The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Isn't that strategy mentioned on your YouTube channel some years ago?

Yes.

I haven't looked deeply into this concept linked below, but it sounds similar. Not sure if there is any reverse engineering going on in that system.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
I meant does it help us to stay on track of our goals, I know it’s too soon for the strategy to actually show the results
The fact that you're asking about a strategy with a 10 year time horizon in a book that was released 6 weeks ago tells me that you don't really understand how the strategy works

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Herd immoonity.

GDrR3Td.jpeg

I read a blog on milk pasteurization a while back that said that a lot of farms used pasteurization as a bandaid solution to cover up how filthy their farms were.

I'd prefer my cattle with fewer pharmaceuticals, with better feed, and cleaner living conditions.

Which lines up with how I feel about the medical industry - they don't give a F*ck about the biggest issues. F*ck you PPHD.

View: https://twitter.com/Ardeamus/status/1419376357004349444

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
If you know. You know. lol

RR273mh.jpg

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Just got off an international first-class plane trip. You’d think that there’d be less kids screaming and crying… If I wanted to hear all of that, I would’ve stayed in economy.

I think it would be an improvement if when you’re selecting your plane seat, you can see whether or not there will be a baby or child near you. That way you can avoid that area.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
If you haven’t heard of NSO’s “Pegasus” spyware you should look it up.

A couple of things stand out to me. The biggest of which is that they are selling this to governments around the world. Governments that are no doubt making them sign super tight nondisclosures. It wouldn‘t surprise me if the US government, by way of the NSA, was working on implementing Pegasus and having back door access to every phone in America.

It can infiltrate the iPhones and androids of even the most security conscious without even clicking something. Right now it sounds like it goes through what’s app and iMessage. It goes without saying, delete WhatsApp and turn off iMessage, for now.

Once it is in your phone, it literally can do anything. Listen, watch, steal your information.

Right now there’s not much we can do, but remember that Apple has been telling even the world governments to piss off for years. They have a great track record for privacy. They’ll patch it, but it isn’t patched yet. Keep your stuff updated.

Last edited:

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
I disabled all Windows telemetry and the privacy stuff from my PC. I moved to Brave browser, and I'm using DuckDuckGo. I'm also going to move from Gmail to Protonmail soon.

I'd move to Linux, but man, I'm not ready to give up videogame nights with friends. Rough life.

On an unrelated note, don't these look awful and overpriced? Could you do something similar but better with a raspberry? Random idea lol.

I've seen this outlining how it could be made. Maybe I'll try to build one for myself just for the heck of it. I'm awful at manual things, so it'll be a great learning experience.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I called a customer to get updated information from them earlier.

"Hey y'all do business with us all the time but we need updated information. Can I get the phone number and email address for your department?"

Her: "Ummm can you verify the physical address of your business?"

*I say it correctly*

Her: "Ok and what do you want?"

"A phone number and email address."

"What do you have on file right now?"

"Nothing. It was set up a long time ago."

Her: "With the amount of fraud going around I can't tell you anything."

I was literally calling from our company phone number. They've been customers of ours for many, many years.

The girl on the phone has probably worked there for very little time comparatively.

Geez I hate shit like that.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I disabled all Windows telemetry and the privacy stuff from my PC. I moved to Brave browser, and I'm using DuckDuckGo. I'm also going to move from Gmail to Protonmail soon.

I'd move to Linux, but man, I'm not ready to give up videogame nights with friends. Rough life.

On an unrelated note, don't these look awful and overpriced? Could you do something similar but better with a raspberry? Random idea lol.

I've seen this outlining how it could be made. Maybe I'll try to build one for myself just for the heck of it. I'm awful at manual things, so it'll be a great learning experience.
About once a year, I get up the courage to try linux because everyone says it’s sooooooo fricking much better, and I get the distribution that everyone likes and I install it on usually my laptop first.

Probably 5 years in a row, it’s uninstalled the same day. It’s garbage as far as I’m concerned.

Obviously I have NordVPN as a sponsor to the show, but I actually have been a paying customer to Nord for years. You can be pretty anonymous online with the right strategies.

DDG is my default search engine on everything. I use Brave as my default browser. I have it set to only private browsing so cookies and other identifying markers are destroyed every time I open it.

I use Proton Mail for some things. I use Telegram and Signal whenever possible. I have my messages set on everything to auto delete after 30 days.

I use 2FA on everything I can and I have giant ridiculous passwords.

I know my big privacy hole though:

Gmail, and Google Photos. Two services I really like.

