The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Put in my 2 weeks 1.5 weeks ago and I don't won't to work for anyone else (other than clients) again...HELP

DW85014

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 10, 2022
So I have been working non-stop at agency focusing on Facebook ads and helping about 70 clients with non-stop zooms and reports and Ad audits and for the 2nd time in short time there I resigned but I am letting this one stick.

Weirdly enough, the evening I put in my 2 weeks I got another job offer. I tentatively accepted it and then later in the week (last week) the owner of the new company (more of a web design/lead gen company) said he hadn't received my background check as of yet. I told him I hadn't yet received the offer letter. I found the finishing step in the background check process ( I passed) and he re-sent the offer letter but it was for slightly less than what we had agreed on over the phone. I replied back to him - first via email and then over text that this wasn't exactly what we had discussed. It's been almost a week with no contact. I also looked at the reviews for the company and they are even worse than the company I am leaving it has 2.3 stars with 2 of the reviews being likely management plants.

In my heart and soul, I really want to build a brand, make much more than I have ever made and get out of this slow lane I'm in. I have enough saved up to survive for a few months without taking on any debt but I know my fiance is nervous and wants me to take another job soon.

I have 4+ years of experience in Facebook ads and have been dabbling in some form of digital marketing for the past 10 years

If you've read this far I have a question for you assuming you've made it to the Fastlane:

What would you do in 30 days that would keep you from joining back to the slow lane and making at least 5K a month and hopefully scaling beyond that in future months?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BaiAnrui

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 30, 2019
The Netherlands
I think there are some red flags.
The biggest mistakes I made in collaborations that later came to nothing were ignoring the red flags.

Be patient, often when you say no, new opportunities arise.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
What would you do in 30 days that would keep you from joining back to the slow lane and making at least 5K a month and hopefully scaling beyond that in future months?

I’ve read this far…

But you may not like what I have to say.

You posted your story and hopefully someone like me enjoying morning coffee waiting for my first bowel movement reads it. Some of us may even reply with “get a job / don’t get a job/ go freelance / don’t go freelance” and back it up with all kinds of reasons. But it won’t be as helpful as you seem to think. You can do better. How?

Change the direction of how you get help. Instead of wanting general forum to start telling you what to do… What if you researched here and found members who are most similar to your situation but a few (good) steps ahead? What if you followed their progress threads and asked them questions there? How helpful would that be?

Why do I say this?

Because entrepreneurs are inventors, problem solvers. What are you doing to invent a solution to your current predicament? Your post is just a typical reaction and a plea for help. It’s not creative because it’s what 99.99% of people in your situation would do!

You asked for advice… that’s my advice. Think of a different way to get what you want. Whatever is obvious is obvious to everyone and isn’t that great.

Good luck.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Break my fingers to prevent me typing an application or dialing a phone to apply for a job.

Then I'd pray the insurance pays 5k a month because there's no way to go from zero to 5k MRR in 30 days.

Unless you're Johnny Boy

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I’ve read this far…

But you may not like what I have to say.

You posted your story and hopefully someone like me enjoying morning coffee waiting for my first bowel movement reads it. Some of us may even reply with “get a job / don’t get a job/ go freelance / don’t go freelance” and back it up with all kinds of reasons. But it won’t be as helpful as you seem to think. You can do better. How?

Change the direction of how you get help. Instead of wanting general forum to start telling you what to do… What if you researched here and found members who are most similar to your situation but a few (good) steps ahead? What if you followed their progress threads and asked them questions there? How helpful would that be?

Why do I say this?

Because entrepreneurs are inventors, problem solvers. What are you doing to invent a solution to your current predicament? Your post is just a typical reaction and a plea for help. It’s not creative because it’s what 99.99% of people in your situation would do!

You asked for advice… that’s my advice. Think of a different way to get what you want. Whatever is obvious is obvious to everyone and isn’t that great.

Good luck.

This should be a stand alone post. Gold.

Then pull an Andy Black and link it on so many other Help me threads.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018

This thread prompted me to write this:

DW85014

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 10, 2022
Hey guys - I just wanted to give a mini-update in case anyone is interested.

A Week into my "Boss Sabbatical" I have acquired 3 clients and I think I have a cold calling structure that should allow me to grab some more.

I've been paid $750 so far and I'm owed about $2300 for my services thus far.

I've also started learning TikTok and have been gaining a few followers -(Carte Blanche Media (@carteblanchemedia) TikTok | Watch Carte Blanche Media's Newest TikTok Videos if anyone wants to check out my main page)

What I need right now is just help guidance on either cold calls/ Sales/ closing. I know I can search through this great forum but if anyone has any shortcuts on who to follow or posts to review - let me know.

DW85014

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 10, 2022
I wanted to write an update, mainly for the selfish reason of keeping track of the journey.

