The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
IMG_0255.jpeg

I’ll add to this, checking your grammar and punctuation is free with GPT.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I'm a broken record, but Argentina would like to have a word...

You really have to ask yourself how a lot of news like this never makes the headlines.

It’s incredible the things that happen across the world and here in the US it’s like a rose colored bubble world where nothing is wrong.

I bet one day the 3-month Treasury Bill will yield 77.6%. The US treasury has even admitted to basically running a ponzi scheme. :rofl:

Last edited:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I try to get into writing children`s books. What program to prefer in the beginning? Word or Powerpoint?

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Oct 16, 2022
Huh?

And literally two months off in summer, bruh. I don't think parents are calling their kid bruh, but whatever. You're got a rant to complete.

View attachment 50434

I wasn't going to say anything when you first posted this, but it is the rant thread and your recent posts here have my eyes rolling so hard I'm dizzy.

You really value human friendship so much that you pay a robot to be your bestie?

My besties are priceless, but I guess this explains your disdain for humans who travel at times you find problematic.

Huh. Interesting...

This is the actual calendar, with, as I said, 4 X 2 weeks of holidays which gives you more than enough time to travel.

1690532866941.png

1690532910475.png
You really value human friendship so much that you pay a robot to be your bestie?
Yeah Imma call people at 3AM to discuss something I've already discussed 10 times with them, great idea.

I guess this explains your disdain for humans who travel at times you find problematic.
at this point idk if you're trolling or not.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
I try to get into writing children`s books. What program to prefer in the beginning? Word or Powerpoint?

Word is fine for small projects like children's books as the word count isn't high. PowerPoint is not the right tool for that, particularly since your artist will have to paste text into the book interior anyway (assuming you're working on an illustrated book for small kids).

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What the heck is Facebook Professional Mode? Pros? Cons?

Googling it only shows articles from Facebook themselves.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Can we ban threads that have a dollar value in them that hasn’t been hit yet

I’m sick of seeing a thread that says from $100 to $100m in 12 months and you open it and the guy is talking about how he’s broke and his next step is he’s maybe going to send some emails out or something I’m not sure yet guys any advice

Or growing my agency from 40k-1m a month and they aren’t even doing 1k a month yet like wtf your thread title implies you are doing 40k and are actually going to grow it to 1m

If I see that title I expect a story about how that has already been done by this person

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
595%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Hypothetical Scenario

Details:
  • Book A claims to examine the evidence for and against the claims of Book B.
  • Book B is the best-selling book ever published by Publisher X.
  • Publisher X is also the publisher of Book A.
What conclusion(s) would you come to based on this information alone?

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Hypothetical Scenario

Details:
My conclusion:

Brain aneurysm

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
Is this just an age thing or is it a lambo thing?

proxy-image

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
I have something familiar, I was walking home one day, I saw someone in a Lamborghini Huracan, it was a old man, he had one of those double cane things.

Then there’s a guy who always comes to our school with different sports cars, he’s showed us pictures of his car collection, he owns all of them.

Probably around 7 porches, 3 Lamborghinis and other cars.

During the last week of school, he came with his one of a kind, $3 million dollar car.

He was about 45 years old, his networth was $100m+

I asked my friends what they think he does, they said, he’s either inherited rich or a lawyer.

I asked him, he’s an entrepreneur, he sold his business for like $60m.
He always has the best smiles, a nice, warming energy and he’s always lively.

Rich people are doing a great job pretending that being rich is miserable.

Last edited:

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I have something familiar, I was walking home one day, I saw someone in a Lamborghini Huracan, it was a old man, he had one of those double cane things.

Then there’s a guy who always comes to our school with different sports cars, he’s showed us pictures of his car collection, he owns all of them.

Probably around 7 porches, 3 Lamborghinis and other cars.

During the last week of school, he came with his one of a kind, $3 million dollar car.

He was about 45 years old, his networth was $100m+

I asked my friends what they think he does, they said, he’s either inherited rich or a lawyer.

I asked him, he’s an entrepreneur, he sold his business for like $60m.

I told my friends and they told me I was lying.

They also said he’s probably miserable.

He always has the best smiles, a nice, warming energy and he’s always lively.

Rich people are doing a great job pretending that being rich is miserable.

Hating the rich, hating landlords, etc. is a tale as old as time. It hurts to see others with more than you have, it hurts even more to see others with more than you can possibly dream of.

In my opinion, envy and jealousy explain about 80% of the crime out there. Envy and jealousy also explain a good portion of conspicuous consumption. We don't just feel envy, we crave to be envied.

