The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I am going through some really weird sort of a mental block right now. It is 07:38 at the time of posting this and I am already getting slightly stressed and feel like the day is almost over. It is really odd, and even recognizing this is making me feel stressed out about it. It's like this crazy negative loop taking place 100% in my head.
Sometimes if I feel like this, just getting one thing done makes me feel better. Be it completing a task (like cleaning my room) or getting a nice workout in.

Then, suddenly, I find I feel way better, have a lot of energy, and everything else is great for the rest of the day.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Scary stuff, if anyone watched that Black Mirror episode with the weaponized robot knows what I'm talking about...

View attachment 45425
"Strongly-worded letter" is sure to stop the robot arms-race...

Better start making the defensive, protection bots.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
A youtube video I saw today: "I took a cold shower for 10 days, here's what happened".

4M views.

I didn't bother watching it. Why the F*ck would 4M people watch that. What do they think is going to happen aside from spending 10 minutes a day being cold?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
A youtube video I saw today: "I took a cold shower for 10 days, here's what happened".

4M views.

I didn't bother watching it. Why the F*ck would 4M people watch that. What do they think is going to happen aside from spending 10 minutes a day being cold?

LOL I was recommended the same or similar video once and even wanted to post it here with a comment "F*ck all happened" but I refreshed YouTube and it disappeared.

All these "I tried x for [a very short period of time]" are silly and completely miss the point.
  • I did push-up for 7 days, here's what happened - nothing (but of course they'll talk about having a bigger chest, feeling stronger, having more energy, and other bullshit)
  • I worked on my business for 48 hours, here's what happened - nothing (but of course they'll talk about making lots of money, feeling more confident, etc.)
  • I worked out like a pro athlete for one day, here's what happened - nothing (but of course they'll talk about how it has changed their life, how they feel ready to tackle the world, etc.)
A classic example of mistaking the event for the process.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
LOL I was recommended the same or similar video once and even wanted to post it here with a comment "F*ck all happened" but I refreshed YouTube and it disappeared.

All these "I tried x for [a very short period of time]" are silly and completely miss the point.
  • I did push-up for 7 days, here's what happened - nothing (but of course they'll talk about having a bigger chest, feeling stronger, having more energy, and other bullshit)
  • I worked on my business for 48 hours, here's what happened - nothing (but of course they'll talk about making lots of money, feeling more confident, etc.)
  • I worked out like a pro athlete for one day, here's what happened - nothing (but of course they'll talk about how it has changed their life, how they feel ready to tackle the world, etc.)
A classic example of mistaking the event for the process.

Totally... but they're raking in views from it.

"I watched dumbass YouTube videos for one day... here's what happened" :rofl:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Totally... but they're raking in views from it.

"I watched dumbass YouTube videos for one day... here's what happened" :rofl:

“I quiet quit. ;)

:rofl:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Here is a real one for you. "I did a morning yoga routine for 3 days in a row and it cured my hip issues that have been plaguing me for 20 years!"

I should post a hyped up video about it and see if I can get 5 million views.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Non-Americans are about to find out just how much the American Federal Reserve affects their currency and economy.
And Americans.

I posted this in the stock thread but it’s applicable here too.

2A1B9D95-BCC3-407C-AEBC-A37ED68B40F9.jpeg

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I've never even heard of a Dexa scan before, but that sounds interesting. Eyeballing I figure I'm like 15% but I have never done anything official.

@biophase You mountain bike, I can't believe you lost muscle in your legs. I have a buddy who got into competitive mountain biking and his legs got very muscular. I'm still waiting for that to happen to me haha. I find I don't work out my lower body in the summer as my legs are always blasted from biking, and if I do any workouts I can't bike as hard, during summer I don't want to stop biking for anything if I can help it.
I'm the same way. I just don't have energy to lift weights even the day after I ride. I also don't want jelly arms or a weak back while downhilling. I don't want to crash due to fatigued muscles.

I think part of it the leg issue is that the climbs use alot of energy in my legs, but it's nothing like doing sets of squats. I'm not exerting alot of force in short time period, but using low to medium force over a long period of time.

I think I just need to eat alot more protein next summer when I'm riding.

This is a great podcast about protein.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqmG2y4IeY8

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I wonder, how many things in life does this apply to?

