The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Progress of a teen understanding and winning in the real world - Progress Thread

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Nightwolf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Mar 15, 2023
Hello, fellow fastlaners,
From today I will start documenting my progress and transition into a fastlaner.

GOAL:
1. Become a multi-millionaire.
2. Move to the U.S.
3. Build a fastlane business.
4. Adopt a fastlane Mindset.
5. Have an impact on this world by helping as many people as I possibly can with the money I have.
6. Make my dad proud.

WHY:
I am tired of seeing my friends drifting through life. They don't have fire in their eyes as a youngster should, and no passion whatsoever, they just wake up, go to class, use social media, sleep, and then repeat. NO MORE. I am tired of seeing people on the streets trying to get enough money for a single meal and taking days as they come. NO MORE. I am tired of seeing my dad work so hard just so that he can pay the medical fee for my grandparents' treatments and save enough for my college. I couldn't see him cry. NO MORE. I WILL become a MILLIONAIRE. I WILL help EVERYONE I possibly can. I WILL become the best version of myself and have an impact!

HOW IT STARTED:
I asked out my crush about 18 months ago and got rejected. I also drifted through life back then, playing games 10 to 12 hours a day, with no physical activity whatsoever, I started watching "motivational, sigma videos" and then asked her AGAIN 10 months later (I know, I was desperate) and got rejected AGAIN. The 2nd rejection was the push I needed. Slowly but surely I changed, I improved. I started reading books 8 months ago, stopped playing games completely, watched my mindset shift, watched my progress, started going to the gym, fixed my diet, lost 15 pounds, and became lean. I am still very grateful to her for calling me crazy.

HOW IT'S GOING:
I have read about 10 self-improvement books and now am diving into entrepreneurship. I have started Daily Journaling as my new year's resolution. I have taken on kickboxing as a sport. I know how to build websites from the ground up and am capable of learning anything I set my mind to. I have stopped associating with people who are not worth my time and try not to catch feelings for girls. (Though that's not going very well as of now, I am trying my Best!). I have recruited a team on discord who get together and build some projects. (we are currently on a potential money tree)

THE PLAN:
Each goal above has sub-goals that have to be achieved. I have decided to build a business in a 7 to 10-year time period. This will ensure a high entry barrier which shall satisfy the commandment of Entry. I am basically willing to not earn anything for 7 years in return for a business worth billions with a 7-year entry barrier which ensures low to no competition. For the next year and a half till I get into college (yes, I plan to attend a specific college that teaches you business by actually doing, they don't have assignments but instead, you have to start your own business as an assignment) I will upskill myself. I will refine my web development skills. Learn marketing, sales, digital marketing, video editing, and anything else that might be valuable and a high-paying skill. I will also read as many business books as possible and start getting into the producer mindset. Then when I get into college, I will establish a great network and start a business according to the needs of people of that time or anticipated future needs.

YOUR ROLE:
Any and all advice will be indispensable to my progress. I am open to all suggestions and comments. I depend on you, yes YOU, to guide me so that I don't get derailed from my goal and stay on track. Thanks for taking out your invaluable time to read this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
Solid motivation.

2. Move to the U.S.
5. Have an impact on this world by helping as many people as I possibly can with the money I have.
6. Make my dad proud.
Thinking like a fastlaner should be the top of this list.
Your mindset and your actions will make everything else possible.

I have decided to build a business in a 7 to 10-year time period. This will ensure a high entry barrier which shall satisfy the commandment of Entry. I am basically willing to not earn anything for 7 years in return for a business worth billions with a 7-year entry barrier which ensures low to no competition.
I would rather split the process into several smaller stages with their own milestones. You don't have to go from 0 to 1bn in a single attempt.

Aim to become profitable in the next 12 months. It doesn't matter how little the profit is. Any amount is better than none.

For the first milestone set the bar low enough so you don't get discouraged. Achieve the milestone. Move on to the next one.

WHY:
I am tired of seeing my friends drifting through life. They don't have fire in their eyes as a youngster should, and no passion whatsoever, they just wake up, go to class, use social media, sleep, and then repeat.
You are not your friends, you are not other people.
Their life is their business, your life is your business.

The only person that you should try to change if you no longer like their behavior, is yourself.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Nightwolf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Mar 15, 2023
Thinking like a fastlaner should be the top of this list.
Your mindset and your actions will make everything else possible
The goals aren't listed in the order in which I plan to conquer them, they are unordered. And I agree completely, your mindset affects your beliefs which affects your thoughts which finally affects your actions.
I would rather split the process into several smaller stages with their own milestones. You don't have to go from 0 to 1bn in a single attempt.

