The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
It was posted from another account not musks

I wouldn’t bother reading it it was nothing new, actually it was a lot less incriminating than I expected, I was surprised, it almost made them seem less bad than I thought they were

Wake me up when they’re all in jail

Here’s the link
View: https://mobile.twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1598822959866683394?s=20&t=VjazWLRA0qehmuzafeFG5A

Blows my mind all the liberals still on there defending Hunter and Joe and denying the laptop is real because files were copied and edited

The government colluded with big tech to suppress American citizens constitutional rights.

We knew this was happening but now there’s written proof.

It’s actually incriminating, and it’s only getting started.

Feels like the tides are turning.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
@MitchC
Did you see how Ye managed to get banned from Twitter again? This time even with Elon at the top, this clown managed to think posting a swastika was a good idea?

You seem to like Ye as a “businessman” from prior posts (when you compared his fox interview with listening @Kak show) I want to point out that listening to him speak on Fox is truly a giant waste of time. He’s not all there in the head. May even have some Latin name for his condition. Or maybe his condition will be named after him?! ;)

Literally nothing surprises me anymore.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Literally nothing surprises me anymore.

You mean like having one of the most prolific political donors stealing billions of dollars, and instead of getting arrested, is doing speaking tours at the NY Times? Yea, nothing is surprising anymore. F*cking clown country.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
You mean like having one of the most prolific political donors stealing billions of dollars, and instead of getting arrested, is doing speaking tours at the NY Times? Yea, nothing is surprising anymore. F*cking clown country.

It’s seems “lose a million dollars you have a problem, lose a billion dollars and someone else has a problem” is somewhat true.

Maybe Musk is interested in buying FTX and can whistleblow this $hit too.

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
perspective:

I'm wrapping up an audiobook about a war in Africa. There was a section that described sick / injured soldiers falling on the road during a campaign. There really wasn't anything that their comrades could do for them since they were out in the bush on foot, so they took everything those soldiers had and left them to die on the road.

remember that shit could always be A LOT worse
That’s heart wrenching. For the dying and ones having to take their stuff out of necessity

Theres a poem that brings to life what it was like at war hospitals during the civil war. It always reminds me of how unimaginably bad things can be too
“The crush’d head I dress, (poor crazed hand tear not the bandage away,)
The neck of the cavalry-man with the bullet through and through I examine,
Hard the breathing rattles, quite glazed already the eye, yet life struggles hard,
Come sweet death! be persuaded O beautiful death!
Returning, resuming, I thread my way through the hospitals,
The hurt and wounded I pacify with soothing hand,
I sit by the restless all the dark night, some are so young,
Some suffer so much, I recall the experience sweet and sad” The Wound Dresser by Walt Whitman

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Okay so maybe I am an old man yelling at kids on his lawn, but I can't seem to get this to work. I wanted to see it but all that happens when I went to Twitter is saw a stack of posts by idiots replying to what musk wrote when he said he was going to release it. So I saw just a lot of crap and 0 of anything useful. There has to be a better way to do this.
Just click on his pinned tweet

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Canva is officially my favorite subscription service. It's soo good I wonder how long it can last.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Canva is officially my favorite subscription service. It's soo good I wonder how long it can last.

Amen, I can't imagine my life without it. Worth every penny plus more.

My greatest fear is having Adobe or Intuit buy it. Then it will turn to dogshit.

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
Amen, I can't imagine my life without it. Worth every penny plus more.

My greatest fear is having Adobe or Intuit buy it. Then it will turn to dogshit.
I hear a lot of praise on it around here - in what ways is CANVA a standout for what you use it for / vs. all the competition? Clearly there is a big leap in value between what it offers and everything else out there to have this massive of support !

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I hear a lot of praise on it around here - in what ways is CANVA a standout for what you use it for / vs. all the competition? Clearly there is a big leap in value between what it offers and everything else out there to have this massive of support !

Well, I joined for free to create some simple cover images. Decided to upgrade to the subscription so I could add in my own fonts and have access to some of the pro graphic templates.

Once I joined, I started discovering all of the OTHER stuff Canva does:

• Unlimited stock photos
  • Excellent photo editing directly in app
  • One-click background removal
I was 100% certain I made a good decision at $12/mo when I found out about those.

Then I discovered they also have:

• Stock audio clips (including music)
  • Stock video clips
  • Templates for YouTube, TikTok and other social media
  • Edit video and audio for specific platforms directly in app
  • Share to the various platforms directly in app
It's hard to describe how useful it is for content creators. There's like a million other features that I haven't discovered yet.

I just made a TikTok video for a new account in under 20 minutes that generated nearly 1,000 views in about 10 minutes since I posted it. The whole thing was done in Canva and I'm not even in the video or talking.

I've used Envato Elements which offers some of the graphic templates, but the editing features are missing, and elements is mostly just for downloading graphics/photos/videos, not for creating. So that's where a big gap occurs for me between them and Canva.

