The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

RD - 2008 predictions

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I found this video today

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CQ5gJNxsdk"]YouTube - Rich Dad 2008 Predictions - Part 1[/ame]

What I got from this video:

- Most of the interesting points to me where from Ken McElroy

- Investing in apartment buildings (this guy does that all the time, for what I know).

- Occupancy improving as people are moving from the houses they can't afford so now they are renters again.

- Follow migration trends/patterns (eco-boomers, baby movers, where are they moving? where are immigrant locating?). Where are people moving to? where are the jobs going?

- expensive gas, cheaper dollar = People are moving to locations that require you don't drive that much

- They are buying in Denver, Austin, where they can buy close to rail lines and/or short driving commutes.

- US is too cheap for Chinese, Canadian, Asian investors (they see the American market as being half-price today)
International investors will bail out the real estate mess in the mid term.

- Harder underwriting rules will make properties (I assume he means SFH) more difficult to afford.

- Cash flow will allow you to maintain the properties. Too expensive to replace them. Keep them if you can.

- Replacement cost of properties will keep going up as the dollar goes down.
If you can hold properties, do it. In 5-6 years they will go up.

- Cash flow is king, no market speculation. Flippers are flopped.

- There are billions of houses being built today (not in the US, many other countries). Commodities prices will keep going up. More people all over the world buying cars. Oil will maintain a high cost.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
so, after discussing this video with my wife, we started thinking about potential business opportunities that could come out from this information.

We brainstormed a little bit and came to the conclusion that property management and property research were very interesting.

About property research: If you are an investor that wants to buy into the US real estate market now that prices have come down, you probably will want to rely on somebody to provide you with the information needed to make a purchase decision. If you can provide this service to them (especially if you speak their native language) then you have an edge.

About the property management idea: Following the same topic, once these foreign investors buy the properties, they will need a property management company. Somebody that understands the language and culture of those foreign investors could make great profits if the investors see the value you are providing.

As you can see we focused on the opportunity for people that can speak the language and understand that culture.

Any other ideas?

PS: I saw the other videos here http://www.richdad.com/RichDad/RichContent.aspx?cpid=60
I probably will post more of what I get from those later.

Last edited:

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I just finished watching the video portion about Gold, Silver, and Currency crisis.

http://www.richdad.com/RichDad/RichContent.aspx?cpid=63

Very interesting points as well (of course, watch, analyze the information, and get to you own conclusions).

My notes about it:

- there is only 10 years supply of silver
- silver is $15 an ounce
- silver is consumed (used in cell phones, other things, it is used and spent)
- Mexico and Poland (20% of world's supply) have silver
- supply/demand will drive the silver price to keep going up
- gold prices are reflecting a currency crisis
- currency crisis will wipe out middle class
- deficit spending will keep going on in 08
- savers, spenders will be wipe out
- deflation will happen, but in a short period of time, and the fed will flood the market with more dollars, thus more inflation
- European banks will flood the markets with Euros (already did it last year, will do it again)
- 8,000 ounces of silver will buy a median-priced average SFH (just as in 1980)
- no matter who the president is, he/she will have to keep spending, increase the deficit.
- rents will keep going up
- smart money today is in apt buildings and mobile parks
- put your cash in assets that will survive a currency crash; savers will be wipe out
- shares: bulk shipping companies (companies that help moving the goods to the rich countries that are buying today like India, China, Pakistan??)

PS: RK said he just bought a Lambo.... it seems he and MJ will be in the same club :D

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
RK said he owned shares of these companies. I don't recall if he said to buy/hold/sell these. But you can watch the videos yourself and get your own conclusions.

