The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Saying hello, we're devs/marketers

contrastweb

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jun 23, 2016
Montreal, Canada
Hey everyone,

We're a small web team that focuses on building products, platforms with technologies like Python/Django and Node.js/MongoDB amongst many others -- while also having strong backgrounds in Economics, Business, Marketing and Sales.

Recently we developed a proprietary technology powered by a series of algorithms which allows us to focus on intents in millions of ways through networks like Bing, Adwords, 7search amongst a few other.

Looking forward to meeting the community.

Cheers,

Michal

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hey everyone,

We're a small web team that focuses on building products, platforms with technologies like Python/Django and Node.js/MongoDB amongst many others -- while also having strong backgrounds in Economics, Business, Marketing and Sales.

Recently we developed a proprietary technology powered by a series of algorithms which allows us to focus on intents in millions of ways through networks like Bing, Adwords, 7search amongst a few other. We'll be testing our invention with the use of affiliate offers -- hence why we decided to join the community!

Cheers,

Michal

I'm not following you. You joined the community here because you're wanting to test affiliate offers?

You maybe were thinking of the Warrior Forum?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Hey everyone,

Recently we developed a proprietary technology powered by a series of algorithms which allows us to focus on intents in millions of ways through networks like Bing, Adwords, 7search amongst a few other.

Cheers,

Michal
Was that an intro?
I don't get your point?

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Well the definition of an introduction, is to say who we are, what we do, and say "hello" -- right?

Hey everyone,

Cheers,

Michal
It sounded like an elevator pitch to me.

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
We'll have to see.
I don't think this is going to end well.

Let's just end this all with this gif

giphy.gif

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey everyone,

Cheers,

Michal

Ok, I'll bite/help you...

Who do you like helping?

What do you help them with?

Why are you helping them?

TheGrind

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 20, 2016
I'm planning a SaaS business in the near future. Preferably a cloud app or web app. PM me if you think you can help.

contrastweb

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jun 23, 2016
Montreal, Canada
Ok, I'll bite/help you...

Who do you like helping?

What do you help them with?

Why are you helping them?

I like helping anyone who has implementation, strategy problems. Web marketing is to always be seen from a high-level first. But if you don't have the necessary experience, you won't know where and how to look. If you don't have certain pillars in place (technology stack, html framework, style, connection to needed API services, funnel strategy, analytics strategy, resources aka people and a general understanding of the web's economics), you'll have a hard time winning in this arena. Therefore I like to help people become winners by giving them a realistic overview of their problems while adding value with possible solutions. I have over 10 years experience in the web with a decent portfolio:
  1. In 2006 when I was just 19, I sold my convertible sports car for funding and built a widely-known PlayStation 3 gaming publication which generated revenue from ads with content produced by a team of ~10 individuals. Lots of it success comes from the fact that I made the world's first white PlayStation 3 (thanks to the years I spent at my father's body shop throughout my teenage years). The white console generated millions of visitors to the publication, so I followed suit with a silver one, and "Maserati Red" one which bid up to $12,000 on eBay. Sony eventually began manufacturing a red PS3 called the "Scarlett Red" PS3. They never thanked me for their product/market fit research (nor do I have evidence that I inspired their production.... but I like to believe it). For this marketing stunt, I was featured in countless renown publications, including cnet, an interview with cinemablend and being highlighted on G4's Attack of the Show tv series. A case study has been written here, which highlights the stunt. The video on YouTube highlighting the white console amassed over 490,000 views and the publication over 10M views (note that this was 10 years ago, when Facebook barely existed, YouTube was just an infant and the web wasn't wired the way it is today with social media, billions of users, viral mechanisms etc -- we had to work very hard to get our content seen in the industry and relied on affiliate partnerships, inclusion in Google News and miscellaneous directories).

2. In 2010, I graduated from Concordia University with a B.A. in Economics. My record in web, interest in art, design, user experience (raised as an artist) and interest in all things tech, propelled me to continue my career as an entrepreneur rather than getting a job.

