The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question for experienced Amazon Sellers

Marketing, social media, advertising

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Hey guys!

So, up until recently I have just been sending people a digital PDF of The Phoenix Journal or Phoenix Planner as an attachment with order confirmation on Amazon.

Recently I decided to attach another PDF which has a link to video tutorials, where they just enter their email and get free access (nothing is being sold on the site, just videos hosted) - as well as a promotion telling them that they can tag PhoenixPlanner on IG with their testimonial for a 35% discount.

Is any of this in violation of Amazon's terms?

I greatly appreciate any help :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Is any of this in violation of Amazon's terms?

Yes.

Prohibited seller activities and actions - Amazon Seller Central

Attempts to divert transactions or buyers:
Any attempt to circumvent the established Amazon sales process or to divert Amazon users to another website or sales process is prohibited. Specifically, any advertisements, marketing messages (special offers) or "calls to action" that lead, prompt, or encourage Amazon users to leave the Amazon website are prohibited. This might include the use of emails, hyperlinks, URLs, or web addresses within any seller-generated confirmation email messages or any product/listing description fields.

Inappropriate email communications:
Unsolicited emails to Amazon customers (other than as necessary for order fulfillment and related customer service) and emails related to marketing communications of any kind are prohibited.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Yes.

Prohibited seller activities and actions - Amazon Seller Central

Attempts to divert transactions or buyers:
Any attempt to circumvent the established Amazon sales process or to divert Amazon users to another website or sales process is prohibited. Specifically, any advertisements, marketing messages (special offers) or "calls to action" that lead, prompt, or encourage Amazon users to leave the Amazon website are prohibited. This might include the use of emails, hyperlinks, URLs, or web addresses within any seller-generated confirmation email messages or any product/listing description fields.

Inappropriate email communications:
Unsolicited emails to Amazon customers (other than as necessary for order fulfillment and related customer service) and emails related to marketing communications of any kind are prohibited.

What if within my product photos/description it says that you get access to tutorial videos upon order? I have a competitor - Panda Planner - who links to a video tutorial site on the front page of his planner... but I don't think he sends it in a PDF.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
You cant divert any amazon customer info from their site to yours. Sure some people do it but they rarely get away with it.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
You cant divert any amazon customer info from their site to yours. Sure some people do it but they rarely get away with it.
One way that people do get away with it is to incorporate their URL in their product labels or within the body of the product. (By way of a mold or imprint.)

Walter

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
One way that people do get away with it is to incorporate their URL in their product labels or within the body of the product. (By way of a mold or imprint.)

Walter
True I do this but I think it’s different cause I can’t imagine them asking for Nike or Sony to remove their logos and urls from their packaging

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
True I do this but I think it’s different cause I can’t imagine them asking for Nike or Sony to remove their logos and urls from their packaging
I was referring to labels on the product, not on the packaging. Also, if the label is a part of the product it must be seen by the customer.

I have posted in other threads suggesting that the label with URL can be permanently attached to the product using one of a large number of methods, many of which I explain in my labeling book.

Walter

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.