The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Real Estate Investing Blog Name needed!

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
My name is Kasper. I need a name for my upcoming real estate investing blog (i will maybe at some point also write about personal finance). I will share my journey from being a complete beginner (buying my first house) to becoming an intermediate (hopefully ;-))

Help me find the perfect blog name! All suggestions are appreciated!
http://reijourney.com/

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
I think the name's irrelevant. Put it under your own name, or something that includes "real estate" and "journey to success" themes. Doesn't really matter what. If your content is awesome, people will flock to it. If you get a lot of readers, you can run a contest or poll suggesting better names for your publishing. If you don't have a lot of great posts, who cares how catchy the name of the blog is?

W. Sabria

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Apr 30, 2018
Miami, FL
Consider using one of the many fun vanity domain extensions that are out there now.
There are several specific to real estate via GoDaddy.

realmoneyguru.com
makingreal.money
newmoney.guide
newmoney.money
realestateinvesting.capital
moneywise.zone
millionaire.house
gettingreal.estate

Best of luck!

kasperdtb

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 23, 2018
I think the name's irrelevant. Put it under your own name, or something that includes "real estate" and "journey to success" themes. Doesn't really matter what. If your content is awesome, people will flock to it. If you get a lot of readers, you can run a contest or poll suggesting better names for your publishing. If you don't have a lot of great posts, who cares how catchy the name of the blog is?
True, what do you think about kaconomy ?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I think I'm probably qualified to respond to this one... :)

Don't waste time focusing on the name of the blog. In fact, don't waste time focusing on the blog at all. Focus on the real estate journey -- that's where the bulk of your effort needs to be if you want to be successful in that industry.

Not saying you shouldn't start a blog and document your progress (it worked for me), but you can always go back and rename, revamp, redesign and reorganize your blog after you have a couple real estate deals under your belt and a whole bunch of content already written. I know lots of people that spent so much time focusing on their real estate blog that they never got their real estate business off the ground.

Focus on the real estate.
^^^ THIS!!!

“Tell me what you’ve done and I’ll tell you who you are.”

Document your journey, so others can follow. Do it even if no-one reads it. Before you know it you’re way ahead in your journey, and have left a trail of breadcrumbs.

My “blog” looks crap. I have hardly any readers. I keep changing domain even. I don’t bother collecting email addresses. I don’t care. I make money building my business and the blog is just insights gained along my journey.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d like to monetise all the content I produce, but I don’t want to put the cart before the horse.

The content is a by-product.

kasperdtb

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 23, 2018
^^^ THIS!!!

“Tell me what you’ve done and I’ll tell you who you are.”

Document your journey, so others can follow. Do it even if no-one reads it. Before you know it you’re way ahead in your journey, and have left a trail of breadcrumbs.

My “blog” looks crap. I have hardly any readers. I keep changing domain even. I don’t bother collecting email addresses. I don’t care. I make money building my business and the blog is just insights gained along my journey.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d like to monetise all the content I produce, but I don’t want to put the cart before the horse.

The content is a by-product.
I agree. But still - if I can get a great name from the beginning, it would be awesome. I know content matters and that my full focus should be on my investments, but I like to share things with others as well. For me, blogging is fun.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

passion518

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Oct 28, 2013
Philadelphia
I agree. But still - if I can get a great name from the beginning, it would be awesome. I know content matters and that my full focus should be on my investments, but I like to share things with others as well. For me, blogging is fun.
JScott hit the nail on the head.

I like documenting my process as well and think it to be fun. I tried to start a blog in the beginning. For me it was too hard to keep up on after working 16 or 18 hour days.

I adapted to a happy medium of just doing short posts and videos on Facebook. Raw, never planned or scripted. That saved me time and a lot of people told me that's what made it seem "pure".

Just pick something, do it.

MJs phrase "act, assess, adjust" comes to mind [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just make it your name initially? That way you can twist and turn and change what's on it (“pivot”, as others call it).

When you settle on something then you can always get all the content ported over, and wipe the first one.

For example, I started posting on my business website, then decided I didn't like that, so moved everything to andyblack.net and slapped a single page on my business website.