3. Back in the day, WordPress was still generic, so individuals relied on scripts and niche CMS's to build websites / products. There were all kinds available to you and the above-noted PS3 publication ran on a content management system (CMS) known as CCMS (aka Custom CMS). Having had customized my instance fairly extensively, I got an opportunity to purchase CCMS from the original developer along-with his few hundred customers for low 5 figures. It was a steal considering the domain name "www.customcms.net" (currently down since we're migrating to a new VPS) had huge value back in the day. There was a small issue, I was an Economist, marketer and designer, not a developer. So I called up my developer who at that time was in Australia (homegrown type of developer with little schooling), and offered him 50% of the company contingent that he'd redevelop the product with me, and I'd focus on the entire design and marketing strategy -- he agreed. So in 2010, I purchased the product and its customers called Custom CMS and started to rebuild the product from A-Z. We rebranded it as "Couch Gamers", and jumped on the multiple year wide journey of rebuilding the product part time. At that time, our feature-set surpassed what WordPress offered to individuals seeking to build video gaming focused publications, and I built a waiting list of about 5,000 interested individuals. Unfortunately the Australian co-founder was younger, blinded by the beauties of Malta, and decided to quit after all the investments had been made. The product was at 95% finished and ready for commercial intent. I never ended up capitalizing on this opportunity as in the same time, I was involved in 2 other ventures (which will be presented below).

4. Throughout the same years, I built the web hosting brand named MTL Servers. We were one of the first beta companies on OnApp's cloud technology and focused on shared + VPS hosting in our cloud.

5. While all the above was being built, I also developed websites and projects. We built a variety of websites, platforms and systems for companies in Montreal. It's at that time that I met my future business partner, a software engineer and world renown jazz pianist.

6. By 24-25 years of age, I was a seasoned entrepreneur with experience building ventures in multiple industries. Although I was a business, marketing, design, economy type of guy, I began to understand the entire picture very clearly (product development, designing user experiences, marketing systems, web hosting pace etc). In ~ 2011 I was awarded a young entrepreneurship award by RetireAt21.com -- which was lead by Yanik Silver and his Online Underground events. I travelled to Washington, where I was given a free ticket to the Online Underground event that year, given a chance to speak on stage alongside other winners (I have the video of me speaking stored somewhere), and spent a few days networking with the marketing industry's heavyweights.

7. In 2013 my business partner and I decided to co-founded a small web team under the name Contrast Web. We built a few notable products for a few clients, namely the platform for Jean Pascal (renown boxing athlete) using Python technologies. The project granted Contrast Web a best website AWWWARDS award, and a public vote / shortlist nomination by the FWA.

We consulted brands like Reebok CCM, Rubino Shoes (one of Quebec's largest shoe retailers), EA amongst others, and worked on a variety of small marketing / web projects. We also briefly launched an initiative where we consulted larger agencies (from our membership in Second Wind) on best web marketing, product design practices. At this point, we had developed a significant amount of internal intellectual property / technologies to take a fresh and ROI driven approach to web marketing -- which the industry seems to still be doing wrong).

In hopes to drive new business for the brand (website / marketing offer traffic), I began researching the various methods of driving sales and marketing our service-based business. There was of course cold-calling, networking, email marketing (which was dropped after Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation kicked in) -- and of course advertising... specifically text / search query-based pay per click advertising on search engines like Google, Bing etc. It was the only channel where the user took his hands, typed a bunch of words onto a keyboard (his intention from his mind), and pressed enter. At the second he'd press enter, his intention was transferred over from his mind into a database of results and ads. It was the only marketing channel which shortened the gap of learning in micro-seconds what was in someone's mind. No other network can know that, they can only assume they know something about a user while he scrolls down a page (like Facebook, Twitter etc)... how magical.

So with that in mind, I invented the algorithm and platform outlined in my first post of this thread.

8. We've also spent about 2 years developing the foundations for an upcoming social network geared for video gamers (I designed and architected the economics, shape, UX, features etc) while my partner engineered/coded. Truly a master piece which we'll highlight it once we release the beta in the coming weeks.
Although I have no intent to leverage this community by selling my services, people tend to PM me with their problems -- and I do my best to drive value back and help out. I like to pay it forward, it drives me.

contrastweb

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jun 23, 2016
Montreal, Canada
I'm planning a SaaS business in the near future. Preferably a cloud app or web app. PM me if you think you can help.

As of right now, our algorithms and invention is being evaluated for best market-fit. Once that's done, we'll know where we'll maximize from it. You're always free to PM me if you need direction. Cheers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

Please SEARCH before posting.