The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
View attachment 49966
View attachment 49967
12 hour workday baking several pounds of cookies in 32°Celsius. The rings under my eyes are hopefully not too visible haha.

Gotta get up in 6 hours to set up the store before the market starts. I look forward to doing this several times a week haha. (I designed that banner/table cover btw)

A friend of mine created a chocolate-chip cookie business and sold them to nearby restaurants. He hired his brother to deliver the cookies, on condition he not eat any of the cookies he was delivering. He would give his brother all the free cookies he wanted, he just couldn't take them from the customer's platter.

His brother couldn't resist the smell of the cookies, and always ate at least one from the platter. The chefs would order 3 dozen cookies, but get 34 or 35 instead of the 36 they paid for. They were usually angry because they never new how many cookies they were going to get.

He eventually shut down his cookie business because he didn't have time to bake them, and deliver them (he had a regular day job). I always thought he should have quit his day job and pursued his cookie business, the cookies were really good.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
A friend of mine created a chocolate-chip cookie business and sold them to nearby restaurants. He hired his brother to deliver the cookies, on condition he not eat any of the cookies he was delivering. He would give his brother all the free cookies he wanted, he just couldn't take them from the customer's platter.

His brother couldn't resist the smell of the cookies, and always ate at least one from the platter. The chefs would order 3 dozen cookies, but get 34 or 35 instead of the 36 they paid for. They were usually angry because they never new how many cookies they were going to get.

He eventually shut down his cookie business because he didn't have time to bake them, and deliver them (he had a regular day job). I always thought he should have quit his day job and pursued his cookie business, the cookies were really good.
Never get high on your own supply! :)

Cool story. I agree, he should have focused on the cookie business. Break making, bakeries are businesses that will be around 100 years from now.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
He eventually shut down his cookie business because he didn't have time to bake them, and deliver them (he had a regular day job).

I don't see how that's a barrier. Hire a bakery & put it on Uber Eats

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
I see a lot of "influencers" call people "NPCs", which I believe is a term originating from role-playing games (Dungeons & Dragons) for "Non-Player Character". They are basically people in the world that are just there to make it more interesting for the "players". They frequently die, and are essentially expendable. Like the guys wearing red-shirts in Star Trek. This idea is currently making a comeback with the "simulation theory" of reality. This seems dangerous to me.

insp_expendability.jpg

If someone *really* believes in Simulation Theory, and then they *really* believe there are people who are just soul-less robots, what is to stop them from killing one of the robots? This seems like sociopathic thinking, and it is growing.

Today, an NPC might be somebody who appears to be living a mundane life, later it might be someone else, or some group of people.

I wonder where this "NPC" meme is likely to go, if anywhere. I don't see it going away because of it's proximity to Simulation Theory.

Last edited:

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
This was in the 1990s.

Hire a bakery & get local grocery stores to carry them. He could have made it work!

Although it's not too late so long as someone still knows the recipe...

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Hire a bakery & get local grocery stores to carry them. He could have made it work!

Although it's not too late so long as someone still knows the recipe...

First the FLF window washing boom, now the cookie era. Put me down for a dozen.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
You just described Threads. It's basically a mainstream establishment platform (just like FB is/was) to push corporate and government agendas -- anything else will be subject to heavy-handed censorship according to Zuckerburg approved "fact-checkers".
Meta is the state science institute from atlas shrugged.

Dean Irwin

The GoalSumo Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Jan 1, 2021
Sandy Springs, GA
View attachment 49966
View attachment 49967
12 hour workday baking several pounds of cookies in 32°Celsius. The rings under my eyes are hopefully not too visible haha.

Gotta get up in 6 hours to set up the store before the market starts. I look forward to doing this several times a week haha. (I designed that banner/table cover btw)

This is great, congrats! I love the table cover, the purple really catches the eye. I remember reading "The Color Purple" in high school and that quote that goes "I think it pisses God off if you walk past the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it"

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
I see a lot of "influencers" call people "NPCs", which I believe is a term originating from role-playing games (Dungeons & Dragons) for "Non-Player Character". They are basically people in the world that are just there to make it more interesting for the "players". They frequently die, and are essentially expendable. Like the guys wearing red-shirts in Star Trek. This idea is currently making a comeback with the "simulation theory" of reality. This seems dangerous to me.

insp_expendability.jpg

If someone *really* believes in Simulation Theory, and then they *really* believe there are people who are just soul-less robots, what is to stop them from killing one of the robots? This seems like sociopathic thinking, and it is growing.

Today, an NPC might be somebody who appears to be living a mundane life, later it might be someone else, or some group of people.

I wonder where this "NPC" meme is likely to go, if anywhere. I don't see it going away because of it's proximity to Simulation Theory.