Aim to become profitable in the next 12 months. It doesn't matter how little the profit is. Any amount is better than none.

For the first milestone set the bar low enough so you don't get discouraged. Achieve the milestone. Move on to the next one.
So I should try to be profitable in the next 12 months and then build on top of it until I achieve the 7-year mark? Or should I try a short-term business to learn how it works? and if you mean Case #1 wouldn't that mean the entry barrier is easy to break, if I am already generating profits within only 12 months?

You are not your friends, you are not other people.
Their life is their business, your life is your business.

The only person that you should try to change if you no longer like their behavior, is yourself.
I just wish...... I could help them, you know.... make them realize this is not how you live.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!
Thanks a lot! And thanks you so much for taking out time to read a kid's dream and support him, it means a lot.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
So I should try to be profitable in the next 12 months and then build on top of it until I achieve the 7-year mark? Or should I try a short-term business to learn how it works? and if you mean Case #1 wouldn't that mean the entry barrier is easy to break, if I am already generating profits within only 12 months?
Both are viable routes to take.
Either way, you should make sure that you have a steady stream of income as soon as possible.

You can use the money to reinvest in your main business and further your education.

Anything that requires at least 3 months to build is a solid enough entry barrier for the start. You can go up from there.

But as I've said, it's extremely important to build gradually in small increments. You do not have the funds or knowledge to run a large scale business when you first start out.

So dream big, start small, start now, and keep making progress towards your end vision.

I just wish...... I could help them, you know.... make them realize this is not how you live.
Help yourself first and lead by example.
Create an awesome life for yourself. Those that want to do the same will start listening to what you're saying. Until you make it happen for yourself, all your words are wasted effort.

Thanks a lot! And thanks you so much for taking out time to read a kid's dream and support him, it means a lot.
Anytime friend!
I would encourage you to start a progress thread to make sure you are moving in the right direction in an objective, measurable manner.

Let's get to work.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jan 18, 2022
There are two sides to this coin.

On one hand, it's a shame to watch people you care about waste their lives, have absolutely no ambition, etc. Just for them to hit 40+ and realize they're broke and have no purpose.

On the other hand, there is more than 1 way to live life, and it isn't up to us to determine how other people should live theirs (at least, it shouldn't be).

Not everyone values the same things you do. Focus on what you're doing because the truth is, even after you've reached your success, the people that simply don't care still won't change because real change requires effort and commitment. So, even when your success proves it CAN be done, it won't change the fact they'd still have to put in the time and work.

Nightwolf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Mar 15, 2023
I would encourage you to start a progress thread to make sure you are moving in the right direction in an objective, measurable manner.
Isn't this a progress thread? I thought I will continue to post my progress in this thread. I don't really know how this works yet, sorry. How do I make a progress thread if this isn't one?

Not everyone values the same things you do. Focus on what you're doing because the truth is, even after you've reached your success, the people that simply don't care still won't change because real change requires effort and commitment. So, even when your success proves it CAN be done, it won't change the fact they'd still have to put in the time and work.
Wow. True words of wisdom. I understand. Thank you

Nightwolf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Mar 15, 2023
Log 1: 21st March 2023

My cousin invited me to a free "seminar" of sorts given by an 18-year-old entrepreneur whose company is valued at $10M for free. It was supposed to be a 2-day seminar on the weekend. When I arrived, I realized that I was a beta tester of his new course launch. His idea was to charge $60 for it and during the course, he would teach the attendees to earn those $60 back. When the course was about to start, an investor called and he closed a $420,000 deal right in front of me. As for the $60, no one was able to earn that. Regardless of this, I made friends with this amazing person, and since I am into web development I asked if I could intern at his company. He agreed once I learn the concepts needed. So I have started learning the required concepts and will start interning at his company in a few months and get to know how the company works from the inside firsthand.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Help yourself first and lead by example.
This!

There was a guy my age in my neighborhood who was a sidewalker and kept calling my efforts futile until I hit my first $200/mo. Seeing I was picking up traction, he's now interested and going in the right direction.

Your results will motivate others around you. Your words have the Tate element so I'll use his example. If he weren't a kickboxer, multimillionaire and was in great shape, would you listen to him?

