The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
460%
Mar 15, 2018
So where I live, for 30$ a month you get to work out as much as you like. You even get to go into the sauna bathing room and steam room. I decided to bring a childhood buddy of mine, who's pretty scripted and jaded by his environment, to the sauna room to see how good it'll make him feel. I really love this guy and want to see things better for him. I made sure to cover the guest fees to make it easy for him. Two days in a row now. He told me it's one of the best thing that could have happen to him. One of the best thing he could be doing since he laid off smoking. He sees the benefit.

Guess what though?
He said he don't see himself getting a membership, for 30$ a month, because it's too expensive...
The punch line is after he says this.
He called a buddy of his to go eat out later, that'll probably cost him 50$ including tips...
50 dollars for a meal that probably cost 10$ if he cooked at home... 50$ of gluttony > 30$ a month of potentially life changing health benefit and clarity. Lesson learned... don't drag people out of the hell hole, especially if they find it comfortable there.

To each their own. You can’t make people do anything. It’s all internal. But don’t feel bad. You may have planted a seed. It takes time for it to grow. It can be this little act that will bring your buddy to a better life… just down the road.

You can’t un-ring a bell. Hopefully this was you doing just that for your buddy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Dr. Sebastian Martin was an Indian Christian fraudulent in Vasai, Mumbai, Maharashtra. He was the founder Ashirward Prayer Centre. He gained notoriety for claiming chronic illnesses particularly renal problems in public spectacles. He was booked under Black Magic Act for allegedly fraudulently claiming to cure patients. Ironically, he died of renal failure after being released on bail.

Karma is a bitch, ain't it?

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
This is extremely sad and extremely common. I have a LOT of stories like that. People rarely make logical decisions but what's crazier is that they STILL don't make logical decisions when they're clearly in pain and find a viable solution (their brain will for some unfathomable reason rationalize why they shouldn't solve their problem).
For some it might be all they know. No matter how dumb it may sound, but some people would rather choose what they know and are familiar with, even if it hurts them, then changing.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This is extremely sad and extremely common. I have a LOT of stories like that. People rarely make logical decisions but what's crazier is that they STILL don't make logical decisions when they're clearly in pain and find a viable solution (their brain will for some unfathomable reason rationalize why they shouldn't solve their problem).

Because their pain and victimhood is their identity. If you remove the pain and victimhood, you jeopardize their life-long identity and they might not know who they are without it.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Because their pain and victimhood is their identity. If you remove the pain and victimhood, you jeopardize their life-long identity and they might not know who they are without it.

"Zarathustra, however, answered thus unto him who so spake: When one taketh his hump from the hunchback, then doth one take from him his spirit—so do the people teach. And when one giveth the blind man eyes, then doth he see too many bad things on the earth: so that he curseth him who healed him. He, however, who maketh the lame man run, inflicteth upon him the greatest injury; for hardly can he run, when his vices run away with him—so do the people teach concerning cripples."

-Thus Spoke Zarathustra

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Source: Film Financing & Crypto: A Look At Retrogression With Director Anthony Hayes | Alts

Conclusion: don't make movies, start a cinema chain. So absurd that they get 60%.
This should be common sense for fastlaners.

Passions don’t make CENTS.

The chain is the one with control.

Go make movies once you’re rich - or send your trust fund kid to acting school.

Howard Hughes didn’t make his fortune from movies - it came from tools and patents in the oil and gas industry. That money paid for his movies!

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Finally delivered a technology thing today that's been past "due." Or I should say, past when I thought it would be done. But it's done! Great feeling.

Tomorrow I'm ignoring anything business related, short of "the office is on fire and we followed your email instructions to wire all the money to Serbia."

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
This should be common sense for fastlaners.

Passions don’t make CENTS.

The chain is the one with control.

Go make movies once you’re rich - or send your trust fund kid to acting school.

Howard Hughes didn’t make his fortune from movies - it came from tools and patents in the oil and gas industry. That money paid for his movies!
Passions don't make CENTS, but a movie, to me, actually does make CENTS. The movie company has the control. Entry is quite reserved for the big ones. People always want good stories to watch. You make it once and then can earn for decades from a good one. It's easily scalable, especially after its run in the cinemas.

This is just my humble opinion, though. To me, the cinema chains make the most money with the movie's 2 or so months that it runs in the cinemas. Everything after that, or even for some things during that period, makes quite some money for the studio who made it (including the filmmakers). For example merchandise. Streaming rights. Digital and Blue ray sales.

Take the new Spider-Man for example.

Yes. The cinema chains make a lot of money at first. But what happens after the movie is played in theatres? Here in Germany it's available to rent or buy at Amazon for like $22. This money does not go to any cinema chain. Same for all these little Spider-Man figures, t-shirts and all that they probably sold during it was played in cinemas, and continuing to do so afterwards.