About the recession they said that we are too focused in the US market but there are other markets booming (Australia with their ore iron, a construction boom in China, India and Pakistan --I had no idea about Pakistan, I mean, really?--). He mentioned about the companies moving the goods from the producers (Australia, Brazil) to the consumers (China, India, Pakistan).

piranha526

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 20, 2007
New Jersey
My sister had heart surgery and insurance paid $72 of the $20,000. Now she is in debt and calling me up obviously.
- RK

This guy is such a loser.
  • A. I would have never brought up this story of a close relative, especially my sister.
    B. My sister would be successful enough to pay the bill if what I was teaching truly made others wealthy (yes I know some people just don’t see the way).
    C. I wouldn’t be bragging to the world that my sister has to call me for money because I have it. Does that make him feel better? He's a champ - just like Trump!
Can’t comment on the rest of the video because I turned it off after that statement. I don’t want to be anything like Robert Kiyosaki nor will I ever be. I understand he uses real life analogies to get his point across but he needs serious coaching in this area because the more I hear him, the more he comes off like a dirt bag.

I can't go on because I am beating a dead horse, many of you know how my feelings of RK have changed over the years.

From idol to poseur (an affected or insincere person )!

PurEnergy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 4, 2008
RK "The middle class is TOAST"...hmmmmm....yikes!

I may try to think like the like The Power Elite but when the rubber meets the road, I'm still somewhere in the middle. I'm guessing at least 60% of the country lies somewhere in the middle. It's a pretty vague and bold statement but he may be right.

So how does the counrty function when there is no middle class? What will the U.S. look like? The rich are paying all the taxes already so who cares anyway right. :rofl:

This is not a political post. I'm much more interested in the economics of the situation.

EasyMoney_in_NC

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 9, 2007
Wilmington NC
I would have to agree that RK was a turd for using a family issue like that, and almost bragging that she had to call him to bail her out.......what's that saying for his teaching if the sister isn't on board or he didn't help put her there?........but I digress.

I am no economics study by even a remote sense of the term, but it would seem to me that, in answer to PUR's question, the country doesn't function when the moddle class get wiped out. Look at the great depression of '29 as a guideline. Now my guess is that we (we being not only this country but a world scene) know a bit more than back then and that somehow it won't end up as bad. I'm not sure gold will go to trillions an ounce, but I could see Mike's idea of a couple grand an ounce.
I think the last video where Mike spoke (well all of them really) were gloom/doom "plants".
I'm sure a good portion has some truth to it..........time will tell!

venom

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 6, 2007
The bill for heart surgery is well over 100k . The room bill only would probaly be around 20k.
The man ad libs so much one can only wonders where the BS stops .
I do wonder why so many of you focus on the fact that if this was true...

RKs sister should have money, but no one mentions better insurance.....

Also why would he whine about paying 20k when he is out buying lambo;s

I would not take any of RK's teaching to heart. The best thing to do is if someting makes you think is to research, research and research so more. Especially with people that really have a clue.

Robert

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
When it comes to RK, I'm trying not to throw the baby out with the bath water. Some aspects of RK may not sit well, but that doesn't mean that all of his messages are invalid. I do remember a few years ago when he was saying - - that the RE market was NOT going to last.... and people ignored that. I do believe that the RK overall message about the next few years is atleast worth considering.

There are opportunities out there if one looks at the trends, asks/answers the right questions, and takes action.

• British, Europeans, Canadians spending in the US. What are they buying and how can you help them?
  • Babyboomers retiring..... RVing, Heading South (in the US and South of the Border), Moving into Condos.
  • The Currency Situation. (I read the Dollar Crisis a year or so ago. It is interesting stuff!). What will happen to Metal values? Commodity values?
  • The Foreclosure situation - - how will that effect apartment demand? What will that do to housing prices over the next 10 years? Where is the opportunity there?
  • America is not the only place on the earth. Time to look at the globe?

Who knows what will happen in the future?? No one can ever know exactly, but we can learn from history. In my assessment, many Americans have been lulled into a false sense of security because of the relatively easy lives we have lived. We didn't live through the depression. When things are going well, it is easy to believe it will always be that way. Even when things start hinting that they will change, it is easy to ignore that..... we all want to believe that our economy will stay strong and we will continue to live our cushy American lives. Just as some realtors are in denial about the future of the real estate market, are some Americans in denial about the future of our economy?

I'm not trying to be dooms day here - I'm just saying.... it is worth looking at... and researching from sources that YOU trust. Then, if you think that there is a possibility that our economy and/or our currency is headed for tough times - make some plans.

What is your all-hell-breaks-loose plan?
What is your how-to-profit plan?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.