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Log 1: 21st March 2023

My cousin invited me to a free "seminar" of sorts given by an 18-year-old entrepreneur whose company is valued at $10M for free. It was supposed to be a 2-day seminar on the weekend. When I arrived, I realized that I was a beta tester of his new course launch. His idea was to charge $60 for it and during the course, he would teach the attendees to earn those $60 back. When the course was about to start, an investor called and he closed a $420,000 deal right in front of me. As for the $60, no one was able to earn that. Regardless of this, I made friends with this amazing person, and since I am into web development I asked if I could intern at his company. He agreed once I learn the concepts needed. So I have started learning the required concepts and will start interning at his company in a few months and get to know how the company works from the inside firsthand.
Do you know what industry that 18 y/o deals in? Is he in the business of selling courses? A $420,000 deal, $10M company valuation at 18 is interesting. Would love to hear what he does

Nightwolf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Mar 15, 2023
Do you know what industry that 18 y/o deals in? Is he in the business of selling courses? A $420,000 deal, $10M company valuation at 18 is interesting. Would love to hear what he does
He is in the education industry. He hires teachers AND students and then facilitates live classes. He also provides B2B service to schools by providing the schools with teachers for the subjects that his company teaches.

Nightwolf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Mar 15, 2023
Log 2: 27th March, 2023

I made my first $10 !! I have been building a website for my father's friend (for free since he insisted) for some time now and her daughter reached out to me asking me to make her a digital card for her hairstyling business. I jokingly asked her that it will cost you 10 bucks and she agreed. I spent about 4 hours building the card and got paid for it. Attached is the card I made.

I have finally started making progress towards my goal.
I have also picked up The Almanac of Naval Ravikant.

Attachments

• IMG_20230327_202335.jpg
    IMG_20230327_202335.jpg
    823.4 KB · Views: 15

Milkwide

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 13, 2022
Hello, fellow fastlaners,
From today I will start documenting my progress and transition into a fastlaner.

GOAL:
2. Move to the U.S.
6. Make my dad proud.

WHY:
I am tired of seeing my friends drifting through life. They don't have fire in their eyes as a youngster should, and no passion whatsoever, they just wake up, go to class, use social media, sleep, and then repeat. NO MORE. I am tired of seeing people on the streets trying to get enough money for a single meal and taking days as they come. NO MORE. I am tired of seeing my dad work so hard just so that he can pay the medical fee for my grandparents' treatments and save enough for my college. I couldn't see him cry. NO MORE. I WILL become a MILLIONAIRE. I WILL help EVERYONE I possibly can. I WILL become the best version of myself and have an impact!

HOW IT STARTED:
I asked out my crush about 18 months ago and got rejected. I also drifted through life back then, playing games 10 to 12 hours a day, with no physical activity whatsoever, I started watching "motivational, sigma videos" and then asked her AGAIN 10 months later (I know, I was desperate) and got rejected AGAIN. The 2nd rejection was the push I needed. Slowly but surely I changed, I improved. I started reading books 8 months ago, stopped playing games completely, watched my mindset shift, watched my progress, started going to the gym, fixed my diet, lost 15 pounds, and became lean. I am still very grateful to her for calling me crazy.

HOW IT'S GOING:
I have read about 10 self-improvement books and now am diving into entrepreneurship. I have started Daily Journaling as my new year's resolution. I have taken on kickboxing as a sport. I know how to build websites from the ground up and am capable of learning anything I set my mind to. I have stopped associating with people who are not worth my time and try not to catch feelings for girls. (Though that's not going very well as of now, I am trying my Best!). I have recruited a team on discord who get together and build some projects. (we are currently on a potential money tree)

THE PLAN:
Each goal above has sub-goals that have to be achieved. I have decided to build a business in a 7 to 10-year time period. This will ensure a high entry barrier which shall satisfy the commandment of Entry. I am basically willing to not earn anything for 7 years in return for a business worth billions with a 7-year entry barrier which ensures low to no competition. For the next year and a half till I get into college (yes, I plan to attend a specific college that teaches you business by actually doing, they don't have assignments but instead, you have to start your own business as an assignment) I will upskill myself. I will refine my web development skills. Learn marketing, sales, digital marketing, video editing, and anything else that might be valuable and a high-paying skill. I will also read as many business books as possible and start getting into the producer mindset. Then when I get into college, I will establish a great network and start a business according to the needs of people of that time or anticipated future needs.

YOUR ROLE:
Any and all advice will be indispensable to my progress. I am open to all suggestions and comments. I depend on you, yes YOU, to guide me so that I don't get derailed from my goal and stay on track. Thanks for taking out your invaluable time to read this.
Brother, your background is very close to Mine, I AM not from USA(Brazil btw) and I train boxing, got rejected by a girl, got into a diet and I was learning web development too. Knowing that there ARE people similar to me is a huge motivator. Thanks for posting.
Keep the grind!!
I read the naval book too and other like 4 hour work week etc.

