The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
skeptical, but at the same time it's SOMEWHAT true.
It seems that whatever feelings one is feeling most of the time it leaves marks on how he/she looks (including Karens )
Also it would explain why some people have "intuition" about others just by their looks or way of speaking.

I mean.. when America falls.. where do you go?

Australia, it gotta be Australia..

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
The future of dating is: who needs dating?!

Basically make a selfie, upload it and AI will know who is your best match.
Of course to get best match you'll have to pay $49.99
If you want second place match, $14.99 will do.

Researchers say this AI can judge your personality from selfies alone – By Matthew Griffin Futurist and Keynote Speaker

As i said, who needs dating anyway?!

edit.
You won't be breaking with anyone anymore, you'll be asking for a refund.

Those assisted online dating services seem like a crappy knockoffs of arranged marriages. At least most people's parents love them - tech companies don't.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
I posted on the COVID thread but that thread is on ignore by some many members, thought I would post this here as well.

This is related to COVID19 but slightly off topic. Does anyone have any legitimate sources on the cost that businesses are spending to retrofit their operations to be COVID19 compliant? I'm specifically referring to those plastic shields in between employees and customers, 6 foot stickers on the ground in stores and bank lobbies, signage, etc? I'm looking for just a rough dollar figure.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I posted on the COVID thread but that thread is on ignore by some many members, thought I would post this here as well.

Good question, for large stores with large footprints, it had to be expensive.

Boo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 6, 2018

Plastic shields on counters go for about $50 a piece, they actually aren't that expensive.

Small "stand here" stickers go for $5 a piece. Using 5 per store, so $25.

Big directional floor stickers cost us about $60 per piece and we used 1 per location.

Larger window clings with instructions on how to shop cost roughly $40.

It's actually not been expensive at all for us to make this happen. The vast majority of these materials are just a special paper that has a light glue on the back. Not complex or unique at all.

All of the plastic is just clear acrylic which is stupid cheap and they cut out small holes for payment terminals to fit through etc.

Most expensive cost for us in this regard is giving each staff member 2 masks per day + providing big bottles of hand sanitizers for staff and all customers to use regularly.

Rough total I'd say around $200 per store, upfront all-in sounds about right. Ongoing costs are maybe $400/month for masks, sanitizer etc We've also paid for cleaning company to come in regularly and 'sanitize' the store which isn't cheap

becks22

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
@Boo thank you for this. I'm thinking if you sum all of that together, I bet businesses will be spending roughly 15 million in the US over the next 6 months. However, I'm trying to find a source to use in a presentation.

Boo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 6, 2018
@Boo thank you for this. I'm thinking if you sum all of that together, I bet businesses will be spending roughly 15 million in the US over the next 6 months. However, I'm trying to find a source to use in a presentation.

That seems super super low. If there's 1 million retail stores in USA and each spends $400 per month, you'd be looking at 2.4 billion $ in 6 months. My guess, it's probably much much higher than that. Our stores are low staff to customer ratio, compared to most retail. Meaning most retail locations will have higher costs for PPE etc. This doesn't even get into restaurants etc where the cost will be magnitudes higher

becks22

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
Even better! I was thinking 50-100 Million easily but without a legitimate source, at least I could say 15 million and probably no one would bat an eye. Thanks! Just want to arm myself with some knowledge before next week.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I'm wondering why the F*ck we shut down the entire country for months, just to now allow mass gatherings of people while coronavirus numbers are accelerating.

Chicago and other major cities have been packed the past few days with massive protests leading to riots later in the night.

If you look up articles on coronavirus and protests, the overwhelming bullshit bullshit is that "we need to risk the virus in order to curb police brutality."

Ok... but these issues of social justice (which I would argue don't exist in significant numbers, but that's a different topic), these issues are more important than the economy and people's livelihoods?

There's only two conclusions:

1. Coronavirus is all bullshit - and I'm pissed that we wasted the last 3.5 months shutting down the economy and putting a lot of my friends on the brink of collapse. Or...
2. Coronavirus is a real threat - in which case why the F*ck are we wasting 3.5 months invested into these idiotic gatherings that will spread the virus at rapid rates throughout the U.S.?

I think what I'm most pissed about is the mental fatigue from all this.

Sitting in Chicago for months at end when I want to be abroad, now having a 9pm curfew like I'm 12 years old... and for what?

Not gonna get into politics on the protests, but also pissed at the way these rioters are acting.