Don't get me wrong, that's not meant to say that being an actor or screenwriter is fastlane. There is only a very small number of people of get to such a position as those who work on movies like Spider-Man. What I mean is, that there's more to it than simply the earnings from cinema tickets. And that there are a lot of people, especially behind the scenes of a movie, that I'd consider fastlane.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Passions don't make CENTS, but a movie, to me, actually does make CENTS. The movie company has the control. Entry is quite reserved for the big ones. People always want good stories to watch. You make it once and then can earn for decades from a good one. It's easily scalable, especially after its run in the cinemas.

This is just my humble opinion, though. To me, the cinema chains make the most money with the movie's 2 or so months that it runs in the cinemas. Everything after that, or even for some things during that period, makes quite some money for the studio who made it (including the filmmakers). For example merchandise. Streaming rights. Digital and Blue ray sales.

Take the new Spider-Man for example.

Yes. The cinema chains make a lot of money at first. But what happens after the movie is played in theatres? Here in Germany it's available to rent or buy at Amazon for like $22. This money does not go to any cinema chain. Same for all these little Spider-Man figures, t-shirts and all that they probably sold during it was played in cinemas, and continuing to do so afterwards.

Don't get me wrong, that's not meant to say that being an actor or screenwriter is fastlane. There is only a very small number of people of get to such a position as those who work on movies like Spider-Man. What I mean is, that there's more to it than simply the earnings from cinema tickets. And that there are a lot of people, especially behind the scenes of a movie, that I'd consider fastlane.
fair enough. the movie - the product - can be pretty great. Products that come in media formats are often cited here on the forum.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This gentleman emailed me and said my book (Unscripted ) was instrumental in getting his business started, and that now he recommends it anytime he can. Nice story, warms my heart.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This gentleman emailed me and said my book (Unscripted ) was instrumental in getting his business started, and that now he recommends it anytime he can. Nice story, warms my heart.

Great little video and great little product. Changing lives MJ. Nice story indeed.

As a side note… little videos like that are getting easier and easier to make with affordable software out there. Interesting seeing it on the BBC website.

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India

Sir why aren't you uploading videos on YouTube. They are great and give much insight in short amount of time.

ijack

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Dec 27, 2021
Wordle
Fun word puzzle game to get your brain firing in the morning.

Eventually you start making up words like Kramer playing Scrabble with Jerry, but it's always more simple than you thought :happy:
I love this game. I’ve been playing wordle. I think I struggle with that particular vowel combination every time. And sometime have no other way to go but to use help of Wordle Cheat - Wordle Answer Finder . Cool site.

Last edited:

Angler

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Sep 9, 2021
Thought this was a solid gold nugget that described process and the market being the judge.
Main sauce is in the last 3 paragraphs.
@Andy Black, awesome recommendation!

Attachments

• F29C1A4A-1E4B-4737-8DA9-0974E4552929.jpeg
    F29C1A4A-1E4B-4737-8DA9-0974E4552929.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 45

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Rumor has it that if you drive back into Canada without a verxinootion they flag you for future "no travel lists". They also check your social media for any support of the "emergency act invoking protests" which were deemed legal provincially, and yet shut down by federal militarized police. So supporting things that the Liberals disagree with politically will land you in hot Canadian water. Lovely country.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Rumor has it that if you drive back into Canada without a verxinootion they flag you for future "no travel lists". They also check your social media for any support of the "emergency act invoking protests" which were deemed legal provincially, and yet shut down by federal militarized police. So supporting things that the Liberals disagree with politically will land you in hot Canadian water. Lovely country.

As I got older, I wanted to do more world travel-- looks like countries are making it very easy for me to decide where to visit, and where to avoid. Australia and New Zealand were recently also crossed off the list. If you treat your citizens like cattle or middle school children, I have no interest in visiting your country, no matter how "beautiful" it might be.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
As I got older, I wanted to do more world travel-- looks like countries are making it very easy for me to decide where to visit, and where to avoid. Australia and New Zealand were recently also crossed off the list. If you treat your citizens like cattle or middle school children, I have no interest in visiting your country, no matter how "beautiful" it might be.

Have you started yet or are you waiting for the COVID restrictions to be gone for the foreseeable future?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Have you started yet or are you waiting for the COVID restrictions to be gone for the foreseeable future?

No.
Yes.

If any country wants to invade my privacy and demands to know my personal vax status, they can go F*ck themselves. I'll go somewhere else, or stay home.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011

Hit me up if you need any tips on traveling. I've been to 30+ countries and traveled during the pandemic as well (and I mostly also avoided countries with shitty C19 entry rules).