Last edited:

Nightwolf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Mar 15, 2023
It's been a while, but I have made some decent progress so I came back to document it. Looking back to only a few months ago, I can see my improvement. Kind of embarrassed after reading my old posts and realizing how little I knew...... and after a few months, I will say the same about this post .

Log 3: 4th July 2023

• Started hitting the gym 6 times a week.
- Went from 20-pound bench press to 110-pound (not PR, I can rep it 12 times)
- Went from 0 pushups to 20
- Went from 100-pound supported pullup to 60-pound assisted
- Went from body-weight squat to 130-pound (12 reps)
  • Started my web design agency
- Purchased domain and hosting and made my website (contrivelab.com)
- Cold called who knows how many businesses
- Closed an advocate for a few bucks (Nothing crazy) and a testimonial.
- Got his testimonial and then reached out to other law firms and advocates and closed some for a total of about $1200. (I know nothing to be excited about)
  • Stopped consuming pointless content
- Made my phone monochromatic (black and white)
- Reduced my social media time from 3 hours to 0 minutes
- Stopped watching pointless youtube videos from gurus
- Started listening to podcasts, I listen to them every chance I get. (In the gym, traveling etc)
  • Preparing for an entrance exam to get into college
- This might be a controversial topic but I want to go to college so I am preparing for the entrance. Only 10 months left for the exam. (I am in the final year of high school even though I am 16)

That pretty much covers my progress for these 3 months. Any advice that anyone could give me would be much appreciated.

- Nightwolf

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
It's been a while, but I have made some decent progress so I came back to document it. Looking back to only a few months ago, I can see my improvement. Kind of embarrassed after reading my old posts and realizing how little I knew...... and after a few months, I will say the same about this post .

Log 3: 4th July 2023

• Started hitting the gym 6 times a week.
- Went from 20-pound bench press to 110-pound (not PR, I can rep it 12 times)
- Went from 0 pushups to 20
- Went from 100-pound supported pullup to 60-pound assisted
- Went from body-weight squat to 130-pound (12 reps)
  • Started my web design agency
- Purchased domain and hosting and made my website (contrivelab.com)
- Cold called who knows how many businesses
- Closed an advocate for a few bucks (Nothing crazy) and a testimonial.
- Got his testimonial and then reached out to other law firms and advocates and closed some for a total of about $1200. (I know nothing to be excited about)
  • Stopped consuming pointless content
- Made my phone monochromatic (black and white)
- Reduced my social media time from 3 hours to 0 minutes
- Stopped watching pointless youtube videos from gurus
- Started listening to podcasts, I listen to them every chance I get. (In the gym, traveling etc)
  • Preparing for an entrance exam to get into college
- This might be a controversial topic but I want to go to college so I am preparing for the entrance. Only 10 months left for the exam. (I am in the final year of high school even though I am 16)

That pretty much covers my progress for these 3 months. Any advice that anyone could give me would be much appreciated.

- Nightwolf
AMAZING!

Congratulations for all the progress! Keep walking on this path and everything will eventually turn into gold.

Nightwolf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Mar 15, 2023
Log 4: 19th September 2023

The last month and a half have been filled with ups and downs.
Lost my best friend (Not willing to discuss this). It was painful (it still is sometimes late at night) and I started consuming social media and porn again to avoid the pain. I am now addicted to both. I am trying my best to stop. How disappointed would he be if he saw me doing this.

• Fitness Updates (these are not PRs, I rep these 10-15 times)
    • Bench press from 110-pound to 160-pound
    • 20 to 35 normal pushups, 20 knuckle pushups, 15 diamond pushups, working on thumb pushups
    • 60-pound assisted pullup to 4 pullups
    • The trainer made me realize that I was doing squats all wrong so started over and am currently at 40kg (88lb)
  • Business Updates
    • Not giving much attention to it due to exams/studies and the college entrance test prep but managed to close my biggest client yet just from referral and this guy has a big network so I can expect more referrals from him. He needs a whole website, logo animated, email signature, Instagram, and LinkedIn profile made. So basically full branding.
  • Self Improvement and Life Updates
    • Back to watching porn and social media all the time as I stated above. I quit these before and I know I can quit these again.
I was hesitant to share these details but it's only fair to share my downs along with my ups.

- Nightwolf

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.