I'm going to try and keep this short. I have a tendency to ramble, so if I want to move the needle tonight before I go to bed I'll just cut to the chase.
My personality and paradigm can be attributed to a few big moments in my life. One of them being when I left my parent's house and moved 1,300 miles away to Phoenix with a few hundred bucks and a motorcycle. My life up until that point had been filled with incredible anxiety.

Moving to a different state on my own had an incredibly positive, instant effect on my life. It showed me what I was capable of, and I grew up. Constant sunshine and 5 rounds of golf per week helped my psyche a lot, too. I even competed in amateur tournaments, and won.
Another great moment/phase in my life was when my frontal lobe finally finished developing, at the age of 26 or 27. I could literally feel my emotions flat-lining at a normal level, instead of feeling like I was always in fight or flight mode.
A great side effect that came from my newly developed lobe was the ability to think critically. One of my greatest epiphanies was this: "We're all human, so if _______ can do something, then I'm probably capable of it, too."
Now, obviously I won't be the next Tiger Woods or Elon Musk, but maybe the next MJ DeMarco? Why not? I'm a human, he's a human. His skills weren't gifted to him by some higher being. To me, the most important reason why MJ has done so well for himself is his willingness to work hard to overcome adversity.
I proved my ability to overcome adversity when I forced myself to move to Phoenix. I got a job at Superstition Springs Golf Club and worked full time, but I didn't let that get in the way of my passion for the game. I woke up super early every morning before work, practiced for an hour, worked all day, and stayed after work to practice even more (in the dark). Before I decided to pursue other adventures, my handicap was a +0.4. In layman's terms: I was great.
After 2 years of playing I found that I hadn't made a dime by becoming a great golfer, but I didn't care. That process solidified my belief that I was capable of something most people consider to be nearly impossible. And it feels good.

So, to wrap things up, I'm writing this here to document my process. I normally do this kind of thing on paper, but I want accountability from like-minded peers. I have found more answers in this forum and in MJ's books than anywhere else and I know I have every ability to do what he's done. His books lay out perfectly what we can do to achieve real growth and wealth.
I gotta get to work, but thanks for taking the time to read this unintentionally-lengthy post. I hope you all keep me accountable. I'll share my goals with you tomorrow.
My personality and paradigm can be attributed to a few big moments in my life. One of them being when I left my parent's house and moved 1,300 miles away to Phoenix with a few hundred bucks and a motorcycle. My life up until that point had been filled with incredible anxiety.
I have Hashimoto's Disease, which means my body attacks my thyroid gland, and it went untreated until I was 22. In my opinion, your thyroid is incredibly important if you want to be an entrepreneur (something I've wanted to be since a young age), let alone feel like a normal human being. It affects your mood, energy and metabolism, among other things.

Moving to a different state on my own had an incredibly positive, instant effect on my life. It showed me what I was capable of, and I grew up. Constant sunshine and 5 rounds of golf per week helped my psyche a lot, too. I even competed in amateur tournaments, and won.
Another great moment/phase in my life was when my frontal lobe finally finished developing, at the age of 26 or 27. I could literally feel my emotions flat-lining at a normal level, instead of feeling like I was always in fight or flight mode.
A great side effect that came from my newly developed lobe was the ability to think critically. One of my greatest epiphanies was this: "We're all human, so if _______ can do something, then I'm probably capable of it, too."
Now, obviously I won't be the next Tiger Woods or Elon Musk, but maybe the next MJ DeMarco? Why not? I'm a human, he's a human. His skills weren't gifted to him by some higher being. To me, the most important reason why MJ has done so well for himself is his willingness to work hard to overcome adversity.
I proved my ability to overcome adversity when I forced myself to move to Phoenix. I got a job at Superstition Springs Golf Club and worked full time, but I didn't let that get in the way of my passion for the game. I woke up super early every morning before work, practiced for an hour, worked all day, and stayed after work to practice even more (in the dark). Before I decided to pursue other adventures, my handicap was a +0.4. In layman's terms: I was great.
After 2 years of playing I found that I hadn't made a dime by becoming a great golfer, but I didn't care. That process solidified my belief that I was capable of something most people consider to be nearly impossible. And it feels good.

So, to wrap things up, I'm writing this here to document my process. I normally do this kind of thing on paper, but I want accountability from like-minded peers. I have found more answers in this forum and in MJ's books than anywhere else and I know I have every ability to do what he's done. His books lay out perfectly what we can do to achieve real growth and wealth.
I gotta get to work, but thanks for taking the time to read this unintentionally-lengthy post. I hope you all keep me accountable. I'll share my goals with you tomorrow.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