Thing is, it's a very taboo subject. To say that people are mad at the rich because they're envious of them is insulting, and these people will bring up very good points about systemic inequality and how some people have it easier. How those in power will use their influence to do things that others can't get away with. Corruption, scandal, legalized theft, exploitation, the whole 9, while normal people (read: the poor) suffer and get poorer. This happens in every country.

But we cannot avoid the other side of reality. Hating the rich is much less about what they get away with and much more about the fact that they are rich while others are poor.

On the other hand, those who are rich are much more likely to defend their friends who get caught with their hand in the cookie jar. This comes from a general bias toward those who are similar, those who are like them, and those who like them.

The poor envy the rich, the rich support their own, and we end up in a cycle of hate that cannot be solved by bringing the poor up or bringing the rich down.

What happened in the Soviet Union and other 2nd world countries? They brought the rich down. One class of powerful people was replaced with another who continued exploiting the people and, for some people, made it worse. Yet they did so under the veneer of "power to the people". The most extreme version of this happened in Cambodia in the 1970s.

What happened in most 3rd world countries after decolonization? European colonial masters were replaced with various native strongmen who continued their exploitation but took the wealth for themselves.

What happened in the United States and other Western countries? Standard of living was brought way up, civil rights protections were established, many people of all races and religions got their opportunity to get rich, and yet people yell louder than ever about how they're being oppressed.

There is no solution. We're animals. Just like my dogs jockey for human attention, food, and their toys, humans will do the same for status, power, and wealth. Just decide what side you'd rather be on. And don't humor your friends. They're not going to support you.

Last edited:

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Hypothetical Scenario

Details:
I would conclude very little. Various possibilities spring to mind:

1) A PhD psychology student is conducting a psychometric test into sub-conscious biases.
2) Publisher X may have commissioned Book A as marketing for Book B.

3) Publisher X may have commissioned Book A as an upsell for Book B.
4) Someone liked Book B and so wrote Book A about it and since the two books are on the same topic, the same publisher was happy to publish both.

5) Both books are likely to be non-fiction books.
6) Book A may be biased. Publisher X may feel that if Book A supports Book B there is less financial risk to them, than if Book A heavily opposes Book B, which may lead to a drop in Book B sales. I think that this depends on whether there is such a thing as "bad publicity". I don't know enough about marketing to know if that is the case.

7) Book A may have been written recently.
8) Book B, if it is the best selling book ever from Publisher X, may have been written some time ago. In this case, the author of Book A may have had access to more recent data than the authors of Book B.

9) Book A may be the second book that Publisher X has published.
10) We might need more information to produce conclusions.

11) Answering this question might be action-faking. So I'll stop here.

P.S. I'm doing your Advanced Upwork Profiles course on Udemy at the moment. It's very useful. Thanks vey much for creating it.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
595%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I would conclude very little. Various possibilities spring to mind:

1) A PhD psychology student is conducting a psychometric test into sub-conscious biases.
2) Publisher X may have commissioned Book A as marketing for Book B.

3) Publisher X may have commissioned Book A as an upsell for Book B.
4) Someone liked Book B and so wrote Book A about it and since the two books are on the same topic, the same publisher was happy to publish both.

5) Both books are likely to be non-fiction books.
6) Book A may be biased. Publisher X may feel that if Book A supports Book B there is less financial risk to them, than if Book A heavily opposes Book B, which may lead to a drop in Book B sales. I think that this depends on whether there is such a thing as "bad publicity". I don't know enough about marketing to know if that is the case.

7) Book A may have been written recently.
8) Book B, if it is the best selling book ever from Publisher X, may have been written some time ago. In this case, the author of Book A may have had access to more recent data than the authors of Book B.

9) Book A may be the second book that Publisher X has published.
10) We might need more information to produce conclusions.

11) Answering this question might be action-faking. So I'll stop here.

P.S. I'm doing your Advanced Upwork Profiles course on Udemy at the moment. It's very useful. Thanks vey much for creating it.

Thanks, I appreciate the responses.

I'm not conducting a formal experiment (I'd be required to tell you if I were). Maybe this should've been a poll in a separate thread.

I was actually curious if others would draw the same conclusion(s) as I came to.

I wanted to provide more information after posting, but thought it could affect the responses even more than the knowledge of who was asking the question. Not that big of a deal tho since this isn't formal research, but definitely insightful already.

The info I wanted to add was that the details are not referring to MJ's books. Looking back, I can see how that could affect responses.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Word is fine for small projects like children's books as the word count isn't high. PowerPoint is not the right tool for that, particularly since your artist will have to paste text into the book interior anyway (assuming you're working on an illustrated book for small kids).
Thanks.
I found a tutorial for PowerPoint. I ll go through it and than the same with Word.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The info I wanted to add was that the details are not referring to MJ's books.