Also, MileIQ (Microsoft) tracks my driving by design, I don’t know how to deal with that one.

It comes down to which company to trust with your data. Overall, Apple has been the company I trust most. Google, least. Microsoft somewhere in the middle, big security conscious companies using their computers makes me feel better about it.

If we don’t pick one, we are going to be severely limited in communication.

Last edited:

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Does anyone know akinator? It basically tries to guess anything you think of, people say it's hard to beat it. I tried MJ DeMarco. Spent an hour, akinator lost at least a dozen times. What a waste of time lol

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Does anyone know akinator? It basically tries to guess anything you think of, people say it's hard to beat it. I tried MJ DeMarco. Spent an hour, akinator lost at least a dozen times. What a waste of time lol
yes, it's a very cool game.

It's like, crowd-sourced AI.

Basically you lead it towards a person or character and if it gets it wrong, you type in the correct answer, and after enough people do that same path and type in the same thing, it slowly develops its own understanding of it.

There are probably only a handful of the same authors that people think of on there, usually. Especially since many of the users are children.

I tested it a few times with some obscure but semi-famous athletes like swimmers (record holders) and that was interesting.

(and no, I don't mean Michael Phelps. That's the #1 most obvious person for swimming)

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Before you have kids, you should build a strong community around you. Friends, family, and miscellaneous other acquaintances (tutors, helpers, etc).

It's much, much easier to raise kids when you have several people coordinating. If you and your friends have kids around the time, then your friends can babysit your kids while you go on date nights & vice versa.

It's also massively important to have people to call on when emergencies inevitably happen (kid eats something that they shouldn't, parent ends up in the hospital, etc).

And you should live close enough to these people.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Did you see Kanye West’s “DONDA” listening party in Atlanta? The legendary artist reportedly generated more than $1 million in ticket revenue with just 72 hours notice, 0 promotion, and no actual performance. It’s surprising what you can pull off when you have a cult following like Kanye.

via today's issue of The Publish Press

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Came across this article, was an interesting read for me. Talks about the world shaping towards Serfdom and Neo-feudalism.

How Climate, C0VlD-19 and the Great Reset Are Taking Us Back to the Middle Ages | C2C Journal

Enjoy!

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Wow. Not surprising.

America’s unvaxinated Big Cities

“The people who aren’t getting vaxinated are Trump voters” is an oversimplification. Yes, broadly speaking, those who are unvaxinated and who adamantly refuse to get vaxinated are more likely to have voted for Trump or self-identify as Republicans, and the data indicate that more Republican-leaning states and areas have lower vaccination rates. But significant percentages of the residents of the deepest-blue cities in America are still unvaxinated, and simple math demonstrates that there just aren’t enough Trump voters around to make up the not-yet-vaxinated-and-in-no-hurry demographic in those places.

For example, as of this weekend, 41 percent of New York City residents were not vaxinated. Trump won 22 percent of the vote in NYC.

• In Chicago, 43 percent of residents are not vaxinated. Trump carried 24 percent of the vote in Cook County.
  • In the city of San Francisco, about a quarter of residents are not vaxinated. Trump carried about 12 percent of the vote in the city last year.
  • In Los Angeles County, just under 30 percent of residents are not vaxinated; Trump won 26.8 percent in 2020.
  • In Maricopa County, Arizona, which includes Phoenix, 52 percent of residents are not vaxinated; Trump won 48 percent of the vote there in 2020.
  • In Harris County, Texas, which includes Houston, about 48 percent are not vaxinated; Trump won 43 percent in that county in 2020.
  • In Philadelphia, Pa., about 37 percent of residents are unvaxinated. Trump won 17.9 percent of the vote there in 2020.
  • In Multnomah County, which includes Portland, Ore., just under 63 percent have at least one dose, meaning that 37 percent are unvaxinated. Trump won under 18 percent in that county in 2020.
  • In Milwaukee County in Wisconsin, 61.6 percent have at least one dose, meaning 38.4 percent are unvaxinated. Trump won 29.4 percent of the vote in 2020.
  • Detroit has vaxinated just under 40 percent of its residents; Trump carried 5 percent of the vote in that city.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Now is the best time to be alive - don't let anyone try to convince you otherwise.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

NCNY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2019
If you haven’t heard of NSO’s “Pegasus” spyware you should look it up.

A couple of things stand out to me. The biggest of which is that they are selling this to governments around the world. Governments that are no doubt making them sign super tight nondisclosures. It wouldn‘t surprise me if the US government, by way of the NSA, was working on implementing Pegasus and having back door access to every phone in America.