I personally wouldn't worry too much about visiting Australia or New Zealand (though Australia IS a pain to get in; even pre-C19 they interrogated people and used a drug sniffing dog) but would definitely NOT go to China.

I've been to Qatar where I took pictures in the wrong place (it was a regular residential area, not any governmental buildings) and the private security guy (or whoever he was) scared me to death as I thought he would arrest me (stuff like that has happened in the region and it's an ugly experience). I quickly retreated as he hesitated what to do. NOT a fun traveling experience if you're in a place where you're scared of taking pictures. In China, that would probably be 100x worse (and this post alone would probably mark me as a threat if I ever wanted to visit).

Right now, I wouldn't look at just the entry rules but also local mask requirements. I've been living mask-free since March and I have no intention of traveling to a country where mask wearing is still a thing (so even a theoretically "free" place like Mexico is not an option).

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Speaking of all this… Are there any people here that are legitimately anti 5G? I know this is a thing and I just can’t wrap my head around that.

Last year I went to an anti lockdown protest here in my city, a capital of an Argentinian state. There was a legitimate doctor (he has worked in a hospital in the city for years and it's well known) speaking to the crowd of the dangers of the vax and also he went quite at length talking against 5g. What I remember, it has something to do with our "calcium channels" of our body cells, our whole body is electric in a way and 5g would disrupt that according to him. I'm not saying is the truth or not but for a doctor to go talk in public with a mic and all, he must really believe it's bad. He said doctors don't study about calcium channels at all in university. I wish I remembered more. Maybe I could ask him and say hey its just cause Kyle want's to know lol

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Last year I went to an anti lockdown protest here in my city, a capital of an Argentinian state. There was a legitimate doctor (he has worked in a hospital in the city for years and it's well known) speaking to the crowd of the dangers of the vax and also he went quite at length talking against 5g. What I remember, it has something to do with our "calcium channels" of our body cells, our whole body is electric in a way and 5g would disrupt that according to him. I'm not saying is the truth or not but for a doctor to go talk in public with a mic and all, he must really believe it's bad. He said doctors don't study about calcium channels at all in university. I wish I remembered more. Maybe I could ask him and say hey its just cause Kyle want's to know lol
Let’s invite him on the show!

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
No.
Yes.

If any country wants to invade my privacy and demands to know my personal vax status, they can go F*ck themselves. I'll go somewhere else, or stay home.
This reminds me... there have been conferences with pre-conference "fill out vax card" parties. The vax status thing is a sham. They can't and never will know anyone's 'status,' regardless of how much documentation is required. Even if they start chipping people, it will just create a market for counterfeit RFID chips.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Finally delivered a technology thing today that's been past "due." Or I should say, past when I thought it would be done. But it's done! Great feeling.

Tomorrow I'm ignoring anything business related, short of "the office is on fire and we followed your email instructions to wire all the money to Serbia."
Now they want us to fix more problems. For multiple departments! Where does it all end?! :'(

Oh well, at least the clients are nice.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I haven't looked into this with the 5th generation cell signals, but calcium channel activation -- or, changing the membrane potentials related to calcium gates in the nerve cell -- is in fact possible and could have many effects. TMS, which is a form of magnetic stimulation, uses it to force/increase or suppress the activation of neurons in the brain, for medical purposes. The same with TDCS, which uses very low power DC signals to activate or deactivate parts of the brain, and TNS which does the same for pain receptors using electrode pads. It's been known for several years that MRI can be used at a particular power and frequency to basically stop someone from thinking.

So, while I usually hear 5G claims and think they're pretty wild (aliens are using it to unleash the lizard people!), the mechanism this doctor mentioned is not outside the realm of plausible risks. Maybe I'll buy one of those anti-microwave Faraday beanies after all? Heh...

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
5g..... oh boy! Are all the other wavelengths being blasted through our bodies any better than 5g? How come no one complains about any of the others?

However, I am VERY interested in making an entire section of my house a faraday cage. I can still have internet and everything, just wire it up. Leave my phone outside that part of the house and pump the volume into other places in case I am expecting an important call or something.

I want to build a house in Mexico, they are all cinderblock and concrete here. It should be pretty easy to have half the house made up to block all signals.

Oh, and Canada wants to now ban travel for all unveerrhooovinhooven for 3 years!! Why three years you ask? Probably because that is the expiration date of his marriage with the socialists and he will probably be kicked out of office. Mind you the conservative party is running a leadership race right now, and anyone who doesn't tow the WEF line is slowly being attacked and dropped. They need a Carbon tax, mandates, government control, less freedom. If those boxes are not checked then don't apply! Goooooooooo Canada!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.