I'd advise you to just get off social media. There's a good likelihood I'm a lot younger than you and I'm completely disillusioned by it.

But for your peace of mind, I don't see it as anything more than a meme with a bit of psychosis (and theoretical science) sprinkled in. Pretty standard Gen Z stuff.

I also don't think sociopathy is something that can be spontaneously unlocked by a certain way of thinking, it's more of a psychological trait that develops at a very young age.

However, I do believe young people need much better role models than rappers, narcissists, and streamers.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
I used to be atheist but I'm beginning to see the pitfalls of the cynicism, egoism, and hedonism that comes from thinking God is dead.

What happened to doing good unto others and believing in things bigger and greater than your own short and mortal life?

I'm reconsidering my stance on this. It's the door-knocking fanatics that turned me off when I was younger. And while I'm unlikely to start praying or carrying a Bible with me, I'd very much like to devote my life to helping others on both a micro and macro level.

I'm tired of focusing my energy inwards, try as I may I'll probably never figure myself out anyway. What I do know for certain, is that money above a certain level (it's not millions) does not do anything for me—but visualizing helping people on a mass scale fills me with energy and meaning.

I'm really close to launching a project through which I seek to do exactly that.

rory182

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
331%
Dec 26, 2022

"Today’s Left-liberal culture teaches young people that their troubles are not their own fault, but the product of various problems beyond their control. These problems may be sociological — late capitalism, systemic racism, the patriarchy — but increasingly they are medical."

TLDR: Article goes into detail of current victimhood culture, external locus of control and young people's mental health deteriorating from self diagnosing/convincing themselves they're ill in some form.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
LOL, needless to say, I didn't click or read.

1688832325191.png

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I used to be atheist but I'm beginning to see the pitfalls of the cynicism, egoism, and hedonism that comes from thinking God is dead.

I think you answered your own question here. It’s not thinking god is dead, but the cynicism and the nihilism telling you nothing matters.

Im agnostic. The logical answer tells me I can’t prove or disprove a God. But is it relevant whether there is one to whether im a good person or whether I can make stuff that feels meaningful?

I found myself falling somewhere on the absurdist spectrum. Sure there may be no point to it all, but I rebel anyway and I’m going to enjoy it. Not in a hedonistic way but doing something that fills me up with meaning. Whether it matters in the end or not isn’t relevant. I like being of service and doing stuff for people so I’ll do it and have a good time. :D

xShepherdx

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 11, 2022
Idaho

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Aight we sold a third of our cookies.
We also impressed the market owner so she choose to let us off from paying rent for our first month.
The passer by to cookie sold ratio was 13%
and the passer by to customer ratio was 5%.

I had the guy manning the stand keep track of every person passing by and of every customer and cookie sold.

All in all a pretty sold experience.
Next one is gonna be in a progress thread.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Aight we sold a third of our cookies.
We also impressed the market owner so she choose to let us off from paying rent for our first month.
The passer by to cookie sold ratio was 13%
and the passer by to customer ratio was 5%.

I had the guy manning the stand keep track of every person passing by and of every customer and cookie sold.

All in all a pretty sold experience.
Next one is gonna be in a progress thread.
Are you doing free samples? I used to do market stalls and we’d offer everyone who walked past a free sample to try, then you hit them with your pitch and it’s hard to say no because you just gave them something.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Pedialite is 10x better than Gatorade. Wish I knew the science behind it but don't. Can only vouch for it.
As someone who had dehydrated toddlers I can say with 100% certainty that Pedialite is absolutely chocked full of crap you don't want in your body, including petroleum derived fake colors. Why add that crap to any product?????

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
View attachment 49966
View attachment 49967

Look at the chads, I love it!

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
As someone who had dehydrated toddlers I can say with 100% certainty that Pedialite is absolutely chocked full of crap you don't want in your body, including petroleum derived fake colors. Why add that crap to any product?????

Thanks for sharing. I've only used it for the benefit of recovering, I never even read the label lol. What did you use for your toddlers?

Tea&Tea

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 8, 2023

What happened to doing good unto others and believing in things bigger and greater than your own short and mortal life?

I'm reconsidering my stance on this. It's the door-knocking fanatics that turned me off when I was younger. And while I'm unlikely to start praying or carrying a Bible with me, I'd very much like to devote my life to helping others on both a micro and macro level.

I'm tired of focusing my energy inwards, try as I may I'll probably never figure myself out anyway. What I do know for certain, is that money above a certain level (it's not millions) does not do anything for me—but visualizing helping people on a mass scale fills me with energy and meaning.

I'm really close to launching a project through which I seek to do exactly that.
You don’t have to go to heaven and you don’t to go to hell. But can’t stay here forever. I pray you find the gospel of Jesus. Amen.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017