The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Rise of Skywalker

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
I hope Rey turns a sith at the end.

Give us something different than the usual good guys always win narrative.

Except that lightsaber is dumb AF.

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Apr 5, 2019
VA
There's some serious nostalgia baiting going on in that trailer. I honestly doubt it'll be any good though, the characters and plots of the lase few movies were so confused and hamfisted I can't see them fixing it time, my guess is that it's gonna be another confused mess and they'll keep nostalgia baiting to convince people to go see it, none of these disney movies stand on their own merits.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
vS6ObQb.gif

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I thought it was a fake trailer. 1:30 of old scenes and 30 seconds of new scenes that IMO looked pretty bad. And yes, that stupid light saber at the end really sealed my opinion to not see this.

But in other news, the Mandalorian is something that I would watch.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I thought it was a fake trailer. 1:30 of old scenes and 30 seconds of new scenes that IMO looked pretty bad. And yes, that stupid light saber at the end really sealed my opinion to not see this.

But in other news, the Mandalorian is something that I would watch.

cautiously optimistic bout mandalorian.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas

SeanLewis

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 7, 2019
Sweden
Whenever they play the nostalgia cards it's usually because there isn't much else..

I do trust JJ to make a good movie tho. Hopefully he can salvage whatever wasnt F*cked in the last one.

Jaden Jones

Igloo Builder
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 22, 2018
Canada
Whenever they play the nostalgia cards it's usually because there isn't much else..

I do trust JJ to make a good movie tho. Hopefully he can salvage whatever wasnt F*cked in the last one.

JJ makes great stand alone movies, but he didnt do well with star trek, and Star wars is mixed reviews. I personally didnt like Force awakens (it was pretty much a recycled a new hope). The last Jedi was better, but still didnt really stand out to me. Maybe this one will be better, but everyone is right so far, that preview and light saber are awful...

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow, most of it is old footage from old Star Wars... Translation? It sucks. And seeing Kathleen Kennedy still has her job I can absolutely be 100% sure it will suck.

But the real tell is the old footage which is most of the trailer.

The new movies are so disappointing that they only way they can assure their billion dollar boondoggle is by trying to hook the new with the old, to fool folks like me who gave up on Star Wars four movies ago.

I won't give it a dime.

PS: I'm guessing the "Dark Rey" snippet is again, nothing but some stupid dream Rey has ... they cut the scene into the trailer so everyone can get worked up about and go into the film with a sense of intrigue, when like the rest of the movies, there is no intrigue so just make shit up... I expect the film to follow the same tropes, the same political narratives, and the same mindless "science impossible" mistakes... like Bombs dropping in space and "we can't catch up with the lead ship" BS.

However, one movie that looks interesting though is Ad Astra...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6AaSMfXHbA

Jaden Jones

Igloo Builder
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 22, 2018
Canada
Wow, most of it is old footage from old Star Wars... Translation? It sucks. And seeing Kathleen Kennedy still has her job I can absolutely be 100% sure it will suck.

But the real tell is the old footage which is most of the trailer.

The new movies are so disappointing that they only way they can assure their billion dollar boondoggle is by trying to hook the new with the old, to fool folks like me who gave up on Star Wars four movies ago.

I won't give it a dime.

PS: I'm guessing the "Dark Rey" snippet is again, nothing but some stupid dream Rey has ... they cut the scene into the trailer so everyone can get worked up about and go into the film with a sense of intrigue, when like the rest of the movies, there is no intrigue so just make shit up... I expect the film to follow the same tropes, the same political narratives, and the same mindless "science impossible" mistakes... like Bombs dropping in space and "we can't catch up the the lead ship" BS.

However, one movie that looks interesting though is Ad Astra...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6AaSMfXHbA

I think Ad Astra is either going to really great or really awful. It feels like another Interstellar, which was great (and in my top 10). I feel like it will be great though, as Hollywood has been doing really well with science fiction lately.

foodiepersecond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 2, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia
so...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n1T3HxHd7Y

can JJ abrams resurrect star wars?

wtf was that at the end.

Jaden Jones

Igloo Builder
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 22, 2018
Canada

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

This makes absolutely no sense. Why even put out a trailer this way. I can understand a few scenes, but to make most of the trailer old scenes? Out of the 2:11 trailer, 44 seconds was new footage.

Maybe the new movie is sooooo good that they can't afford to show you any of the other scenes!

I'd love to see this flop so hard. They made excuses when Solo flopped because it was a stand-alone movie. Let's see what they say about this one.

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I had zero questions at the end of lost, did other people?

Yes, it's been generally regarded as one of the worst endings to a series... that is before GOT came along.

"The last time a TV finale spawned backlash this strong, in volume and sheer force of opinion, was nine years ago when Lost ended. There are a lot of similarities between the two shows in terms of what’s driving the complaints, specifically frustrations with holes in logic and/or unanswered questions. "

Jaden Jones

Igloo Builder
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 22, 2018
Canada
Yes, it's been generally regarded as one of the worst endings to a series... that is before GOT came along.

"The last time a TV finale spawned backlash this strong, in volume and sheer force of opinion, was nine years ago when Lost ended. There are a lot of similarities between the two shows in terms of what’s driving the complaints, specifically frustrations with holes in logic and/or unanswered questions. "

I didnt watch GOT, but I was fairly Happy with Lost. They even brought back the original cast. I would say the worst ending ever was Dexter. I was actually angry...

SkyLake

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Nov 29, 2016
Still, don't know what the new trilogy is all about... Started off good with The Force Awakens, but completely shat the bed with The Last Jedi.. and from the trailers, this last movie looks even worse.

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Apr 5, 2019
VA
Still, don't know what the new trilogy is all about... Started off good with The Force Awakens, but completely shat the bed with The Last Jedi.. and from the trailers, this last movie looks even worse.
Personally think all of the new movies suck. So much wrong with the force awakens. I dont care about any of the things that happen or get emotionally invested in any of the characters. Its all blah

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
The only thing I'm looking forward to is Red letter media review and commentary lol.

Everything else is just a bit sad. Especially the sheep that actually eat this stuff up.

Jaden Jones

Igloo Builder
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 22, 2018
Canada
I enjoyed the last Jedi far more than the Force awakens, but both were still good overall. I think peoples expectations were too high. You couldnt possibly duplicate the original trilogy. There is so much emotion attached to it. Not even George Lucas could do it with the prequel series.

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I enjoyed the last Jedi far more than the Force awakens, but both were still good overall. I think peoples expectations were too high. You couldnt possibly duplicate the original trilogy. There is so much emotion attached to it. Not even George Lucas could do it with the prequel series.

I totally agree with you. I enjoyed Episodes 7 and 8. And can't wait for 9.

I just don't have the high expectations that others seem to have.

It's like the Matrix. I loved 1. Enjoyed 2. And tolerated 3.

But, I still can't wait to see #4.

I'm looking forward to what the Wachowski siblings come up with.

But, at the same time, I'm not expecting Matrix 4 to be anywhere near as good as #1.

I'm not even expecting #4 to be anywhere near as good as any of the three John Wick movies.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Just saw the movie...

Long...have I been...hanging...

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas

Please SEARCH before posting.