The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Hormozi mentioned on Twitter that changing your phones colour scheme to grayscale makes it less addictive. He’s right. You don’t see the red of the notifications badge.
Reminds me of the old Nokia brick days. I miss that Snake game.
I’ve had mine like this for a while, I have No notification badges either because I changed all the icons to black using shortcuts.

I set the power button to change between greyscale and colour with a triple tap for when you need it to be in colour

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest-5ty5s4

I’ve had mine like this for a while, I have No notification badges either because I changed all the icons to black using shortcuts.

I set the power button to change between greyscale and colour with a triple tap for when you need it to be in colour
Mitch, you are always coming up with the clever stuff dude

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Thought the Google fanboys were boasting about Lambda, the tech underlying Google's version of ChatGPT?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I’ve had mine set to grayscale for months. It’s great for everything but pictures.

I was looking at a car I thought was gray on Autotrader, and it wasn’t until I printed the listing to go take a look that I noticed it was an ugly color.
I thought your eyes default setting was on grayscale...

I'll see myself out

CactusAF

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 3, 2023
Hi All, this is my first post after read MFL as I am looking for some ideas guidance and would appreciate some input.
I work in waste Managment in the UK and want to completely change the hazardous waste market to make it easier and faster for commercial waste producers to get quotes and book collections to scale a business. Does anyone have any thoughts about how to create online quoting systems to start?
Cheers

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Hi All, this is my first post after read MFL as I am looking for some ideas guidance and would appreciate some input.
I work in waste Managment in the UK and want to completely change the hazardous waste market to make it easier and faster for commercial waste producers to get quotes and book collections to scale a business. Does anyone have any thoughts about how to create online quoting systems to start?
Cheers

Hi Cactus, welcome to the forum.

For future reference, this is probably best as a stand alone thread instead of in the rant thread. This sounds like a chicken and egg question.

So do you have a way to aggregate in real time or near real time collect rates from those doing the collections? If not, then you have to find a way to convince an industry to use some website or software you create to update their info. If you have that, it should be "easy" to get the producers to use your software for quotes...

Or you can try and approach it from the other end. Get commercial waste producers to come to you asking for quotes, set yourself up as a broker, and manually get the quotes for them. Once the demand is big enough you might be able to convince the haulers to use your software...

Now how you get paid on either of these propositions is another matter entirely, but one thing at a time...

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022

CactusAF

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 3, 2023
Hi Cactus, welcome to the forum.

For future reference, this is probably best as a stand alone thread instead of in the rant thread. This sounds like a chicken and egg question.

So do you have a way to aggregate in real time or near real time collect rates from those doing the collections? If not, then you have to find a way to convince an industry to use some website or software you create to update their info. If you have that, it should be "easy" to get the producers to use your software for quotes...

Or you can try and approach it from the other end. Get commercial waste producers to come to you asking for quotes, set yourself up as a broker, and manually get the quotes for them. Once the demand is big enough you might be able to convince the haulers to use your software...

Now how you get paid on either of these propositions is another matter entirely, but one thing at a time...
Hi Dizydad,
Thank you for getting back to me, there is a little more to the story in that I have an investment bank that wants to build a processing plant and we are contracted to fill it. I have to figure out how to make money from this opportunity. Do we build a transport collection business to bring the waste to the plant, we have 2 years before the plant opens

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I got this from WokeGPT when I asked it to help proofread some writing about living in Colombia in my 20s...

Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 20.47.10.png

AI was fun while it lasted. But we can't have nice things - everything must be a tool for the latest agenda.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I thought your eyes default setting was on grayscale...

I'll see myself out
Hahaha it’s surprisingly a massive difference even though I’m super colorblind.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I got this from WokeGPT when I asked it to help proofread some writing about living in Colombia in my 20s...

View attachment 47081

AI was fun while it lasted. But we can't have nice things - everything must be a tool for the latest agenda.
Huh, sounds like ChatGPT should run for Congress :rofl:

Laksh Ramesh

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jan 4, 2023
My social life is so damped up cus my generation of teenagers are much more focused on having their so called mental problems and social media interactions important rather then self improving and here I find comfort in forum. Discussing Ideas and actions

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Wow is right. Had you just submitted the TEXT of this monologue with no visuals, I would have guessed Tucker Carlson or Ben Shapiro.

Maher?

Has he woken up to wokism?
Unbelievable coming from him

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I’m liking the Twitter real estate community. Solid people, great threads and discussions.

Haters will hate Elon, but I don’t recommend betting against him. It’s a great platform for unfiltered chat.

/random share

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I’m liking the Twitter real estate community. Solid people, great threads and discussions.

Haters will hate Elon, but I don’t recommend betting against him. It’s a great platform for unfiltered chat.

/random share
I really need to get on there

It seems to be the place to be for ecom and startups as well

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Oct 16, 2022
My social life is so damped up cus my generation of teenagers are much more focused on having their so called mental problems and social media interactions important rather then self improving and here I find comfort in forum. Discussing Ideas and actions
Actually, the mental problem thing is real: The Teen Mental Illness Epidemic Began Around 2012

-------------------------------------------------------------

The first cause of business failure is human nature.

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Oct 16, 2022
WPRocket sends you a personalized email when you deactivate their plugin to ask you if something's wrong and how they can help.

This is why WPRocket succeeds.

Laksh Ramesh

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jan 4, 2023
Actually, the mental problem thing is real: The Teen Mental Illness Epidemic Began Around 2012

-------------------------------------------------------------

The first cause of business failure is human nature.
It is a real mental thing and there has been circumstances I have been part of it, But we will have to take action towards the solution of the problem causing that and not really glorify the problem in social media which today's teenagers do and affects other younger teenagers ( 13-15 yr olds ) thinking that they have the same problem as them and the cycle goes on. It has become a norm.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

I keep surprising myself as to how good it is. As I used to think Twitter was “just another social time suck”. I was wrong.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

/random share

There are a lot of amazing people on there networking and sharing valuable info, and some of them meet up in real life, raise capital, and connect for lending and stuff like that. It's pretty incredible. Once it gets too saturated it will likely go to :shit: like BiggerPockets though.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
BTW, while I'm flattered some folks love my books, harassing me to the tune of dozens of threads, posts, and emails and demanding my reply is unprofessional. And if you fail to heed any warnings about such behavior and I have to spend 1/2 my morning moding/deleting your posts, you then move from FAN to STALKER.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
BTW, while I'm flattered some folks love my books, harassing me to the tune of dozens of threads, posts, and emails and demanding my reply is unprofessional. And if you fail to heed any warnings about such behavior and I have to spend 1/2 my morning moding/deleting your posts, you then move from FAN to STALKER.

Is this the person who made multiple accounts with your photo as an avatar?

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
I agree, it's unprofessional. I wonder if you should put this into the "Required Reading" post that people have to read when they join?

It's like - one person asks a polite question and you answer and they're like "WOW I didn't expect to get an answer from you, Thank you so much!"

And then 15 other people see that and go full Karen-entitled mode. "Look at MEEEEEE. Answer MYYYYYY question!!!"

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I wonder if you should put this into the "Required Reading" post that people have to read when they join?

That wouldn't have helped. He ignored multiple warnings that were put right in front of his face.

Is this the person who made multiple accounts with your photo as an avatar?

Yes.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.