The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India

Thought this was cool, his entrepreneurial inspiration came from my book.

Interesting too that he had multiple failures, even his first crack at YouTube.

Sounds like a dystopian movie. Nope, perfectly real. I've faced the fact that I may never travel ever again if this is the BS I will be facing. "Vax Papers" -- no thanks, I'll stay home.
Sir in a video named "no youtubers will tell you this" . He also mentioned another book named
"The blue ocean strategy". But i think your book changed the mindset and this book gave him the path he wanted. Have you read this book?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Sir in a video named "no youtubers will tell you this" . He also mentioned another book named
"The blue ocean strategy". But i think your book changed the mindset and this book gave him the path he wanted. Have you read this book?
Yes, MJ has read the book. Post linked below.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
460%
Mar 15, 2018
From FS, and excellent post -

Tiny Thought
In every area of life, there is a hidden asymmetry. If you apply your focus like everyone else, you will get the same results as everyone else. Understanding where to apply your focus makes a massive difference in results.

Everyone knows that focus matters. Most people don’t know where to focus. Telling people “to focus more” is about as helpful as telling them to “make better decisions.” Common advice but useless in practice.

Not all focus is equal. Some focus is asymmetric. Knowing where to focus makes a difference.

How do you know where to focus? The answer is a deep fluency in the problem. You need to embed yourself in the problem and the details. You need to try things, reflect, and learn. Sooner or later, you start to understand the hidden asymmetry.

A lot of business people treat all decisions the same, no matter the implications. They’ll spend as much time trying to decide a trivial decision as a major one. A lot of authors focus on the work and miss that how it’s positioned for the audience matters more. A lot of people go to the gym 4 days a week only to miss that what goes into their body and the amount of sleep matter more.

The visible problem might appear to be a lack of focus, but the invisible problem is often not knowing where to focus to get the best results.

In any field, a few areas of focus make an asymmetric difference. Often they’re hiding in plain sight and ignored by most.

One place to find asymmetry is to listen to people talk about others’ success … “that book sold a lot, but did you read it, it’s not well written.” That’s an indication that the quality of writing matters less than you think and something else matters more. Or consider the person that explains another person’s success away with “luck.” There might be an element of luck to it, sure, but when you pull back the curtain, I bet you discover they’re focusing a little bit more on something different. Success leaves clues.

What looks like a lack of focus is often a lack of understanding.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I found out a couple of days ago I've been accepted onto a two week residential course for opera composition, which is awesome.

On the other side both things, I'm having awful trouble getting my teaching website to make any money. It's weird that people will happily pay me to learn from me in person, but seem stingy as hell when it comes to paying me for something pre-recorded.

Feeling a bit ying and yang today.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
It's weird that people will happily pay me to learn from me in person, but seem stingy as hell when it comes to paying me for something pre-recorded.
The same people? I suspect they’re different audiences/markets.

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
The same people? I suspect they’re different audiences/markets.

Different people. I agree that they are definitely different markets, but the total disparity I've experience between the two is boggling. Getting local students is not very difficult with a bit of cash and effort, finding online students seems to be almost impossible.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
Different people. I agree that they are definitely different markets, but the total disparity I've experience between the two is boggling. Getting local students is not very difficult with a bit of cash and effort, finding online students seems to be almost impossible.

You could try deploying intro level classes for free and then level 2 and 3 classes behind the paywall, and incentives to complete all the beginning ones for a discount(even a small one like 10%).

Online courses are hard to build trust with so starting out you might need to give people a risk free way to start.

But I feel your pain, most people value $10 more than 2 hours of their life, but you can use that in reverse to get people in the door.

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
You could try deploying intro level classes for free and then level 2 and 3 classes behind the paywall, and incentives to complete all the beginning ones for a discount(even a small one like 10%).

Online courses are hard to build trust with so starting out you might need to give people a risk free way to start.

But I feel your pain, most people value $10 more than 2 hours of their life, but you can use that in reverse to get people in the door.

That's a good point and a pretty good idea.

Thanks!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
From FS, and excellent post -

Tiny Thought
In every area of life, there is a hidden asymmetry. If you apply your focus like everyone else, you will get the same results as everyone else. Understanding where to apply your focus makes a massive difference in results.

Everyone knows that focus matters. Most people don’t know where to focus. Telling people “to focus more” is about as helpful as telling them to “make better decisions.” Common advice but useless in practice.

Not all focus is equal. Some focus is asymmetric. Knowing where to focus makes a difference.

How do you know where to focus? The answer is a deep fluency in the problem. You need to embed yourself in the problem and the details. You need to try things, reflect, and learn. Sooner or later, you start to understand the hidden asymmetry.

A lot of business people treat all decisions the same, no matter the implications. They’ll spend as much time trying to decide a trivial decision as a major one. A lot of authors focus on the work and miss that how it’s positioned for the audience matters more. A lot of people go to the gym 4 days a week only to miss that what goes into their body and the amount of sleep matter more.

The visible problem might appear to be a lack of focus, but the invisible problem is often not knowing where to focus to get the best results.

In any field, a few areas of focus make an asymmetric difference. Often they’re hiding in plain sight and ignored by most.

One place to find asymmetry is to listen to people talk about others’ success … “that book sold a lot, but did you read it, it’s not well written.” That’s an indication that the quality of writing matters less than you think and something else matters more. Or consider the person that explains another person’s success away with “luck.” There might be an element of luck to it, sure, but when you pull back the curtain, I bet you discover they’re focusing a little bit more on something different. Success leaves clues.