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
Well, I joined for free to create some simple cover images. Decided to upgrade to the subscription so I could add in my own fonts and have access to some of the pro graphic templates.

Once I joined, I started discovering all of the OTHER stuff Canva does:

• Unlimited stock photos
  • Excellent photo editing directly in app
  • One-click background removal
I was 100% certain I made a good decision at $12/mo when I found out about those.

Then I discovered they also have:

• Stock audio clips (including music)
  • Stock video clips
  • Templates for YouTube, TikTok and other social media
  • Edit video and audio for specific platforms directly in app
  • Share to the various platforms directly in app
It's hard to describe how useful it is for content creators. There's like a million other features that I haven't discovered yet.

I just made a TikTok video for a new account in under 20 minutes that generated nearly 1,000 views in about 10 minutes since I posted it. The whole thing was done in Canva and I'm not even in the video or talking.

I've used Envato Elements which offers some of the graphic templates, but the editing features are missing, and elements is mostly just for downloading graphics/photos/videos, not for creating. So that's where a big gap occurs for me between them and Canva.
Talk about massive value offered (esp for per month cost).

Will dig in shortly to see how it can help all of the new projects we started working on.

Thanks for that detailed description (productocracy at it's finest!)

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France
I used Canva yesterday for the first time to create a gift card. They made the whole process so easy, printing included. It would have taken me hours of searching and YT tutorials to achieve the same on Photoshop. What a beautiful business.

Otherwise, here is what I read when I checked Canva's French Wikipedia page: "Valued at 40B Australian dollars, Canva enriched their founders beyond what is reasonable". LOL !

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Talk about massive value offered (esp for per month cost).

Will dig in shortly to see how it can help all of the new projects we started working on.

Thanks for that detailed description (productocracy at it's finest!)
The workflow for creating ads is ridiculously easy

Pick the placement you want and it automatically makes a new project with the correct size

Throw all your elements in

If you have images the auto background remover is insanely good, it’s better than what I could do manually and almost instant

Anyway so design your ad should take a few minutes, it has the auto arrange stuff like adobe

Now click the duplicate button on the whole page

Now you can make a variation

Make a bunch, different images different background colour, different copy, different offer

Now you can download all the variations as a zip at once

Oh yeah and you can animate any of the elements to make little video ad type things

Or download a selected amount of pages as a video to create a slide show type video

Or upload videos and make creatives with videos how you would normally do with images. Like upload a video, resize it, place it differently, and throw some text and other elements over it or something

You can add a bunch of existing elements they already have too, I slapped a whole bunch of Santa hats and other Xmas stuff on my Xmas ads and they look surprisingly good

Doing this in adobe would take wayyyy longer, be way harder and the result would be worse. And the video stuff, I don’t even know if it’s possible.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
+100 for Canva. Great tool. I even upgraded to the teams plan so a team member could use it. I think there's other benefits such as creating projects and brand templates.

There's plenty of YouTube tutorials since it's so popular.

And I'm even seeing people use Canva templates as lead magnets that people can get access to. Very clever and I'd be surprised if there wasn't a marketplace already.

I'm just scratching to surface with Canva, and it's already one of my goto tools.

Descript is another amazing tool as well.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
+100 for Canva. Great tool. I even upgraded to the teams plan so a team member could use it.

There's plenty of YouTube tutorials.

And I'm even seeing people use Canva templates as lead magnets that people can get access to. Very smart.
Forgot about both of these features too

I discovered the teams feature recently when I wanted to add my agency to a couple old projects so they could make some variations

I’m like here we go, here’s the corporate plan where they’re making all their money, this is going to be $1000’s… nope, it’s like $80 extra a year

The student plan for adobe is $80 a month

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
@MitchC
Did you see how Ye managed to get banned from Twitter again? This time even with Elon at the top, this clown managed to think posting a swastika was a good idea?

You seem to like Ye as a “businessman” from prior posts (when you compared his fox interview with listening @Kak show) I want to point out that listening to him speak on Fox is truly a giant waste of time. He’s not all there in the head. May even have some Latin name for his condition. Or maybe his condition will be named after him?! ;)

Yeah I don’t know what he’s doing now, you haven’t even found the even worse thing he did/said

Doesn’t mean I’d write off everything he’s done and said previously though

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I just made a TikTok video for a new account in under 20 minutes that generated nearly 1,000 views in about 10 minutes since I posted it
Oh hello. Thought you could drop that in passing and not have anyone notice?

Is that the first video for the new TikTok account? How many views has it got now? Is it a new faceless TikTok account? How're you finding TikTok so far?

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
The government colluded with big tech to suppress American citizens constitutional rights.

We knew this was happening but now there’s written proof.

It’s actually incriminating, and it’s only getting started.

