The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Question] IS it possible to make it while hating sales and talking to people?

OneLife

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 8, 2019
Israel
It's not that I fear rejection or have some kind of self limiting beliefs.

I was a real estate agent and was rejected left and right, knocking on people's doors, so I already know that it's not the issue.

Thing is, I just hate selling to people and having to talk to people whenever I don't want to. So I built an eCom business, cause its online. I can just sit on my computer, blast music and work on stuff I like.

But sometimes I think about building businesses that actually give tons of value, like building a digital marketing agency. Then I think about having to sell to people and I'm automatically 'restraining'.

So here's a question, would it be viable if I just hire a person to do the sales part for me? And I'll be the one running everything on the back end?

Will it 'take something away' from the value I provide or make it harder for my business to succeed?

I know this question might sound stupid but I always have this thought in my mind and wanted to listen to some opinions.

Thanks fellas

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
It's not that I fear rejection or have some kind of self limiting beliefs.

I was a real estate agent and was rejected left and right, knocking on people's doors, so I already know that it's not the issue.

Thing is, I just hate selling to people and having to talk to people whenever I don't want to. So I built an eCom business, cause its online. I can just sit on my computer, blast music and work on stuff I like.

But sometimes I think about building businesses that actually give tons of value, like building a digital marketing agency. Then I think about having to sell to people and I'm automatically 'restraining'.

So here's a question, would it be viable if I just hire a person to do the sales part for me? And I'll be the one running everything on the back end?

Will it 'take something away' from the value I provide or make it harder for my business to succeed?

I know this question might sound stupid but I always have this thought in my mind and wanted to listen to some opinions.

Thanks fellas
Hating selling is like hating a screwdriver.
Its a tool that you use in your business.
Can you pay someone else to use the screwdriver? Sure.
They better care for what you got to offer though, otherwise bye bye to sales.

OneLife

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 8, 2019
Israel
Hating selling is like hating a screwdriver.
Its a tool that you use in your business.
Can you pay someone else to use the screwdriver? Sure.
They better care for what you got to offer though, otherwise bye bye to sales.

Thanks man. So basically, If I find a person who I believe represents the values of my not yet existing agency, and will do a great job in communicating those to potential customers - I can then remove myself of the sales equation and just focus on running the business and on the service, without hurting the value I provide.

Did I hit it?

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I think when your passionate about the idea and opportunity it’s usually strong enough to overcome the dread and anxiety of having to work with people.

I’ve struggled with this myself. Having low self confidence and being an introvert. But as you become more skilled and experienced in the field and market it gets easier to have confidence in working with people. A clear mind helps with working with people without fear of looking dumb or being rejected.

But it really depends on the business model and your product. If you have to pitch your idea to investors or buyers then your gonna have to get over it. People control money and resources so it does help not being so anti-people. Work on yourself and be someone people wanna work with.

But to answer the question, yes it’s possible. Anything is possible(something an attorney would say). It just puts the odds in your favor if you work with people.

Last edited:
G

Guest1413tpa

It is. Stop putting it in a box as sales, rethink it as a conversation about the value you provide. Being more like a friendly human is best, someone told me once.

Your value should sell for you also.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Thanks man. So basically, If I find a person who I believe represents the values of my not yet existing agency, and will do a great job in communicating those to potential customers - I can then remove myself of the sales equation and just focus on running the business and on the service, without hurting the value I provide.

Did I hit it?
Yup, pretty much.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Sales:
  • What if sales was just screening people to find those who want to buy what you're selling?
  • What if people bought your product and it improved their lives and they were (vocally) super grateful for it?
  • What if you had a positive feedback loop of people telling you or the world how much your product or services help them?

Talking to people:
  • What if talking to people meant you just asked them simple questions and then listened to them open up about their lives?
  • What if you assumed everyone has some topic(s) they'll light up when they talk about, and it's your job to find out what those topics are? (Hint... it's often related to them and what they love.)

Maybe these might help:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.