain more what it is all about. But if you have no success with Internet marketing. I don't think you should teach that to people then. Unless you truly have had success running ads to get dates etc.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I have no idea what you're trying to sell me. Women? A job? A life?

This makes 0 sense... and I don't say that to be discouraging -- I'm saying it because that's the very reason you have no traction. What exactly are you offering me??

A

Anon38776

Your product needs polishing. The 30-minute waste of my life of a video could be shrinked to, "See? Facebook ads can work for good looking men."

Most will find the socialstatus.club thing pointless. There is plenty of competition out there that smashes your promises into the ground. Not even talking about the fact that you're asking for an e-mail upfront.

If you're, personally, having issues holding a woman's attention, then the problem is your behaviour. The Facebook ads thing can be completely put aside by building a social circle after you've gotten your shit together. I recommend understanding inner game.

Here's your competition (www.rsdnation.com/forum) and a video to illustrate social circles:

Leonidas Kaplan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 12, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Best advice, I can give you..i to go where your target audience is. Find people, that are building lists in that niche and work with them. If any of them run solo ads, see if you can work with them. I don't know exactly, who your audience is, so i cannot offer more advice.

I think my audience is a cross-section between 'pickup/dating' and 'internet marketing', leaning more towards the dating/pickup.

I'll build out a list of potential sites/blogs/facebook targeting groups to message and build ads for.

Thanks for the advice Destined

Leonidas Kaplan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 12, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Continue advertising and tweak the landing page. You need to explain more what it is all about. But if you have no success with Internet marketing. I don't think you should teach that to people then. Unless you truly have had success running ads to get dates etc.

I agree with the landing page element.

While the main hook right now is 'how to get dates using facebook ads', the community itself will be focused around using internet marketing to 'game' social status.

As far as success with the dating ads myself... I can assure you, it works 210% :)

Leonidas Kaplan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 12, 2011
Toronto, Canada

This makes 0 sense... and I don't say that to be discouraging -- I'm saying it because that's the very reason you have no traction. What exactly are you offering me??

I agree, thanks for the heads up. I'll make a video explaining the focus of the site, and put it into the lander.

gurnays

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Feb 19, 2016
Are you familiar with any of the 25 cognitive bias's?

If not below is a link to check them out. I was listening to a Tai Lopez talk and he said that we should create a "lollapalooza effect'

Which is when you get 5 cognitive bias's working in your favor for the prospect to convert. With so many bias's it is so hard not to convert.

http://25cognitivebiases.com/

Leonidas Kaplan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 12, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Your product needs polishing. The 30-minute waste of my life of a video could be shrinked to, "See? Facebook ads can work for good looking men."

Most will find the socialstatus.club thing pointless. There is plenty of competition out there that smashes your promises into the ground. Not even talking about the fact that you're asking for an e-mail upfront.

If you're, personally, having issues holding a woman's attention, then the problem is your behaviour. The Facebook ads thing can be completely put aside by building a social circle after you've gotten your shit together. I recommend understanding inner game.

Here's your competition (www.rsdnation.com/forum) and a video to illustrate social circles:

'Good looking' is relative, and based on perception, which obviously is influenced by your level of 'inner game'...

...As well as 'perceived' social status, which is what my forum aims to build.

Nonetheless, the content is all free, but the email submit is more a precautionary measure to avoid being SEO'd for privacy reasons (although I'm considering opening it to google).

Thanks for your perception on game though Taykamant, and RSD is definitely great for learning inner game

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
Who's your target audience? If you had an ideal customer, who would it be? Think about it.

Okay...now you got that? What are the pain points that your product solves for them? What bad thing in their life does your product make better?

Alright, now, what platform do these people use? Are they searching for your product? Where are they located? Can you reach them online? Can you not reach them offline?

Alright, now create a landing page with some offer and run a campaign. See what works, what doesn't. Adjust.

Find your audience
Find the painpoints
Find how you can reach them
Run Campaigns
Test
Adjust

If this is too much work, I'm taking on clients ;)

Leonidas Kaplan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 12, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Are you familiar with any of the 25 cognitive bias's?

If not below is a link to check them out. I was listening to a Tai Lopez talk and he said that we should create a "lollapalooza effect'

Which is when you get 5 cognitive bias's working in your favor for the prospect to convert. With so many bias's it is so hard not to convert.

http://25cognitivebiases.com/

Thanks for this. I went through his 67 steps program 2 years ago. It was decent introspective homework, but nothing you can't do on your own.

As far as implementing 5 biases, I agree. Although, I think Robert Cialdini's "6 Principles of Persuasion" is more on point.

gurnays

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Feb 19, 2016
Thanks for this. I went through his 67 steps program 2 years ago. It was decent introspective homework, but nothing you can't do on your own.

As far as implementing 5 biases, I agree. Although, I think Robert Cialdini's "6 Principles of Persuasion" is more on point.

As long as people convert, do what works best.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Hey hey,

I need some advice...

Leo

Determine exactly who you are marketing to. There is a company called Customer Avatar Pro that helps with this.

Look them up.

Be very specific with one problem you can fix for others. A common problem with a deep pain point.

Know how to fix it.

Find out where your audience hangs out.

Get your brand out there with pure 100% focused value.

Continue to deliver value off of your blog and be seen where people already are

Link back to your website. Have an email newsletter opt in, remarking code, etc setup to keep them engaged.

Continue to deliver engaging. Entertaining and high quality things your audience is interested in.

If you have experience by doing things in one area, I can publish you in my magazine to get you started. But the actual experience is required. :)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

^^^ This.

What problem are you trying to solve?

Better still - what problem are you tying to solve that people are *already* spending money trying to solve? (Market = Demonstrated Cashflow)

My advice would be to stop trying to build an audience and just go help people instead. (See the first quote in my signature.)

Last edited:

Leonidas Kaplan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 12, 2011
Toronto, Canada
^^^ This.

What problem are you trying to solve?

Better still - what problem are you tying to solve that people are *already* spending money trying to solve? (Market = Demonstrated Cashflow)

My advice would be to stop trying to build an audience and just go help people instead. (See the first quote in my signature.)

Thanks Andy. I think the message definitely needs tweaking.

Also helping people by answering questions is good, although I'm the idea is to teach internet marketing to help supplement guys with their dating.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Thanks Andy. I think the message definitely needs tweaking.

Also helping people by answering questions is good, although I'm the idea is to teach internet marketing to help supplement guys with their dating.

Brother, just tell us.

Tell me in a simple sentence what you're trying to sell so we can help!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.