It can infiltrate the iPhones and androids of even the most security conscious without even clicking something. Right now it sounds like it goes through what’s app and iMessage. It goes without saying, delete WhatsApp and turn off iMessage, for now.

Once it is in your phone, it literally can do anything. Listen, watch, steal your information.

Right now there’s not much we can do, but remember that Apple has been telling even the world governments to piss off for years. They have a great track record for privacy. They’ll patch it, but it isn’t patched yet. Keep your stuff updated.

The whatsapp and iMessage were the only backdoors that were published. The NSO guys hire some crazy-good programmers right out of the IDF where they do the same thing. If someone powerful wants to get into your android/apple they will and there is nothing you can do unless you go without a cellphone.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
The whatsapp and iMessage were the only backdoors that were published. The NSO guys hire some crazy-good programmers right out of the IDF where they do the same thing. If someone powerful wants to get into your android/apple they will and there is nothing you can do unless you go without a cellphone.
Indeed. However, Pegasus did pose a threat to a wider net of people. They certainly made it easier for the government to spend a lot less money and gain access. The cool part is that every time something like this happens, it’s pretty temporary.

I normally switch back and forth between apple and android every year, but went with android for a couple of years straight. Right now, I am really happy with my iPhone 12 Pro Max.

NCNY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2019
Indeed. However, Pegasus did pose a threat to a wider net of people. They certainly made it easier for the government to spend a lot less money and gain access. The cool part is that every time something like this happens, it’s pretty temporary.

I normally switch back and forth between apple and android every year, but went with android for a couple of years straight. Right now, I am really happy with my iPhone 12 Pro Max.

They use multiple zero-day exploits meaning apple and android developers don't even know there is a problem to patch. There are millions of dollars on the line (maybe billions?) and the sole reason for this companies to exist is to find and exploit new ways to hack into phones and other devices...

Israeli tech entrepreneurship at its finest, lol.

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
Report such a vulnerability to Google or Apple, and you get a one-time 5 digit reward at best.

Make a business out of it and sell them to governments, and you make 7+ digits.

I'm not saying that the right thing to do and karma may bite you back, but there is a huge market for it.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

When you work for a company, getting promoted (or even getting to the executive level) can come down to 2 things most people don't ever consider:

1. Care about the success of the company. For real - nobody is ever going to be put in a position of leadership if they haven't demonstrated a commitment to make the company money. If you slack, don't pay attention, or don't care, forget about ever being a CEO or high level person. Company problems must be your problems.

2. Trustworthiness - I can't stress this enough. If there is even the slightest chance you would take office supplies home or lie or do something for your own benefit that hurts the company, you can forget about ever seeing a management position. We're talking about positions where you could be responsible for P&L, or have access to financial information, passwords, and more. They don't let just anybody have all that info!

(we had a laborer who would piss on the walls in the bathroom on purpose. Think he's in the running for a management spot?)

I know this isn't for "fastlane entrepreneurs," but this is important in business and for all employees. In some cases, you might actually become the entrepreneur by finding a spot like above - might even apply when buying out an existing biz.

And, if you are a successful fastlaner, you will eventually have employees. These are traits to watch out for.

xy2_

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
335%
Mar 26, 2020
France
Report such a vulnerability to Google or Apple, and you get a one-time 5 digit reward at best.

Make a business out of it and sell them to governments, and you make 7+ digits.

I'm not saying that the right thing to do and karma may bite you back, but there is a huge market for it.

There's Zerodium, a business that buys vulnerabilities and sells them to governments.

Some of the bounties offered to the researchers, up to 2.5M$ for a single vuln: ZERODIUM - How to Sell Your Zero-Day (0day) Exploit to ZERODIUM

And a quote from their contact page:
Solutions and Services

To receive more information about our cybersecurity capabilities, please contact us using your official government/corporate email address to:
file2.png

Note: Access to our solutions is highly restricted and is limited to a very small number of government organizations. We follow a very strict due diligence and vetting process for clients and we do not have any sales partners or resellers, meaning that our solutions are only available through our direct sales channel.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Sometimes I hate being skinny. I recently lost 2-3 pant sizes, and still weight the same (thanks cleaner diet and exercise!). That puts me in a pretty small waist size which I am not going to say because I find it embarrassing to say out loud. However, finding shorts and such in this size is BRUTAL!!! Everything seems to be 34 and larger to be in any quantity. Get down to my size and its like 2 pairs to choose from that have been on the shelf since 1990.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.