I was talking to a successful business owner that has 30ish retail locations in Chicago. Half of them are in malls and have been closed. The other half, he hasn't been able to make rent on consistently waiting for everything to reopen... and now before it's going to reopen, over ten of his stores have been hit and looted. Not only did he lose 4 months of operations, but on top of that he's had his entire inventory wiped out. For a product business owner myself, I understand how drastic that can be. Six figures per store gone + all the time it's going to take to restock and reshelve... but how the F*ck are you going to restock if there's not enough cash? Another loan? How many F*cking loans are you going to have to take to account for other people's bullshit?

I'll end my rant there. Getting tired with all this. Need a vacation.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Cheerleading monopoly... who knew?

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Has anybody seen the 1996 documentary “money masters”? Kind of old school animation but the info is gold.

I watched it a long time ago and I’m watching it again. It made me realize that this is probably the best documentary on money and central banking.

Do you know what a tally stick is?

"The central bank scam is really a hidden tax. The nation sells bonds to the central bank to pay for things that it does not have the political will to raise taxes to pay for. But the bonds are purchased with money the central bank creates out of nothing. More money in circulation makes your money worth less. The government gets as much money as it needs, and the people pay for it in inflation. The beauty of the plan is that not one person in a thousand can figure it out, because it's usually hidden behind complex-sounding 'economics' gibberish."

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uUy9ErVwpQk

Tethys

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 28, 2020
Chicago
I was talking to a successful business owner that has 30ish retail locations in Chicago. Half of them are in malls and have been closed. The other half, he hasn't been able to make rent on consistently waiting for everything to reopen... and now before it's going to reopen, over ten of his stores have been hit and looted. Not only did he lose 4 months of operations, but on top of that he's had his entire inventory wiped out. For a product business owner myself, I understand how drastic that can be. Six figures per store gone + all the time it's going to take to restock and reshelve... but how the F*ck are you going to restock if there's not enough cash? Another loan? How many F*cking loans are you going to have to take to account for other people's bullshit?

I'll end my rant there. Getting tired with all this. Need a vacation.

I'm thinking that some businesses that got hit by looters won't even try to rebuild. For example, the Macy's on State Street had every window smashed out and every single item of merchandise inside was taken. They were already doing construction on that building to renovate and it's all been destroyed. That was the historic Marshall Field's building and it's just now boarded up. I know that several department stores weren't doing so well financially before the shutdown/looting and this will surely be the end for some. The looting has nothing to do with the protests - it's just mindless destruction. All the retail employees who were employed at stores who got hit now can't go back to work. It's very tragic.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
If anyone thought that Alexa and Google Assistant have some new technology ...meh it was around since 90ies !
RFC 2324 - Hyper Text Coffee Pot Control Protocol (HTCPCP/1.0)

Excerpt:
5.2 Crossing firewalls
In most organizations HTTP traffic crosses firewalls fairly easily.
Modern coffee pots do not use fire. However, a "firewall" is useful
for protection of any source from any manner of heat, and not just
fire. Every home computer network SHOULD be protected by a firewall
from sources of heat. However, remote control of coffee pots is
important from outside the home. Thus, it is important that HTCPCP
cross firewalls easily.
:D

Donkky12

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
May 28, 2020
Australia/Singapore
I joined this forum not long ago and this site is like a large library with the amount of knowledge shared. Thankful for everyone's generosity in sharing with a selfless attitude and in turn, making this community as amazing as it is.

On a side note - my facebook is aware of me slowly trying to absorb all the wealth of information here, and is now filled with sponsored ads of "gurus giving their book for free". Nevertheless, with continuous pursuit of knowledge and action, I believe I can distinguish the real gurus from the ones that take advantage of sidewalkers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted78083

I joined this forum not long ago and this site is like a large library with the amount of knowledge shared. Thankful for everyone's generosity in sharing with a selfless attitude and in turn, making this community as amazing as it is.

On a side note - my facebook is aware of me slowly trying to absorb all the wealth of information here, and is now filled with sponsored ads of "gurus giving their book for free". Nevertheless, with continuous pursuit of knowledge and action, I believe I can distinguish the real gurus from the ones that take advantage of sidewalkers.

Actually, there is a thread for that! Search "fake guru" by lex deville

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Wow, I used to be 210/215 pounds...lately with this corona lock down stuff since I'm not in jail (work) anymore I've been working out, first time in my life where I've made it a habit......

I'm ******* 170 pounds now! Holy crap, it's quite shocking to since my diet is absolutely horrible, I haven't put in that much effort into my diet.... dam, just wanted to share and brag about it :D

Still got a big gut and am aiming for maybe 150ish pounds, funny since my goal was to be 185 for the summer, yet totally killed that....

