The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quick Question About Adwords

Marketing, social media, advertising

SlowlaneJay

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Oct 25, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia
EDIT: I'm a moron. Managed to solve my own question. Answer is here: http://convergent1.com/differences-graph-chart-adwords-using-houston-marketing-firm/

:headbanger:

Original:
Just a quick question. I ran search on a keyword and received the following:

tsupCT0.jpg

Now the average monthly searches is very low if you only look at the table. But in the graph it's at 3700 for April.

I tried to Google it and figure out what the difference is, but can't seem to get the right search query.

Any idea why the graph looks great, but the table doesn't? At 3700 searches, I could see this being a great opportunity. At 10, it's probably not worth it.

Thanks!

@Andy Black is there any chance I could enlist your supreme wisdom here? ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Blimey. You learn something new every day. I knew the table was exact match. I didn't know the graph was broad match.

TBH, I never even look at the graph, and I take the numbers in the table with a pinch of salt.

To get real data, just load up a campaign and bid low. :)

Like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

SlowlaneJay

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Oct 25, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia
Thank you sir. I've read all your Adwords posts, including the one you've linked there. Fantastic stuff!

I don't tend to look at the graph either. But this time I was… dismayed, I guess, at the low Avg. monthly searches. So I guess I was grasping at straws (or bars).

Anyway. Idea is dead. I called a business that offers something similar and looked around online— not worth pursuing.

Thanks again!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
It might not be dead.

Remember that those 10 estimated searches a month are exact match. Someone from Google once told me that the keyword planner is at it's flakiest when the volume is very low or very high.

If you're doing local lead generation, then try loading up your "seed" search term, plus a list of big cities where people might search for that seed.

The most common permutation for a geo-modified search is "seed location" (e.g. plumbers dublin).

People tend to put the WHAT before the WHERE.

Anyway, the keyword planner has a handy tool to allow you to multiply lists:

1C5CBBX.png

If it's local lead gen that you're doing, then try loading all those permutations up.

There's a video linked to somewhere in my brain dump showing how to load in bulk.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.