"Rowing harder doesn't help if the boat is headed in the wrong direction."
— Kenichi Ohma

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
I'm the same way. I just don't have energy to lift weights even the day after I ride. I also don't want jelly arms or a weak back while downhilling. I don't want to crash due to fatigued muscles.

I think part of it the leg issue is that the climbs use alot of energy in my legs, but it's nothing like doing sets of squats. I'm not exerting alot of force in short time period, but using low to medium force over a long period of time.

I think I just need to eat alot more protein next summer when I'm riding.

This is a great podcast about protein.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqmG2y4IeY8

I ride 140km a week (maybe nothing compared to what you cover) & lift weights 3-4x a week with no fatigue and look decent. I never ache or have fatigue (you just have to train smart, get stimulus, and go home). Fatigue, soreness, and weakness is very loosely related to building muscle, but it becomes a goal for some for whatever reason...

Being the analytical fitness nerd that I am, I am always bothering myself with all the 'wasted' work I see being promoted and sold by influencers/coaches. Most people could be getting 5x results in half the effort/time/pain. It's taken 10 years of being a nerd to figure this shit out haha so I recognize not everyone has the time.

Pm me if you wanna chat (I'm not a coach or whatever I could just talk all day about this shit haha).

Receipts below.

face up.oad.jpg

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France
Non-Americans are about to find out just how much the American Federal Reserve affects their currency and economy.
EURUSD dropped more than 20% already, if anyone hasn't found out yet I'm wondering what they need to... I'm glad that around a year ago I decided to put a bunch of my money outside of the EU juridiction and its stupid currency.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I ride 140km a week (maybe nothing compared to what you cover) & lift weights 3-4x a week with no fatigue and look decent. I never ache or have fatigue (you just have to train smart, get stimulus, and go home). Fatigue, soreness, and weakness is very loosely related to building muscle, but it becomes a goal for some for whatever reason...

Being the analytical fitness nerd that I am, I am always bothering myself with all the 'wasted' work I see being promoted and sold by influencers/coaches. Most people could be getting 5x results in half the effort/time/pain. It's taken 10 years of being a nerd to figure this shit out haha so I recognize not everyone has the time.

Pm me if you wanna chat (I'm not a coach or whatever I could just talk all day about this shit haha).

Receipts below.

View attachment 45437

Do you eat extremely lean and clean to achieve this look, aka steamed chicken breast and broccoli every meal? What about supplements like protein powder and creatine?

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Do you eat extremely lean and clean to achieve this look, aka steamed chicken breast and broccoli every meal? What about supplements like protein powder and creatine?

I do/feel/bloodwork is best on a high fat and protein diet with approx 50-100g carbohydrates through fruits and veggies (no grains, sugars, processed foods).

I only eat foods I like/love (or you'll never stick with it). Lean chicken and broccoli... blurgh. What I eat doesn't feel like 'grinding' at all, just smart choices.

This gives a decent overview.

.PB-Food-Pyramid-2016update.jpeg

I also fast 16-20hours a day for autophagy/longevity/focus/clarity benefits.

Supplements are icing on the cake although most would benefit from:

Creatine
D3
Magnesium (not oxide)
High-quality omega 3

Protein powder is pointless for me I get enough through diet. The companies have done well to have us believe we need protein every 30 seconds and in stupid amounts. Meanwhile, I regularly fast 3 days with no muscle loss.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Anyone spot the money phrase? Not about earning 7-figures...

Surprised no one found it, much less tried. Oh well, you can always buy more crypto, and sit around patiently waiting for something to happen, instead of making something happen.

Hey MJ,

Just wanted to write you a personal note since I've never thanked you for changing my life.

We recently crossed over 3 million units sold... From working in a pet store at 18 for $8.50 an hour, to dropping out & hitting 7 figures profit at 21 through digital book publishing.
(can't find where to attach my sales dashboard here for proof)

MFL honestly was the one of the main drivers behind my success.

I'm not sure how I can repay you, besides recommending your book to everyone I know when they ask me how to get started.

But I do have a confession.. I did not continue to follow your advice, and got comfortable/lazy the past few years.
I recently lost a big chunk of my NW in crypto after not selling the top. Looking back, I was blinded by the "easy" wealth I "made", instead of plowing everything into growing my company.

(gonna do a thread on this soon to help others- I think crypto is one of the biggest distractions to success now.)

This further cemented your principles of not using markets for wealth, and only focusing on stuff you can control.

