The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
It might be a conflict if it’s on @MJ DeMarco s dumpster list. :rofl:

They’re a pain in the a$$ for him.
Hmm..

Introducing!

Introvite!

Are you an introvert and have a whole fan base behind your back, and they want to have a huge hangout?

Trust me, I know what a pain in the a$$ it is, so thats why I created introvite!

We'll organize the entire meetup, and you can sit back and fantasize about how amazing it’ll be!

Who will plan your meet up? The one and only….

Billy McFarland!!

Only for 5 payments of $19,999, we’ll organize you a one of a kind hangout!

No refunds, Introvite™ is responsible for no sorts of issues and or mistakes, if any questions, please reach out to our support team who are a wonderful team of random people getting paid $15 an hour, and hardly speak English, and will be with you in 26 minutes.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Can't believe that grifter is rebooting that nonsense with a Frye Festival 2 in 2024. Our world is ridiculous.

Complete with billions in free publicity.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is it worth doing more to try and get my money back?

Yes, tell them you will dispute the charge on your credit card.

Your bank will refund you.

And when the bank does, they will charge Elementor a chargeback fee ($25-$30) on top of the refund.

So threaten them with a chargeback.

I forgot to cancel Elementor Pro. They send me an email today saying my card was charged. $99 gone. Sucks but it's not too big a deal.

I sent a request to cancel my subscription, turned off auto-renew, and told them that they got me. Then they had the nerve to send me this:

Wow, that tells me everything I need to know about this company. What a scammy policy.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I told them that I will initiate the dispute process with the credit card on file. I'll actually do it if I get another email in response telling me why they can't give me a refund lol

Ah yes, the Ignorning Policy of Customer Service -- good news, it will cost them $25 on top of the refund. F*ck them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Ah yes, the Ignorning Policy of Customer Service -- good news, it will cost them $25 on top of the refund. F*ck them.

Sometimes a CS agent will ask me if I should give a refund and my answer is almost always yes. I think of it like this: if they're actually unsatisfied and they get a refund, they tell people about their experience. One time a review came in "I love your product but hate your company". That pissed me off. If someone doesn't like the product that's one thing, our product isn't for everybody and it's nobody's fault. The CEO immediately fired that CS agent.

Real experience: my sister in law bought Athletic Greens AG1 after seeing an influencer try it. She tried it and didn't like the taste. I told her that she can get a refund. She asked them for a refund and they told her yes & keep the product. They gave her the money back AND gave her suggestions on how to try it with smoothies to make it taste better. She felt bad because she made an impulse purchase and wasn't punished for it lol. It was such a good experience that even though I don't like Athletic Greens nor do I see it as an irreplaceable part of a nutritious diet, I will always tell people that if they're curious about it they should try it because there's no risk involved.

Last edited:

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
May 9, 2021
Funny experience with Elementor:

I switched away from Wordpress to Carrd.co because it does everything I need cheaper with faster landing pages.

I forgot to cancel Elementor Pro. They send me an email today saying my card was charged. $99 gone. Sucks but it's not too big a deal.

I sent a request to cancel my subscription, turned off auto-renew, and told them that they got me. Then they had the nerve to send me this:

Along with an invoice immediately AFTER sending this request.

I'm more disappointed with myself than anything, as the last email they sent me was on a Sunday on a long weekend & I didn't catch it.

Is it worth doing more to try and get my money back?

EDIT: Got another email

Lol
Try calling if you can find any number.
Godaddy ignored an email I sent them after I tried to close out hosting in '21 and charged me 600$ for hosting I never knew still existed nor used.

Tried to use their chat/email but was simply sent the link to their refund policy. Immediately rang up their #, got the same spiel and a brush off on any kind of recompense and was hung up on.
They sent me a survey email immediately and ofc I rated them a 1 for everything and explicitly stated I would never use their service again and tell everyone I knew and my fellow WDs/Businesses to NEVER use them.
In 6 minutes I got a call direct to my cellphone from a manager in the U.S. within a few minutes offering refunds!

... They said the best they could do was half the amount as a courtesy. I said "ok", got off the phone, got another survey email immediately (were they high?) left another 1-star rating stating the partial refund confirmed my reaction that they were a dishonest company. In half an hour I got ANOTHER direct cellphone call where another manager apologized and refunded the rest of the amount. It shouldn't have happened in the first place nor taken hours to get everything refunded but at least I made the "impossible" possible.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Try calling if you can find any number.
Godaddy ignored an email I sent them after I tried to close out hosting in '21 and charged me 600$ for hosting I never knew still existed nor used.

Tried to use their chat/email but was simply sent the link to their refund policy. Immediately rang up their #, got the same spiel and a brush off on any kind of recompense and was hung up on.
They sent me a survey email immediately and ofc I rated them a 1 for everything and explicitly stated I would never use their service again and tell everyone I knew and my fellow WDs/Businesses to NEVER use them.
In 6 minutes I got a call direct to my cellphone from a manager in the U.S. within a few minutes offering refunds!

