The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Recommendations for courses to take online(Udemy, Coursera etc...)

Karam

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Oct 23, 2020
Hello guys!

I'm ready to start taking the micro-actions and build a whole process that would lead me to accomplish my goals,
but I can't seem to find my true inspiration(which field). I'm a Computer Science undergraduate and I'm looking forward to investing my free time into learning new subjects which you recommend from experience. Do you recommend any specific courses to take that you've already taken?

Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Hi, @Karam welcome to the forum,
I don't think you need any courses as you are a cs student.

I would suggest read some gold threads on this forum this week and then decide where do you want to go.

Karam

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Oct 23, 2020
Hi, @Karam welcome to the forum,
I don't think you need any courses as you are a cs student.

I would suggest read some gold threads on this forum this week and then decide where do you want to go.
Hi Raja,
The thing is, the courses that we take are mostly focused on mathematical theories and things that are quite far away from the current real-world(in terms of entrepreneurship), aside from a couple of courses like algorithms and data structures that deal with core problems in my field. In order to use these skills, I'll have to get a job at a company like Facebook, Google, etc... For example, We don't take courses that explore website designing, marketing, courses that teach new coding languages or new coding platforms, and many things that I hear from people in the business that I don't recognize.

I've already applied and sent my resume to a couple of companies but I was thinking about expanding further and exploring fields that are really fruitful right now.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
figure out the direction then move towards it.

you will get lots of valuable information in gold and notable thread, take a week to read and process.
the worst thing you can do is go blazing fast in the wrong direction.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Can you help people (and get paid) with the skills you already have? In which case, maybe your next step is to get some work doing that?

Maybe check out @Fox ‘s or @Lex DeVille ’s programmes.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
I have just purchased and started doing a few Udemy courses just last week.
I am focusing on 'soft skills' first:

Deep/Active Listening
Overcoming Fear
Team Leadership

Assuming those go well, then I'll transition to some more 'finite' skills:
Mergers and Acquisitions
Managing Projects

I'm taking pages of notes, and doing the exercises. And it seems pretty good.
That said, NONE of it matters if I don't apply it to real life.

In that sense, the courses are actually just highlighting to me, what I do not know.
Where my gaps in knowledge are.

As Andy and others pointed out, there are LOTS of places to learn new skills.
I'm not sure Udemy / online courses are the best place to learn any particular skill - there are so many options.
But, I'm trying to use them as an outline to find my own weaknesses, and where I need to attack/invest to make myself better.

--
Because they are organized/generally well laid out, with examples and exercises.
I'm finding the courses to be a pretty solid tool for building and adding to my battle plan.

Karam

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Oct 23, 2020
Can you help people (and get paid) with the skills you already have? In which case, maybe your next step is to get some work doing that?

Maybe check out @Fox ‘s or @Lex DeVille ’s programmes.
That's exactly the question that is running in my head nowadays but I can't seem to figure out how to get paid using those skills.
I think this is the missing piece in the whole puzzle because I know for
a fact that: if I get a decent IDEA of what to do and get paid for it, using my skills, then I would be 100% motivated and start working on it ASAP, though I can't seem to get a grasp of that idea.

I know how to code in C++, C, a little bit of Python. I'm good at Calculus, math in general.
I'm a fast learner with good communication skills. I live in a city where most people are living a Scripted lifestyle and are quite old-fashioned with norms and such bullshit, yet I can't seem to take advantage of that.

Any ideas mate :)?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
That's exactly the question that is running in my head nowadays but I can't seem to figure out how to get paid using those skills.
I think this is the missing piece in the whole puzzle because I know for
a fact that: if I get a decent IDEA of what to do and get paid for it, using my skills, then I would be 100% motivated and start working on it ASAP, though I can't seem to get a grasp of that idea.

I know how to code in C++, C, a little bit of Python. I'm good at Calculus, math in general.
I'm a fast learner with good communication skills. I live in a city where most people are living a Scripted lifestyle and are quite old-fashioned with norms and such bullshit, yet I can't seem to take advantage of that.

Any ideas mate :)?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.