The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Actionfaker

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 12, 2020
NL
P.S. @MTF - add the stretching info to your newsletter. I am curious. Goggins almost died based on his intensity and stretching was huge for him.
Yes please! I read you made some insane progress in just a few days with this program? Would love to read about your experience with it. I've started adding stretching a while back myself and while it feels good and like something I need, I can't say I've made any significant progress, as far as I can tell anyway.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I got a Facebook ads tip from an Instagram meme page of all places and my cost per purchase halved.

No targeting. I've tried it before and it never worked but there you go, that's whats working now.

Run ads with no targeting.

You need an established business with Facebook pixel data for it to work but yeah test it, even if you've tried it in the past.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Google a topographical map of the Yucatan Peninsula, then prepare to laugh at me.
So I guess no “high altitude training” for you, eh? Time to get back to Canada! Hit up North Shore and get sore legs.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Those of you with your own business, do you take a W2 or only a 1040?

I've seen it both ways and I'm curious what your thoughts are. Some are in the camp of "I am the CEO and I will always have a W2 salary" and others are in the camp of "I will never set myself up in a traditional job, even at my own company."

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Those of you with your own business, do you take a W2 or only a 1040?

I've seen it both ways and I'm curious what your thoughts are. Some are in the camp of "I am the CEO and I will always have a W2 salary" and others are in the camp of "I will never set myself up in a traditional job, even at my own company."

I think if your business takes any kind of meaningful profit, you need to take a salary otherwise the IRS will flag you. The salary needs to be a market rate. If your business profits $500K per year and pay yourself nothing, it's a big red flag for the IRS as they view you are avoiding payroll taxes.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I think if your business takes any kind of meaningful profit, you need to take a salary otherwise the IRS will flag you. The salary needs to be a market rate. If your business profits $500K per year and pay yourself nothing, it's a big red flag for the IRS as they view you are avoiding payroll taxes.
That is assuming you are taxed as an S-Corp. You have to pay yourself a reasonable wage.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Okay so on the mask subject:

Fact 1: The size of the virus is 3x smaller than even invisible light.
Fact 2: Visible light (much bigger than invisible light) passes through the mask no problem.
conclusion: the mask doesn't stop the virus at all, it passes through like it's nothing. That's why with epidemics the mask thing was never done, and why bio labs have much more sofisticated equipment. Also multiples studies have been made that show that masks had no effect to lower cases / mortality etc.

On the other hand we have reports from people that were forced to wear masks at work or school or transport for hours a day: acne, headaches have been reported, even among children at school. There is videos of people with an oxymeter showing their O2 saturation droping rapidly after just seconds of wearing a mask. We have no idea what decreasing oxygen for several hours a day does to the developing brain of a child. Or not seeing their classmates faces for months etc. Welcome to Herr Fauci experiment world.

So at this point masks are a symbol of fake science, void virtue signal and authoritarianism.

But just relax man brother Stalin knows what's best for us. Just kidding, I enjoy your post's on entrepreneurship and mindset Antifragile and was nice hearing you on the program with Kak.

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Okay so on the mask subject:

Fact 1: The size of the virus is 3x smaller than even invisible light.
Fact 2: Visible light (much bigger than invisible light) passes through the mask no problem.
conclusion: the mask doesn't stop the virus at all, it passes through like it's nothing. That's why with epidemics the mask thing was never done, and why bio labs have much more sofisticated equipment. Also multiples studies have been made that show that masks had no effect to lower cases / mortality etc.

On the other hand we have reports from people that were forced to wear masks at work or school or transport for hours a day: acne, headaches have been reported, even among children at school. There is videos of people with an oxymeter showing their O2 saturation droping rapidly after just seconds of wearing a mask. We have no idea what decreasing oxygen for several hours a day does to the developing brain of a child. Or not seeing their classmates faces for months etc. Welcome to Herr Fauci experiment world.

So at this point masks are a symbol of fake science, void virtue signal and authoritarianism.

But just relax man brother Stalin knows what's best for us. Just kidding, I enjoy your post's on entrepreneurship and mindset Antifragile and was nice hearing you on the program with Kak.

For the record, I hate wearing a mask and would go to great lengths not to do it :). I believe only N95 mask works well and KN95 works "marginally well". While 99% of the population is wearing something just to comply with regulators but doesn't work at all. Hence your post and argument above stands! We didn't have the right masks and the right masks were so restrictive that after a mere 5 min you feel tired from laboured breathing. I also agree with @MitchC that at this point in the pandemic/endemic - it is stupid beyond reason to keep locking down people (China). In spite of all of that, Lowe's ad didn't and doesn't trigger me like it does with some folks here.