IF ANYONE IS STRUGGLING TO LOSE WEIGHT, START RUNNING HILLS While the dieting part helps it's not as important as getting out there, can't imagine what my results would be if I'd actually count calories!

Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Has anybody seen the 1996 documentary “money masters”? Kind of old school animation but the info is gold.

I watched it a long time ago and I’m watching it again. It made me realize that this is probably the best documentary on money and central banking.

Do you know what a tally stick is?

"The central bank scam is really a hidden tax. The nation sells bonds to the central bank to pay for things that it does not have the political will to raise taxes to pay for. But the bonds are purchased with money the central bank creates out of nothing. More money in circulation makes your money worth less. The government gets as much money as it needs, and the people pay for it in inflation. The beauty of the plan is that not one person in a thousand can figure it out, because it's usually hidden behind complex-sounding 'economics' gibberish."

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uUy9ErVwpQk
I was very bought into this ten years ago and had bought precious metal bullions for investment.

Besides the monetary history of it, there are also current issues that exacerbate the Vulnerability Of the current global fiat based Monetary system.

-All countries are still printing like Mad
-The current gold price is manipulated and suppressed by the financial market mechanism.
-Nobody knows how much gold Russia and China has, probably a lot more than what they declared
-Is there still gold in Fortnox? No One knows.

But there are always two sides on the coins. Over the years I have learnt to see the other side as well.

-As much as you dislike fractional reserve banking, it is still a market necessity, as credit is also a form of money. Depositors want convenience of withdrawal for transactions. How would you like it when you want to withdraw money from the bank and the bank tells you :” Sorry Sir your money is not available as it has been lent out.”

-No government like gold. As much as the goldbug community likes it, I am sure China and Russia enjoy the state monopolies of paper money too.

- We do not know how much money today is debt money or debt free. There was a theory that “all money today us debt” which by nature is highly deflationary. The opposite is true, by and large fiat today is inflationary with brief episodes of Sharp asset price deflation. All countries have different rules and mechanism on how their paper money is created into existance.

D

Deleted78083

Amazon Faces EU Antitrust Charges Over Its Treatment Of Third-Party Sellers, Report Says

If your product on amazon was ever copied by amazon and sold at half the price, this might be a bit cheering for you.

One of the rare thing the EU does well: fining (more than breaking) monopolies.

On a completely unrelated note, EU-China trade is worth about €560 billion...per year! Let's say 20€ million is enough for you to retire, that's 0.003571428 % of that trade...over one year only!! If you divide that by 7 years, that makes 0.000510204% of "trade share" per year, or 0.00000510204. That's "all" that is required for you to get 20 million in 7 years: get a market share equal to 0.00000510204 of EU-China yearly trade.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
One of the rare thing the EU does well: fining (more than breaking) monopolies.
Ha ha! That's good point :)

€560 billion...per year!
Thats alot, i wonder how that breaks down into segments. And how much of this comes from aliexpress alone ;)

D

Deleted78083

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Ask and you shall be given
Thanks for the link!
It seems that China is heavy exporter of electronics plus telco equipment, and EU is heavy on anything that has a motor.

Most_traded_products_between_EU-27_and_China%2C_2019.png

And you wouldn't believe 4'th biggest import:
Europe imports ~$12 billion worth of 'baby carriages'. rlol.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
To continue my last post, I still can't do a pull up, super weak.. new goal of mine is to do 10 pull ups & make 10 grand by the end of the summer....not sure which I'll do first, but both seem realistic.

Lets go!

I've got about 20ish pounds to lose or so, googled what 20p of fat looks like...

Probably would get rid of my belly...

Update in a couple months :D

Last edited:

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Which states have the greatest "Entrepreneurial Spirit"
3038731-inline-i-2-bw1-entrepreneurial-personality-map-copy.png

Last edited:

becks22

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
Can someone help me find a thread? I've tried searching every word I can think of but nothing.

It was a user who started a system kind of like a franchise service to potential wedding photographers so they could learn how to get work and into the wedding industry? Any one?
View: https://media.giphy.com/media/26n6WywJyh39n1pBu/giphy.gif

View: https://gph.is/2uH36zK

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Can someone help me find a thread? I've tried searching every word I can think of but nothing.

It was a user who started a system kind of like a franchise service to potential wedding photographers so they could learn how to get work and into the wedding industry? Any one?
View: https://media.giphy.com/media/26n6WywJyh39n1pBu/giphy.gif

View: https://gph.is/2uH36zK

I think that was the bigger pockets podcast, someone posted the video here. Can't find that thread, but here's the link...

Both referred to TMF as their "bible"!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.