The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
As a parent of two young boys (3 and 6) I can attest to this.

What works for me lately is exercise in the morning. Before the kids and wife get out of bed, between 06:30 and 07:00am I go for a 3,5km run every other day. I never really liked running but I have been able to slowly increase the distance to 3.5km. I want to work my way up to 5km. The 3.5km run only takes me about 20 minutes and I feel great afterwards.

Then, the same day I run and around 11am I do a 15 minutes exercise on a yoga mat to strengthen my core and upper body. Together with the running (legs) my whole body feels strong. Please note that I'm tall and thin so I'm not exercising to control my weight.

So together that's only 35 minutes of exercise and enough for my body. I guess you'll have to find the right balance that works for your body.
I work so late that getting up early and going for a run just doesn’t suit. I’ll figure it out.

3 and 6 eh? Mayhem!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Has anybody played the Cashflow game by Robert Kiyosaki?

It's so enticing, but it seems sooo unrealistic. Or is it?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Question: Does "UNSUBSCRIBE" on real spam actually work? I'm not talking about mailing lists you geniunely subscribed to, but that non-stop spam that you never requested or opted into...
Its a trick spammers do. If you hit "unsubcribe" it will mean that there is living person behind the screen and they will post to this address more emails.

Did you watch the first Robocop?
There was a scene where autonomous police machine went rogue and killed someone in the room.
Will try to find some pics or video.

Edit:
Here it is
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UNJNH7UFjU

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

A country without manufacturing is a country at risk of death, because if other countries won't work with you, you have nothing.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
A country without manufacturing is a country at risk of death, because if other countries won't work with you, you have nothing.

Some countries, most notably small island nations, don't have that luxury due to limitations in land, geography, etc. Other countries will still work with you if you're a great tourist destination or can offer something they don't have. But definitely a tougher spot to be in if 1/3 of your economy relies on one sector.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Some countries, most notably small island nations, don't have that luxury due to limitations in land, geography, etc. Other countries will still work with you if you're a great tourist destination or can offer something they don't have. But definitely a tougher spot to be in if 1/3 of your economy relies on one sector.
It’s one thing to be a tiny island nation.

It’s another thing to be the largest GDP country in the world and unable to produce your own goods.

Yikes

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

I've only ever played their online Cashflow game on their website....and yeah, while you can learn the basics of buying property and stocks and other assets, there's lots of other real-life stuff that gets missed out.

For property, that might be additional paperwork fees...or even renovation costs (if you wanna rent it out, the game card simply says you buy the property for $X...and that's that).

For stocks...no price charts (which I now consider crucial after actually traded stocks in real life) and no FA reports. The game just give you events like 'Oh, stock X has hit $1 because of bad news' or 'Oh, stock Y has hit $5 because of good news'.

Rarely does good news always lead to a price jump. Profit-taking can cut the stock down, and even bad news might see a rally because folks think the bad has been priced in. As for dividends...it doesn't mention corrections after ex-div.

But its a good game for kids who totally have no idea about investing in general.

One good thing is that the game starts out with your character having debt and a limited income to start with...so you have to make a strategy to make the most of your resources. Much more realistic for most of us...you don't start out with a magical fortune like Monopoly does.

I do wonder how the Cashflow 202 game works though with options. Can you do theta gang strategies or just blow the bucks on WSB-styled calls? :rofl: How would the game register theta decay?

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

I've only ever played their online Cashflow game on their website....and yeah, while you can learn the basics of buying property and stocks and other assets, there's lots of other real-life stuff that gets missed out.

For property, that might be additional paperwork fees...or even renovation costs (if you wanna rent it out, the game card simply says you buy the property for $X...and that's that).

For stocks...no price charts (which I now consider crucial after actually traded stocks in real life) and no FA reports. The game just give you events like 'Oh, stock X has hit $1 because of bad news' or 'Oh, stock Y has hit $5 because of good news'.

Rarely does good news always lead to a price jump. Profit-taking can cut the stock down, and even bad news might see a rally because folks think the bad has been priced in. As for dividends...it doesn't mention corrections after ex-div.

But its a good game for kids who totally have no idea about investing in general.

One good thing is that the game starts out with your character having debt and a limited income to start with...so you have to make a strategy to make the most of your resources. Much more realistic for most of us...you don't start out with a magical fortune like Monopoly does.

I do wonder how the Cashflow 202 game works though with options. Can you do theta gang strategies or just blow the bucks on WSB-styled calls? :rofl: How would the game register theta decay?
Very good points! My thoughts as well.

Id like to try the real physical board game because I’ve only played the online version.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Very good points! My thoughts as well.

Id like to try the real physical board game because I’ve only played the online version.
Lol, I went to play Cashflow Online game just for fun...

I picked a small deal halfway thru the game...it says 'Stock M price has dropped to $1 because of bad news'

1632410581558.png

I just sold a house earlier, so I just buy 10,000 shares at once.

Then I roll the dice, leading me to the next small deal:

'Stock M has reached $30 because of a strong market for its electronics'
1632410437573.png
So $10,000 to $318,000 in a few seconds...is Cashflow teaching me to be a WSB gambler/daytrader??? :rofl:
This is how you break the game lol

Attachments

• 1632410389674.png
    1632410389674.png
    594.8 KB · Views: 1

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

Pretty sure Fox had a thread on this in like Jul 2020

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
Can anyone recommend a course to help me learn some basics of coding? I'm looking to hire a developer for some things but I would like to have just a small amount of knowledge behind me so I know when I'm being taken advantage of. There's so much out there that it's a little overwhelming. Mainly looking to get into web scraping, SAAS, and helping to automate some of my work processes. TIA

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
My Twitter posts are like a fart in the wind, I’m the middle of a desert, with no one around.
I want them to be like a fart in the elevator, impossible to ignore.
Any advice?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
My Twitter posts are like a fart in the wind, I’m the middle of a desert, with no one around.
I want them to be like a fart in the elevator, impossible to ignore.
Any advice?

Be:
  • unpredictable,
  • weird,
  • funny,
  • controversial,
  • a sexy blonde babe with big boobs.
If you can provide some examples of your easy to ignore tweets then maybe we can brainstorm how to make them impossible to ignore.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Clearly that's not a solution, they already stink.
Actually, by smellier, I meant make them get more attention.

Controversial replies to popular tweets, humorous replies, etc. will always get you a lot of attention.

When a fart in an elevator smells REALLY bad - everyone notices it. It's impossible to ignore.

This is literally how celebrities get famous. Look at the outfits they wear on the red carpet.

Last edited by a moderator:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

OSLO, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Norway will reopen society on Saturday, the government said, ending its coronavirus-curbing restrictions, which have limited social interaction and hobbled many businesses.

The Nordic nation joins a small but growing number of countries, including Denmark and Britain, which have removed all domestic restrictions limiting the spread of the coronavirus.

"It is 561 days since we introduced the toughest measures in Norway in peacetime ... Now the time has come to return to a normal daily life," Prime Minister Erna Solberg told a news conference.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA

Please SEARCH before posting.