Appreciate the shoutout brother and the positive comments on my threads / interview. I'll try to add more soon to both threads... it's been a crazy time for my business and we've just made a giant leap. Very exciting AND nerve wrecking at the same time.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I've said this before in this thread, but since it recently came up in a self defense video that I was watching...

...NEVER GET INVOLVED IN A DOMESTIC DISPUTE BETWEEN ROMANTIC PARTNERS. EVER!

If you get involved, they will BOTH turn on you, and assuming that you get out of that volcanic situation unscathed, you might have to deal with both of them lying to the police.

I get where you're coming from and why you would want to do that, but don't - you aren't qualified.

Just get away from the situation and call the cops.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 9.39.37 PM.png

Trying to have a PCB designed, and was asking how many hours they roughly thought it would take. Apparently that's trying too much for the guy that charges $110 an hour.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Meanwhile what makes news in Vancouver is a couple who thinks street parking is reserved for them! And calls police on a neighbor trying to park who recorded this on her phone.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
While humorous, the spelling mistakes and grammar drive me crazy.

I am fairly certain the dentist did not say "you be grinding in your sleep".

I understand errors, and thanks to "autocorrect" I make a lot myself on touch screens, but still. I see this kind of stuff everywhere. It is like people celebrate writing and talking like a 5 year old. Cute on a kid, infuriating on an adult.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Saw this quote, couldn't agree more!

"Success is attaining your dream while helping others to benefit from that dream materializing."
- Sugar Ray Leonard

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

I understand errors, and thanks to "autocorrect" I make a lot myself on touch screens, but still. I see this kind of stuff everywhere. It is like people celebrate writing and talking like a 5 year old. Cute on a kid, infuriating on an adult.

It's street hustler's talk, I assume in this case used on purpose to make it funnier. Still, it's not really kid stuff. Grown men use this kind of grammar as it's just street slang.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Lack of capitalisation grates on me.

Onakosa

"When I grow up I want to be ... "
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 23, 2020
UK
I got a Facebook ads tip from an Instagram meme page of all places and my cost per purchase halved.

No targeting. I've tried it before and it never worked but there you go, that's whats working now.

Run ads with no targeting.

You need an established business with Facebook pixel data for it to work but yeah test it, even if you've tried it in the past.
Oh I do this all the time! People recoil back in horror when I tell them. But, FB's algo is far cleverer than I am. It works out who's clicking and does its thing. Works brilliantly.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Lack of capitalisation grates on me.
I read that as "lack of Capitalism grates on me". Both are true, both are acceptable.

So I leave for Canada in a few days. It really makes me sad for a multitude of reasons. I have 6 months to make it so that leaving anywhere doesn't generate this feeling, as every time I travel will be for reasons of my own and not due to situations made up by outside entities that go against my will.

180 days... maybe 200. Lets do this!

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France
I've said this before in this thread, but since it recently came up in a self defense video that I was watching...

If you get involved, they will BOTH turn on you, and assuming that you get out of that volcanic situation unscathed, you might have to deal with both of them lying to the police.

I get where you're coming from and why you would want to do that, but don't - you aren't qualified.

Very true, I'd even argue never to get involved in a dispute that is not your concern... A few weeks ago in a local club here, an 18 yo guy was leaving the place in the middle of the night, probably drunk, when he saw a girl crying in the parking lot. He wanted to help and went to talk to her. He got punched from behind, fell head first to the ground and died of intracranial hemorrhage. F*ck...

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
How many of you wake up in the middle of the night to pee?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane

I had a girlfriend years back that would think it was a good idea to get in between arguing crackhead couples in the middle of the city because she thought it was going to turn into violence against the woman. But they were just crackheads yelling. And then I had to help her get away from both of them.

Thanks Amanda :clap:: good job.

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I had a girlfriend years back that would think it was a good idea to get in between arguing crackhead couples in the middle of the city because she thought it was going to turn into violence against the woman. But they were just crackheads yelling. And then I had to help her get away from both of them.

Thanks Amanda :clap:: good job.

I would have immediately dumped her over that. Glad that you made it out OK.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Every single night, sometimes 2-3 times. If I don't wake up to pee it's a national celebration.

Woah. Do you drink beer in the evenings or take creatine/l-glutamine/another amino in the latter part of the day?

When was the last time you had a blood test + urine sample? Check sodium and glucose.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.