My focus now is rebuilding, attacking my business exclusively with a new energy, and exiting within 2 years.

Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge and story, it really means a lot.

-{removed}

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Surprised no one found it, much less tried. Oh well, you can always buy more crypto, and sit around patiently waiting for something to happen, instead of making something happen.
You’re not gonna believe me but that’s exactly what I was going to highlight. I just didn’t want to be embarrassed with a “No!” if I were to be wrong. :rofl:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Screenshot 2022-10-08 at 17.16.32.png

Why would they want to bring this in?
What is the possible upside??

Effective November 3, the new conditions will be added to the restricted activity section of the PayPal User agreement, the Daily Wire first reported. Changes include prohibitions on “the sending, posting, or publication of any messages, content, or materials” that “promote misinformation.” While the prior policy already forbade “hate,” “intolerance,” and discrimination, the new one now also explicitly applies to specific “protected groups” and “individuals or groups based on protected characteristics.” Identities under this umbrella include race, religion, gender or gender identity, and sexual orientation.

This just seems like a great way to trash your own business and have your customers move elsewhere.

Also, this seems quite open to interpretation.
Do saying that hormone blockers for 10-year-olds are bad count as misinformation these days?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Receipts below.

View attachment 45437

It would be great if you could make a thread with your advice!

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I pay $400 month for a course program. The guru has been doing it for like 10 years. He’d have 100s of paying customers. He has a book, mountains of content, and aside from the course he has done for you clients where he gets commission on all their sales, as well as he has upsells and other things his course clients pay $1000s for.

Dudes got it made, he’d be making multi multi millions and has been in this space forever and has a good reputation.

He sold his stake recently in the business to his business partner and is now doing some crypto game thing.

What the F*ck was he thinking? He teaches shiny object syndrome as a massive core thing in all his teachings yet here he is chasing the shiny crypto object when he’s literally already got a goldmine in his hand.

Maybe he’s just sick of the space he’s in but man I really don’t think he would have left it if it weren’t for the shiny object to jump to.

I’d be interested to see how he does, usually people successful in one space can succeed in another.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I pay $400 month for a course program. The guru has been doing it for like 10 years. He’d have 100s of paying customers. He has a book, mountains of content, and aside from the course he has done for you clients where he gets commission on all their sales, as well as he has upsells and other things his course clients pay $1000s for.

Dudes got it made, he’d be making multi multi millions and has been in this space forever and has a good reputation.

He sold his stake recently in the business to his business partner and is now doing some crypto game thing.

What the F*ck was he thinking? He teaches shiny object syndrome as a massive core thing in all his teachings yet here he is chasing the shiny crypto object when he’s literally already got a goldmine in his hand.

Maybe he’s just sick of the space he’s in but man I really don’t think he would have left it if it weren’t for the shiny object to jump to.

I’d be interested to see how he does, usually people successful in one space can succeed in another.

Lol, no, he's wisely, and smartly selling shiny objects to money chasers. He's playing the supply side, entrepreneurial-side of crypto, not the demand side where every Tom Dick and Harry wants to buy a shitcoin and get rich. Sounds like a smart guy and a smart way to play the crypto game, don't buy shit-coins, sell information/resources/knowledge on the shitcoins.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
View attachment 45445

Why would they want to bring this in?
What is the possible upside??
Same reason Twitter refuses to sell to elon for way more than it’s worth.

Same reason companies sack good and sometimes even remote workers for not being vax.

Same reason msm ruined its own credibility and reach by reporting bs for the last 2 (well 20+) years.

Same reason politicians are passing laws that have no benefit and are often detrimental to the country or people they are supposed to be serving.

For the greater good as the nazis used to say.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Lol, no, he's wisely, and smartly selling shiny objects to money chasers. He's playing the supply side, entrepreneurial-side of crypto, not the demand side where every Tom Dick and Harry wants to buy a shitcoin and get rich. Sounds like a smart guy and a smart way to play the crypto game, don't buy shit-coins, sell information/resources/knowledge on the shitcoins.
He’s created his own crypto game not becoming a crypto guru

I guess you’re right though he’s still selling/creating something, not buying coins and hoping.

I guess I didn’t see the value because I’d never buy something like that, and with the market tanking I’m not sure how many will

Still makes no sense to me to start over, just seems like a shiny object

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.