Although I didn't hit $5000 a month in 30 days, I have now exceeded that threshold for a few months now and trying to figure out how to get to $10K a month with less effort. (Any and all ideas are welcome)

The other thing on my mind is possibly taking a job - not because I need the funds - but for twofold reasons:
1) Mortgage companies like a "stable job" more than this entrepreneur-life income (don't have enough to buy outright yet)
2) Self-Employed Health Insurance sucks a tad (Example: I went to my Dr. w/ crappy insurance in tow just for a routine check and after a couple of blood tests I got a couple of bills totaling over $2000! It would've been $150 or less - I imagine - with good insurance)

All that being said, I'm blessed that two messages I got so far today so far were about people wanting to do business with me.

That being said, if there are other internet marketers here (which I'm guessing there has to be TONS) and you want to be interviewed for my Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfn9IMz3OomUNqD4pgPyk5Q - Please reach out: darrell@carteblanchemedia.us or schedule a time: Marketing Show Interview - Darrell White

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I wanted to write an update, mainly for the selfish reason of keeping track of the journey.

Although I didn't hit $5000 a month in 30 days, I have now exceeded that threshold for a few months now and trying to figure out how to get to $10K a month with less effort. (Any and all ideas are welcome)

The other thing on my mind is possibly taking a job - not because I need the funds - but for twofold reasons:
1) Mortgage companies like a "stable job" more than this entrepreneur-life income (don't have enough to buy outright yet)
2) Self-Employed Health Insurance sucks a tad (Example: I went to my Dr. w/ crappy insurance in tow just for a routine check and after a couple of blood tests I got a couple of bills totaling over $2000! It would've been $150 or less - I imagine - with good insurance)

All that being said, I'm blessed that two messages I got so far today so far were about people wanting to do business with me.

That being said, if there are other internet marketers here (which I'm guessing there has to be TONS) and you want to be interviewed for my Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfn9IMz3OomUNqD4pgPyk5Q - Please reach out: darrell@carteblanchemedia.us or schedule a time: Marketing Show Interview - Darrell White

You still haven't changed your mindset?

At least in my state, the difference between a cheap insurance plan and the best insurance plan on the exchanges is about $300.

You're someone who has in (I'm estimating) 3ish months generated recurring 5K revenue.

But instead of focusing your time to grow from 5 to 10 to 15 to 20, you're actually thinking about taking a job because of insurance? The extra $300 expenditure will keep you from making an extra 15 grand a month...

The same problem with buying a house. You're almost done with year one of this business. By the end of year two, the bank is going to give you credit for your business. Housing prices are going down and not up, so you don't want to buy right now anyway.

Oh you're worried about interest rates going up?

Keep growing the way you're growing, be frugal with your money, and by the end of year three or four you'll be able to pay cash for a house...

This thread prompted me to write this:

I was today years old when I learned that I had some small part and you writing that thread.

Congrats on the Gold thread. May it help many on their journey.

Funny twist.

I'm kind of laughing because I've seen you tell new people to read that thread you wrote, and I don't think I've read it, but I remember thinking quietly to myself:

This Antifragile guy sure thinks highly of his own advice, doesn't he?

Well apparently I do too because I'm the one that put you up to it!

And I'm pleased to learn that my prediction of Gold was accurate.

hysterical-laughter.gif

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Haha. I do. If I didn't, no one else would either! :rofl:

Thanks! The irony here is that while what I write hopefully helps many, it already helps me. Sometimes we need to remind ourselves first. Thinking on "paper" is the best kind of thinking.

DW85014

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 10, 2022
You still haven't changed your mindset?

At least in my state, the difference between a cheap insurance plan and the best insurance plan on the exchanges is about $300.

You're someone who has in (I'm estimating) 3ish months generated recurring 5K revenue.

But instead of focusing your time to grow from 5 to 10 to 15 to 20, you're actually thinking about taking a job because of insurance? The extra $300 expenditure will keep you from making an extra 15 grand a month...

The same problem with buying a house. You're almost done with year one of this business. By the end of year two, the bank is going to give you credit for your business. Housing prices are going down and not up, so you don't want to buy right now anyway.

Oh you're worried about interest rates going up?

Keep growing the way you're growing, be frugal with your money, and by the end of year three or four you'll be able to pay cash for a house...

I was today years old when I learned that I had some small part and you writing that thread.

Funny twist.

I'm kind of laughing because I've seen you tell new people to read that thread you wrote, and I don't think I've read it, but I remember thinking quietly to myself:

Well apparently I do too because I'm the one that put you up to it!

And I'm pleased to learn that my prediction of Gold was accurate.

View attachment 45827
Still working on the mindset for sure. Thanks for the feedback.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...