The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

G

Guest-5ty5s4

@GPM
Gyms.
They suck.
I cancelled my membership at the start of C0VlD. Then my gym went out of business. From bankruptcy they were bought by someone. That new group took the old list and started billing! LOL. I was like "WTF?" - called them, took me like an hour to get through. They canceled and set up refund process.
Then my wife gets billed. I called them again, saying our accounts were linked but both of us are gone. They set up to refund the charge.
Next month I get a refund on my credit card, and then a day later a new charge!!

Seriously? Unreal, right? So I called them again and just lost my shit on the poor lady who picked up the phone...

Can't believe the shit some businesses pull and how hard they make it to be a client. I am now thinking of going back, except for the experience I had...
This happened to me with a property management company for an HOA I was in 2 years ago. I sold the home and started getting bills a year later!

That is the absolute worst.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
Im sure a social media diet would cut it out for now - but at what cost later?

That’s a genuine question too.

At what point and in what way is best to fight back against widespread stupidness.

I used to not care about this stuff as much but I just struggle to see how the next generation will be able to enjoy the freedoms we have.
I agree. I know that it stresses me out tuning into what's going on...but if I completely go dark what would the cost be?

If I had completely put on my blinders I might be stuck in Canada with no way out except to submit to an experimental medical treatment.

Maybe the best way to fight back is to draw your own personal line in the sand and when someone tries to cross it, don't submit no matter what. This widespread stupidness comes from good people doing nothing and allowing it to happen.

Do you want a family? I know I do someday, and I'd want them to have the same opportunities and freedoms that I have.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
My wife's gym won't let her in anymore because she has not gOtTeN ThE jAb, and they are still charging her membership fees and want her to pay a fee to cancel. WTF? How is that remotely legal? They change the rules of their contract and then expect you to pay for it.

* I sent them an email regarding this and I got a canned reply that said that their response time IS TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two weeks to answer an email. Two. Weeks. For an email.
See this is where I would send them a bill for my time, which is larger than their bill to quit, then, when they don’t pay it, I’d sue them just for fun.

We have $120 small claims court petitions here. One of my favorite things about government. One day I got sick of being F*cked over so I decided to start using the system instead of being a victim. Now it’s just fun for me.

This reminds me. I need to quit my gym. I put together a home gym. :rofl:

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I think once all this BS settles and it turns out that forcing those without COVID to quarantine for 2 weeks needlessly, we should all sue the government for those two weeks of lost time.

Sue them and then boot everyone out of office

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I think once all this BS settles and it turns out that forcing those without C0VlD to quarantine for 2 weeks needlessly, we should all sue the government for those two weeks of lost time.

Sue them and then boot everyone out of office
Lol suing the government in their own courts. A terrible conflict of interest.

We should make our own court and sue them and charge them with crimes.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Haha, good luck with that! :rofl:
Dude I heard about this thing that really helps bike racers… I think it’s called blood doping or something along those lines. Maybe it’s something to look into. :rofl:

I’ll take anything! LOL, hook me up brother! Problem is, even doping might not be enough for me.

@Antifragile Wow that sucks.

Once this all ends and I take a road trip to Van, I am taking you out for a beer!

That would be awesome.

And everything you said about Calgary, I am well aware. We have been tracking Calgary as a market to go into for quite some time. It’s been harsh there. We (at the office) called up a few brokers and asking “other than oil, what’s Plan B for Calgary?” The answer was “What plan B?” - so yes, it’s been brutal before COVID, I can’t imagine how much worse it got after. That said, we saw our competitors recently make some big industrial play acquisitions, so we are turning our eye to Calgary again. If I travel there I’ll DM you for that beer ;)

edit: and given everything that’s been happening in Calgary, I’m buying!

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
This reminds me. I need to quit my gym. I put together a home gym.

A squat rack + some barbells + some plates + some dumbbells + a kickboxing bag is a great start that would probably run you less than $3K (hard to tell with inflation anymore though).

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I agree. I know that it stresses me out tuning into what's going on...but if I completely go dark what would the cost be?