Feels like the tides are turning.
Wake me up when they are in jail, SBF is still walking around, so are all of Epsteins clients and Hunter biden. All these WEF puppets are still in power. The clown show continues.

Elon responded to a tweet about looking into other countries elections too which was interesting. New Zealand was the original target but a lot of replies suggesting Brazil and other countries as well.

But yeah, let’s see if anything ever happens. The FBI has had that laptop and Epsteins list for years now. SBF is flying around doing the softest media interviews ever and he’s stolen billions.

It agree it does feel like the tides are turning though, people like elon who can actually do something are starting to fight back, and the general public are awake and are not going back to sleep

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Oh hello. Thought you could drop that in passing and not have anyone notice?

Is that the first video for the new TikTok account? How many views has it got now? Is it a new faceless TikTok account? How're you finding TikTok so far?

Yes, brand new TikTok account. First video got 900ish views and then tapered off. It is a faceless tiktok. I hate TikTok, but the process to make TikTok videos with Canva is so simple I'd be stupid not to try it.

Plus, less than an hour after I published the video, I got a sale. I haven't confirmed if it came from TikTok or Google Ads, but I did see traffic from places that I'm not running ads to after publishing the video.

I also published the first YouTube video for the new account (also made in Canva) and I'm getting ready to publish a second TikTok video for the day since it is so simple and fast.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
My 4km and about 8 min drive home from picking my wife up from work turned into a 45+ minute extravaganza of fun with toddlers in the back of the car because the police decided to block all the roads with check stops. Why that is even legal is beyond me. Stopping me to force test my body? Go F*ck yourself.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Love it. I'm sick of the word "startup" and the whole startup scene. I swear everyone I've spoken to who's done a business or entrepreneurship degree has less chance of succeeding than someone straight out of school who just gets shit done.

I worked in a startup. I heard they got €40m in funding. I know they barely made any revenue and I'm not surprised they failed - their goal wasn't to help anyone, it was to have an exit.

I too prefer starting businesses that are profitable from day one.

Business is fecking simple: Help people, get paid, help more people.

Most college and business courses/books over-complicate it. No wonder people are so tangled up. All that potential wasted because people are taught crap by people who've no business teaching business.

And then the media glorifies the wrong thing because they're not business owners either.

This is why the likes of MJ's work needs to get in front of more people.

This is why this forum is such a great place online and why the people who stumble across it are so damn "lucky". Hopefully it will prevent them getting sucked down the rabbit-holes (traps) out there designed to keep them where they are and siphon money from their pockets.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
That’s awesome

“I wasn’t trying to educate a customer base”

Aside from his entire thread being gold, this one thing is a huge tip for anyone trying to come up with some new idea.

You do not want to be trying to educate your customer base on what you are offering or why they need it or why they have a problem, you wanna sell something they already know they need, or something they’ll understand as soon as they see it.

Also lol at the communists AF75C002-FF82-4924-BFF9-34DABA04F5D5.png
Couple good replies too though
DEE1CAEC-B3B0-4C98-8C00-95AE72A47A63.jpeg

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
That’s awesome

“I wasn’t trying to educate a customer base”

Aside from his entire thread being gold, this one thing is a huge tip for anyone trying to come up with some new idea.

You do not want to be trying to educate your customer base on what you are offering or why they need it or why they have a problem, you wanna sell something they already know they need, or something they’ll understand as soon as they see it.

Also lol at the communists View attachment 46170
Couple good replies too though
View attachment 46171

“What about the 1500 dollars, you lying cheat!”

That’s what’s wrong with the whole, your family gave you an advantage and that’s why you’re successful argument and I’m not is so ridiculous.

No matter how little you had someone had less.

1500 dollars? I’ve never had that much!

You delegate work to Asia? You’re a robber baron!

Oh you grew up in a united house hold? That’s why!

You’re in the United States, this would never work where I am!

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Today I went into the borax rabit hole. It's safe to say I'm going to try it since I'm traveling and having to drink fluorated water. First I was mad that they poison the water, now I'm happy I discovered this salt that does so much for health.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

“What about the 1500 dollars, you lying cheat!”

That’s what’s wrong with the whole, your family gave you an advantage and that’s why you’re successful argument and I’m not is so ridiculous.

No matter how little you had someone had less.

1500 dollars? I’ve never had that much!

You delegate work to Asia? You’re a robber baron!

Oh you grew up in a united house hold? That’s why!

You’re in the United States, this would never work where I am!
Exactly. Something (sad and morbid) I have no qualms about pointing out to people is this:

Even if your family or parents own something considerable, like a company, or a bunch of real estate, etc. You aren’t necessarily getting any of that while they’re alive.

I don’t think that ever crosses anyone’s mind.

Most people benefit from the knowledge, connections, and access first. By the time any actual inheritance takes place, usually a person has already lived most of their life and made it (or not).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.