The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Rise of Skywalker

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What's happened with the franchise is like a beautiful fairy princess who lives in castle...

Only to be kidnapped by Disney who puts the poor girl into a whorehouse to die used and abused as one of their sex-slaves.

Obviously after the first 4 Disney abominations, I'm biased.

No I haven't seen it and won't until I stumble on it for FREE during a sleepless night.

Anyhow, for the first few weeks of this movie's release, please use the SPOILER function so you don't ruin it for folks who still have hope "this time will be different."

This is a spoiler

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
What's happened with the franchise is like a beautiful fairy princess who lives in castle...

Only to be kidnapped by Disney who puts the poor girl into a whorehouse to die used and abused as one of their sex-slaves.

Obviously after the first 4 Disney abominations, I'm biased.

No I haven't seen it and won't until I stumble on it for FREE during a sleepless night.

Anyhow, for the first few weeks of this movie's release, please use the SPOILER function so you don't ruin it for folks who still have hope "this time will be different."

I went to see it last night. I was still jetlagged from Hawaii and wide awake last night, googled the movie and it turns out my local theater sells last showing tickets for $5 so I went.

Just having to put that first sentence in justifying why I went to see Star Wars on opening night says alot about what's happened to this franchise. LOL

So here's my non-spoiler opinion. It sucked at first, got better and became decent and then sucked again. I can see why the audience reviews are actually decent. It was full of holes but just not as dumb as the previous one.

Basically what they did was just ignore the second movie and did a complete re-write.

There's a scene where the escape running into something by jumping into hyperspeed. Which basically is showing that you can't hyperspeed into a ship any more. Hyperspeed is more like teleporting now.

I thought the death star exploded completely? How did it fall onto on planet?

It's better to be a dead Jedi because you can pretty much do anything you can do while alive.

They couldn't do it, they couldn't kill any of the old main characters. I thought they were actually going to do it. But nope, Chewy was alive and 3PO got his memory back.

The movie is pretty much like Return of the Jedi.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Saw movie,
horrible disappointment, i was actually bored by the end.
There was no sense that Rey's final powers were earned, it was like a realization or something.
like "oh shit that's right, all the jedi blah blah i am powerfuL!"

the palpatine was a caricature of the original boss a$$ palpatine, what a shame.
goddamn it!
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q73WNs8rjF0

on the other hand, i saw 2 episodes of mandalorian and i liked it!
gives Samurai Jack vibes.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
I will say Adam Driver did a great job acting Kylo/Ben.

One of the few redeeming parts.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I agree with the aforementioned critics and will add:

DID THEY KISS JUST SO HE DIED. It would have made SO MUCH MORE sense that HE continued the Skywalker lineage once he turned into the light. For HAN. For Leia. "I'm Rey... Skywalker" UHHH NO YOU ARE NOT. MARY SUE TO THE POWER OF TWENTY. No character development at all she's just OP with a bare minimum of training and the whole plot comes to her. How come she thought Chewie was dead but then she is able to feel him once she's in the destroyer? And Palps? HE KILLED HIMSELF. Again, after so much building (like with Snoke) He dies. JUST LIKE THAT. "Oh she's reflecting all my power, I'll just keep shooting". UUUUUUGH.

Yes it's Disney and it's action/family-friendly and the first movies were also corny so I wasn't waiting for mind-blowing twists. But once you have a whole canon universe you would think you wanna try to follow it and make sense, no?

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I agree with the aforementioned critics and will add:

DID THEY KISS JUST SO HE DIED. It would have made SO MUCH MORE sense that HE continued the Skywalker lineage once he turned into the light. For HAN. For Leia. "I'm Rey... Skywalker" UHHH NO YOU ARE NOT. MARY SUE TO THE POWER OF TWENTY. No character development at all she's just OP with a bare minimum of training and the whole plot comes to her. How come she thought Chewie was dead but then she is able to feel him once she's in the destroyer? And Palps? HE KILLED HIMSELF. Again, after so much building (like with Snoke) He dies. JUST LIKE THAT. "Oh she's reflecting all my power, I'll just keep shooting". UUUUUUGH.

Yes it's Disney and it's action/family-friendly and the first movies were also corny so I wasn't waiting for mind-blowing twists. But once you have a whole canon universe you would think you wanna try to follow it and make sense, no?

shooting lightning is like pissing, u can't just stop man.

I will say Adam Driver did a great job acting Kylo/Ben.

One of the few redeeming parts.

yea hes a good actor

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Well I just made the mistake of watching this movie. It was not as bad as 8, but hot garbage is hot garbage. The movie was just horrible.

I am so glad my wife talked me out of seeing it in the theater. Now all I wasted was some time and electricity.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.