If I had completely put on my blinders I might be stuck in Canada with no way out except to submit to an experimental medical treatment.

Maybe the best way to fight back is to draw your own personal line in the sand and when someone tries to cross it, don't submit no matter what. This widespread stupidness comes from good people doing nothing and allowing it to happen.

Do you want a family? I know I do someday, and I'd want them to have the same opportunities and freedoms that I have.
I do have a family, and I focus on trying to bring them up so they can negotiate what life throws at them. I prefer to focus on making a dent in my little corner of the world.

Or another way: I’m responsible for my wards. They have my attention.

Just my 2c and preference.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Is the world burning?

Or I’m just getting older and noticing things more?

Seems like every day the level of “craziness” reaches a new high.

My everyday life is great but increasingly I can’t go anywhere online without feeling things are seriously going in the wrong direction.

Hard to know how much is media manipulation and how much is a real sign of where things are at.

One half wants to fight back while the other half wants to just go live off the grid and not give AF.

Anyone on a similar vibe this year?
I can't even read article comments on an mma site anymore.

Getting rid of facebook and Instagram did me a world of good. I created a dummy facebook account with a slightly similar name and no photos of myself for things like Andys group and a few close friends and fam (like 10 to 15 people).

I still get more than enough info about what's going on but don't get so wound up in that other stuff anymore.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
My wife's gym won't let her in anymore because she has not gOtTeN ThE jAb, and they are still charging her membership fees and want her to pay a fee to cancel. WTF? How is that remotely legal? They change the rules of their contract and then expect you to pay for it.

* I sent them an email regarding this and I got a canned reply that said that their response time IS TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two weeks to answer an email. Two. Weeks. For an email.
I've noticed that no lock in contracts are now becoming more popular and advertised, even with chains (Australia). Those crazy gym employees that used to harrass people and lock them in to 12 month contracts can EAD.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I created a dummy facebook account with a slightly similar name and no photos of myself for things like Andys group and a few close friends and fam (like 10 to 15 people).
Ah, and then I shutdown that Facebook group. Sorry Matt!

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Watch William Shatner's first remarks back on Earth

View: https://youtu.be/jstD4tIuRuI

Then Watch Carl Sagan's Pale Blue Dot

View: https://youtu.be/wupToqz1e2g
Amazing comments from William Shatner there. So that’s what someone looks like when their mind is blown.

It’s a shame the other people didn’t realise there was an interview going on behind them that was going to be seen around the world, for years to come. Next time they should take people aside and get that first reaction close up on camera. Amazing video.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
See this is where I would send them a bill for my time, which is larger than their bill to quit, then, when they don’t pay it, I’d sue them just for fun.

We have $120 small claims court petitions here. One of my favorite things about government. One day I got sick of being f*cked over so I decided to start using the system instead of being a victim. Now it’s just fun for me.

This aged well.

There’s a court petition on my printer.

:rofl::thumbsdown:

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
This aged well.

There’s a court petition on my printer.

:rofl::thumbsdown:
My brother is also quitting the same gym. He said he’s going to call them tomorrow and tell them he died. :rofl:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
My brother is also quitting the same gym. He said he’s going to call them tomorrow and tell them he died. :rofl:
That won’t help. Half their members are dead. :rofl:

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
I read the art of seduction a couple of years ago as an aid to try be more charismatic rather than affect relationships. Kinda regret knowing some of the knowledge and being wise to the effect of some actions I naturally take in relationships have though. I just want to be alone but if I tell someone I want to be alone it makes them want my attention and company more. If I ignore them they desire me more than if I give a negative response. Ugh

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I read the art of seduction a couple of years ago as an aid to try be more charismatic rather than affect relationships. Kinda regret knowing some of the knowledge and being wise to the effect of some actions I naturally take in relationships have though. I just want to be alone but if I tell someone I want to be alone it makes them want my attention and company more. If I ignore them they desire me more than if I give a negative response. Ugh
What did the book say would lead to them ignoring you? Do that.

I’m guessing that means hounding them and bugging them, lol

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Someone who says “I am busy” is either declaring incompetence (and lack of control of his life) or trying to get rid of you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.