What looks like a lack of focus is often a lack of understanding.

Well said and a must read, and a must implement.

Asymmetry is a big topic in my work. This probably needs it's own thread.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Talk about a culture shock. I am talking about my home city, after being away for a mere 6 months time.

The wife and kids and I headed out for the "lilac festival" in the city today. It is more just a bunch of over priced vendors charged overpriced rates in order to set up a small tent on the side of the road, and they line about a 2km walk that covers 14 or so city blocks down 4th street. It was a chance to get out and spend all day with the family outside though.

The culture shock? Just blue haired commie types and like outrageous trans people all over the place. There was two young females walking behind us at one point talking about how one works in retail and they dress the opposite gender of clothes on the mannequins. They thought it was "powerful and brave". I can't take it. In Mexico there were lots of same sex couples walking and holding hands, but they looked like normal members of society.

Here in Calgary they all had to be dressed up as outrageously and clearly in the opposite direction so that people would see and know. Lots of dudes with boobs and clearly on hormones of some type to get that way, with sun dresses waving in the wind. No shortage of what I assumed to be ladies with legs hairier than mine. Powerful and brave? I'll pass. I just want to stay in my house or a forest. Or some country that is not this one.

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
460%
Mar 15, 2018

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Talk about a culture shock. I am talking about my home city, after being away for a mere 6 months time.

The wife and kids and I headed out for the "lilac festival" in the city today. It is more just a bunch of over priced vendors charged overpriced rates in order to set up a small tent on the side of the road, and they line about a 2km walk that covers 14 or so city blocks down 4th street. It was a chance to get out and spend all day with the family outside though.

The culture shock? Just blue haired commie types and like outrageous trans people all over the place. There was two young females walking behind us at one point talking about how one works in retail and they dress the opposite gender of clothes on the mannequins. They thought it was "powerful and brave". I can't take it. In Mexico there were lots of same sex couples walking and holding hands, but they looked like normal members of society.

Here in Calgary they all had to be dressed up as outrageously and clearly in the opposite direction so that people would see and know. Lots of dudes with boobs and clearly on hormones of some type to get that way, with sun dresses waving in the wind. No shortage of what I assumed to be ladies with legs hairier than mine. Powerful and brave? I'll pass. I just want to stay in my house or a forest. Or some country that is not this one.
As long as they're not hurting you or forcing you to do anything you should probably just... jog on.

It's not my cup of tea either but who cares.

I'm surprised to read something like this here on this forum actually.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

Has this been posted here? Does the author post here?

Really cool business story and big shoutout to millionaire fastlane in the first couple of paragraphs

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020

Has this been posted here? Does the author post here?

Really cool business story and big shoutout to millionaire fastlane in the first couple of paragraphs
He has shouted MJ out a couple of times on Twitter and MJ has posted his tweets on his Instagram

1654514710640.png

View: https://twitter.com/_rchase_/status/1499465728130437130?s=20&t=sWUtbZEE3bCTdAqb0HO4dg

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Alexander Solzhenitsyn survived the worst prison system in the world and his advice? Live not by lies.

Matt Walsh agrees.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Alexander Solzhenitsyn survived the worst prison system in the world and his advice? Live not by lies.

Matt Walsh agrees.

OMG

25 minutes in...

Matt: "So, you are a women's studies professor, what is a woman?"

Prof: Dodges

Matt: "You are literally a women's studies professor, I think it's a pretty simple question."

Prof: "It is simple to me, it is someone who identifies as a woman."

Matt: "Which is what? What are they identifying as?" :rofl:

Prof: "Someone who identifies as a woman."

Matt: "Well now I can say I have been to college. Glad I didn't pay for it."

Gender F*ckery is not really the subject matter that I give a damn about. Do whatever you want... Subjective reality is my concern. To these people, there is no such thing as truth and I find that to be a terminal intellectual cancer. I refuse to be considered a bigot for believing objective truth exists.

Another question needs to be asked... Why are these subjective reality people almost universally economic communists? Why the nearly 1:1 correlation between two totally unrelated things? I will leave that up for you to decide.

I feel bad for people, if they choose to identify as people, in the dating world right now.

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

FUlHHS_X0AE5BaB

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Robbing people is a crime, assault is a crime, murder is a crime. So why all these added laws on top of already existent laws? As a sport shooting enthusiast I am so angry and Canada and their retarded gun grabs going on right now.

That's a great idea! Take all the guns from those who don't commit the crimes! Canada does not have a gun problem, stop going after our legal guns. Or if you want them, I say take them all away from the police, security, and military who have them. No guns on Canadian soil!

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
They are slowly preparing for a new Covid wave and vaccination round in Denmark. Apparently these F*ckers purchased 23 million vaccines for the year of 2022! (for 6 million people). Only 1 million have been used so far. What the F*ck were they thinking. I get so angry.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
460%
Mar 15, 2018
"One leading negotiator explains, “We like deadlines. The shorter, the better. Because once you’ve broken the deadline, you’ve knocked them off their game plan.”" (William Ury, Getting Past No)

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
This is the most disturbing/fascinating thing I've ever seen...

These videos are literally the whole channel, and it has almost 200k subscribers.

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

These videos are literally the whole channel, and it has almost 200k subscribers.

I need a vomit reaction :rofl:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Glad we have happy music instead of the sound effects.

Amazing that channels can get so many subscribers and views for so little "work".

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.