A few years later I decided to change the domain to freelanceandbeyond.com as I don't want it to be about or associated with Andy Black anymore.

andyblack.net will be wiped and become a short bio site (like my LinkedIn profile).

kasperdtb

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 23, 2018
I guess its my own choice. I was just asking for a name. Not advice on what I should focus on... :)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Fair point.

For naming a company I like two random words plus something niche related:
  • BlueKeyCleaning
  • OakTreeFinances
  • Etc.

I also like appealing to people where they are, and where they might want to goto later.

E.g. FreelanceAndBeyond. This is for people who want to become freelancers, or freelancers who want to move beyond that and grow a business.

If I’m doubt, use your name and move onto the next problem.

kasperdtb

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 23, 2018
And I was simply answering a question you didn't ask, in attempt to help you...

Given that I've literally made millions of dollars by doing what you're considering doing (monetizing the blog I started to track my real estate efforts), I thought you might appreciate that.

But, if I offended you, I apologize. Feel free to ignore my feedback.
You haven't offended me :) But anyway, thanks for the advice. If you have any name suggestions, feel free to throw them at me ;)

kasperdtb

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 23, 2018
Fair point.

For naming a company I like two random words plus something niche related:
  • BlueKeyCleaning
  • OakTreeFinances
  • Etc.

I also like appealing to people where they are, and where they might want to goto later.

E.g. FreelanceAndBeyond. This is for people who want to become freelancers, or freelancers who want to move beyond that and grow a business.

If I’m doubt, use your name and move onto the next problem.
Thanks man, It helped alot :)

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
I’d like to monetise all the content I produce, but I don’t want to put the cart before the horse.

In a way you do. Because you so generously share with others the advice you give your clients, that means people who call you about a project have a very good idea of what you're like. And why they should respect your professional advice.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
I just did a web search for largest real estate companies by valuation. Some have names that let you know they do real estate or investments. But these are generic: Brookfield, Prologis, Weyerhauser, Ventas. None of those names suggest, "Put your money here to make money in real estate." But all have been great places to do just that!

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
biggestpockets.com!

Big.Daddy.Whoop.a$$.com

The purpose of a name is to attract attention. This does the trick. The purpose of your blog is to keep them there.

I'd click on that one. Problem solved - if you have interesting and relevant content to keep them there.

Don't try to compete with the big boys if you aren't one. Think outside the sandbox. There's another one - outside the sandbox. This is easy.

D

Deleted50669

I just did a web search for largest real estate companies by valuation. Some have names that let you know they do real estate or investments. But these are generic: Brookfield, Prologis, Weyerhauser, Ventas. None of those names suggest, "Put your money here to make money in real estate." But all have been great places to do just that!
Prologis and Ventas sound Greek, which ESPECIALLY does not say "put your money here"

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Prologis and Ventas sound Greek, which ESPECIALLY does not say "put your money here"

Ventas is from Chicago, now doing business in the U.S., Canada, and U.K. Their focus is the intersection of real estate and health care.
Our Company | ventasreit

Prologis is from San Franscisco, with properties in 19 nations. Their focus is the intersection of real estate and distribution logistics.
About

Worth noticing that both of these are specialized companies. Not just, "we're big in all types of commercial real estate." Same with the others I mentioned. Brookfield does shopping malls. Weyerhauser does forests for paper products. They each chose a specialized niche and got big in that niche. The Prologis home page doesn't say, "We decided to dabble in forests a bit since that's what made someone else rich."

These companies all prove the multiplier effect of execution being worth far more than a hot idea. "People want to ship stuff around the world these days, so why don't we invest in warehouses." Is that a fortune-building really hot idea? Yes, IF you can implement and execute on it like Prologis. The Wikipedia profile mentions the company started doing a different kind of advisory service, with a $50k startup cost. Company valuation is now $33 Billion.

Last edited:

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Yes, IF you can implement and execute on it like Prologis. The Wikipedia profile mentions the company started doing a different kind of advisory service, with a $50k startup cost. Company valuation is now $33 Billion.

I'm not even to my first billion yet.

But I am going to look into what they provide as advisory services. Thanks for this insight Bloomer! This could be right up my alley.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.