... They said the best they could do was half the amount as a courtesy. I said "ok", got off the phone, got another survey email immediately (were they high?) left another 1-star rating stating the partial refund confirmed my reaction that they were a dishonest company. In half an hour I got ANOTHER direct cellphone call where another manager apologized and refunded the rest of the amount. It shouldn't have happened in the first place nor taken hours to get everything refunded but at least I made the "impossible" possible.
What a ridiculous company :rofl:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Does any enterprising note taker here have a cheat sheet for who doesn't like whom on the forum? Like a running tally of bitchy contenders? Like a mini list of frenemies and enemies??

I can't keep track of the petty arguments lately because I've been working on making new book clubs. Lol. Anyway, my lack of knowledge is really bugging me.

I can't lie in bed at night thinking of the perfect response to a post that would cause a shitstorm of hilarity to ensue if I can't remember who hates whom. And the guy who usually helps clarify it seems to be missing lately.. stupid millionaires always going around making millions and not remembering to make stuff funny!

I'm so impressed with myself for using whom right now I can't even describe my own glee.. anyway. Feel free to send me a pm with this vital information!

#rant #fastlaneforumproblems #pleasesendmeinfographics
#nobutreallyineedtoknow

ETA : Make sure to use a clear list format like
Randomuser67 hates notsoserious
Blinkythetoad despises thug92
Thug92 kisses up to Smakone

Like that. I need info.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
I told them that I will initiate the dispute process with the credit card on file. I'll actually do it if I get another email in response telling me why they can't give me a refund lol
“We understand your frustration, we can not refund you because of our Terms And Conditions”

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
There is no affiliation, agreement, or otherwise.
Not a criticism, just curious... did you think about how 'sumo' may lead consumers to think it was affiliated with Noah?

Was it:
A) F*ck it, I like the name and don't care
B) This may be an advantage
C) None of the above:rofl:

It was also my first thought there was affiliation when I first used/visited.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Not a criticism, just curious... did you think about how 'sumo' may lead consumers to think it was affiliated with Noah?

Was it:
A) F*ck it, I like the name and don't care
B) This may be an advantage
C) None of the above:rofl:

It was also my first thought there was affiliation when I first used/visited.

None of the above.

The name was short, memorable, and had a Japanese angle.

There are tons of companies out there who use [Name]Sumo, so it was never viewed as a potential issue for confusion.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
None of the above.

The name was short, memorable, and had a Japanese angle.

There are tons of companies out there who use [Name]Sumo, so it was never viewed as a potential issue for confusion.
It seems to lend a bit more weight than [Name]Ninja too...

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
I'm back, fresh as a flower. I see my post about the thingy you scream into canceling the sound was a smash hit; I hope someone built it and made a gajillion money off it.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Does any enterprising note taker here have a cheat sheet for who doesn't like whom on the forum? Like a running tally of bitchy contenders? Like a mini list of frenemies and enemies??

I can't keep track of the petty arguments lately because I've been working on making new book clubs. Lol. Anyway, my lack of knowledge is really bugging me.

I can't lie in bed at night thinking of the perfect response to a post that would cause a shitstorm of hilarity to ensue if I can't remember who hates whom. And the guy who usually helps clarify it seems to be missing lately.. stupid millionaires always going around making millions and not remembering to make stuff funny!

I'm so impressed with myself for using whom right now I can't even describe my own glee.. anyway. Feel free to send me a pm with this vital information!

#rant #fastlaneforumproblems #pleasesendmeinfographics
#nobutreallyineedtoknow

ETA : Make sure to use a clear list format like
Randomuser67 hates notsoserious
Blinkythetoad despises thug92
Thug92 kisses up to Smakone

Like that. I need info.
As much as I don't like petty arguments here, I'm all for giving the folks time to discover their path.

I myself don't keep stock on who bitches who.

We might become the bitchy ones ourselves, if we had a few extra bad days.

How about listing down what you like about some particular Fastlaners (strengths, notable industry exp)?
From whom did you learn a good bulk from, that you actually applied in real life- and found results?

I do remember we had one thread like that, but that was years ago. Could do with an update.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Love this story:

Ask and answer questions that expose and vet underlying assumptions and logic.

• What's the real problem you are trying to solve?
• What's your hypothesis? Why?
• What are your core assumptions? Why?
• What evidence do you have?
• What are your core options?
• What alternatives exist?

This takes time, but it's an essential exercise when facing a problem with the potential for non-linear rewards.

Andy, I love the asymmetry of thinking different. These examples explain perfectly why some people make a killing and it looks like magic from the outside. Asymmetric thinking for asymmetric returns. Love it.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

I exchanged DMs with a member where he said “in spite of us butting heads in the past…” and for the life of me I can’t remember that we did that or what it was about. Same happened with the ex-member theChosen1 - he’d be mad at something I said and I wound not remember us even “fighting”.

I’m blessed with a selective memory. I only remember things that I find useful and forget almost everything else.