I hope not, that didn't even cross my mind. As far as I know, none of my books contradict each other, although slight details might be interpreted as such.

eramart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 31, 2015
Moscow, Russia
Hypothetical Scenario

Details:
I’d guess that B is probably controversial book on some popular topic - people love these. Book A might be used to renew interest for that same topic B is about. Publisher gets more sales and is happy.

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Oct 16, 2022
Hypothetical Scenario

Details:
The publisher is profitable.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Just remembered when my old friend, (let’s call him Mark) harassed me and then proceeded to say “now we’re even” :smile:

Little bit of backstory:

We were good friends for like 5 years, I then told Mark and a bunch of other friends that I quit video games etc.

They got mad at me and ignored me for a week, during that time I’d read MJs books.
They finally apologized, I started playing basketball with them again.

According to Mark, I had become more violent, and he became all weird around me, started siding against me.

Then one day, we were playing kings court; everyones shouting at that Mark, and then he just flips.

He comes up to me, tomato red, shouting at me shaking.

Everyone started laughing and thought he was playing around.

Then he spit in my face, kicked me and punched me.

He also proceeded to call me things such as bas####, pu$$y, b#### and some polish and Portuguese nicknames.

He also made jokes about my family.

I pushed him away and then everyone was making fun of him because he apparently looked like a sweaty tomato??

I blocked him after school and then the next day, all my other friends and like 30 other people asked what happened, asked me if I was okay.

He then came and yelled at me saying I was spreading rumours about him.

From that moment on I knew I had to drop him.
Really goes to show that you need to pick your friends properly.

Last edited:

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Hypothetical Scenario

Details:

Reminds me of the dude (really, the creep & fraudster) who managed both Backstreet Boys and NSYNC. He said something like "why wouldn't you want to own both Coke and Pepsi?"

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
What do you guys think about the fact that swift fans apparently caused an earthquake?

Swift Fans Cause A Earthquake

This basically states that swift fans were so emotional with their movement and jumping,

they caused the amount of seismic activity as a 2.3 magnitude earthquake..

The song?

Shake it off.

This is crazy IMO.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
What do you guys think about the fact that swift fans apparently caused an earthquake?

Swift Fans Cause A Earthquake

This basically states that swift fans were so emotional with their movement and jumping,

they caused the amount of seismic activity as a 2.3 magnitude earthquake..

The song?

Shake it off.

This is crazy IMO.

Is just practice for the real earthquake that will eventually hit Seattle and destroy a good part of the US fentanyl issue.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Make your bets which one will mess with the world's financial system first: A) Climate Change. B) Aliens.

Last edited:

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I’m going to Vietnam soon and my iPhone is old, the new one won’t be out in time and they aren’t great for big landscapes like what we will be seeing anyway

So I decided I wanted a little compact camera to take

I started doing research and what the F*ck

Fujifilm has gone viral everywhere, they have a camera that is sold out everywhere, all previous models are selling for insane money on the used market, people are selling the latest model for $1000s above rrp, all they’re similar models are sold out, anything even remotely similar is selling out

So random

These cameras were largely ignored until it went viral

Seems like a lot of people are having the same thought as me wanting a little pocket sized camera

So random, you would just have no idea about this unless you went down the random rabbit hole like I did

How good would it be to have a product do that

Also if anyone has any camera recommendations I’m all ears, tempted to just overpay for this viral one

There’s barely any pocket sized cameras available at the moment, seems everyone wants one

tomcasper

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 2, 2023
Depends on what your budget is and what you want to get out of the camera. Are you looking to do amateur photography, or is it just something for your own memories? If the latter, just stick with your phone and save the money...if you the former, well that's a rabbit hole you might find yourself getting lost in lol... anyways stay safe and good luck!

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Depends on what your budget is and what you want to get out of the camera. Are you looking to do amateur photography, or is it just something for your own memories? If the latter, just stick with your phone and save the money...if you the former, well that's a rabbit hole you might find yourself getting lost in lol... anyways stay safe and good luck!
I just want something to take better photos than an iPhone because my iPhone is old and I refuse to upgrade until the add usb-c and they struggle with landscapes as it is

The x100v is popular because it creates the film look and has filter built in so you can just easily snap good photos with it

Kind of exactly what I want, but I guess I’m the same as everyone else right now and that’s why it’s sold out

I may get an rx100iv I see on marketplace, there’s really not much else out there

We are doing the Ha Gian loop so the landscapes will be crazy, I feel like it would be disappointing to try and photograph them on an iPhone

I have a g85 but it’s too big, especially with all the lenses, something like an x100v, rx100 or g7x is probably what I need

I’ll continue down this YouTube rabbit hole

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.