IMG_1235.jpeg

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I exchanged DMs with a member where he said “in spite of us butting heads in the past…” and for the life of me I can’t remember that we did that or what it was about. Same happened with the ex-member theChosen1 - he’d be mad at something I said and I wound not remember us even “fighting”.

I’m blessed with a selective memory. I only remember things that I find useful and forget almost everything else.

View attachment 51223
Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and expecting it to hurt the other person.

I too get over things quickly.

I actually think our first interaction was you telling me I don’t know what communism is, when I called someone a communist. :eek::rofl:

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Love this story:

Ask and answer questions that expose and vet underlying assumptions and logic.

• What's the real problem you are trying to solve?
• What's your hypothesis? Why?
• What are your core assumptions? Why?
• What evidence do you have?
• What are your core options?
• What alternatives exist?

This takes time, but it's an essential exercise when facing a problem with the potential for non-linear rewards.

Andy, I love the asymmetry of thinking different. These examples explain perfectly why some people make a killing and it looks like magic from the outside. Asymmetric thinking for asymmetric returns. Love it.

I might need to pop this out into its own thread. Love this story.

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023

Re: "how a businessman won"​

So you did it. You've started and scaled a business, which now makes good profits and satisfies enough desires that you can lay on your money like those robbers from Breaking Bad

photo_2023-09-07_14-30-47.jpg

Now what?

WELL, now you want MORE!

More business, more orders, more customers...

What if you could get more customers?

The kind of one's that come to you themselves, willing to buy...

The kind of every architect loves and treasures: private residentials, 2000sq ft space ..

That don’t shop on the price, but go to none but you...

What is the secret sauce? It is good marketing.

You'll feel it when you have a couple of calls from a system that was set up mere hours ago, closing leads from seems to be particularly simple. You'll feel it when you'll find a review of "I've found them on the Internet and they were absolutely amazing!". Moreover, you'll remember that this customer brought in a couple of friends, too.

Yes, advertisement does not take away any of the word-of-mouth. In fact, if you can deliver a truly supreme servies, people will share even more. More customers. Bring more customers. More money that you take home... MORE!

And the best thing? You don’t even have to do anything about it. Set it up once, send some visitors to it (which we do), and enjoy how your phone is ringing, and how your bank account pops up.

And you may be afraid of committing before you see any results. And rightfully so. That's why you'll get our services for FREE UNTIL we get you 3, paying customers.

And if at any point until we get you first customers you suddenly want to cancel, or the business is suddenly out of cash - you can no-worry cancel our services before we finish.

And if at any point until we get you first customers you suddenly want to walk away , or the business is suddenly out of cash - you can no-worry cancel our services before we finish our work - no risky commitments here.

Yes, we are getting you customers for free.

And to claim this risk-free wonderful offer, allow us to call you in the time that suits you. Just send your mobile phone, and the time that feels good for a discussion of your business, and we'll call you in the specified time.

But be ware: we have only enough personell to handle 2 free-until-results projects at once, and one is already in the works. There is only one place left, and if you don’t inquiry, someone else may take it. Send your contacts right now, and maybe you'll get a chance to work through the no-risk scheme (and the next will, sadly have to pay).

So send us your phone number right now and we'll build you a system that gets you customers - and you'll get at least 3 customers - or we don't charge you a penny. But beware: we have only enough personell to handle 2 free-until-results projects at once, and one is already busy working. Send your contacts right now, and maybe you'll get a chance to work through the no-risk scheme. (and the next inquirer will have to pay).

Sincerely yours,

Max

P.S. I am creating a system for you that generates customers on autopilot for FREE. You can sit back and enjoy the profits flowing, and we won’t charge you a penny until we get you first 3 customers – free. Send your mobile number here and suitable time here and we’ll discuss how your brand and what customers you wish to get most.
Roast my copy?

Going to send it to... 100-200 businesses? Let's see how it works.

P.S. What are the sizes of houses that I can include? I have no idea how much or how little 2000sqft is.

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Love this story:

Love this because their biggest asset was the presentation to the class.

They had $5, 2 hours and a presentation to give.

But no limitation on what type of presentation or “who” could give it.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I might need to pop this out into its own thread. Love this story.
No way I'd have thought of selling the presentation slot. Genius thinking.

Also, that story is worth sharing. So much that I shared Sahil Bloom's writeup outside of LinkedIn, which may have got some of you guys to follow him for more inspiring stories and posts.

Productocracy.

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
May 9, 2021

I don't think I've ever seen someone flip out, be passive-aggressive or get into a "fight" (one sided as it may be) on here and actually hang around- much less go anywhere with their business. There's a ton of flybys that start up an account, make grand claims, wonder why their t-shirt dropshipping isn't working then go ghost. The TFF members that do care about the community and providing value all seem to be stand up, hard working people that don't have time to be petty or engage in flame wars and ignore BS in favor of fruitful posting.
(Threads full of BlackDragon pissing off the legendary members notwithstanding :rofl:)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.