The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Progeny of a Legend...Eep!

JackiO

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
May 13, 2019
Arizona
Hello All!

My dad, @SteveO, seems to be quite well known around here. Despite the many lessons and values this man has tried his best to impart on me through the years, it has taken a while to find myself here, at this forum, and embarking on my own business endeavor.

Even though I had him as a role model, entrepreneurship had never really crossed my mind growing up. That school indoctrination is hard to overcome, man, haha. I've been working since I turned 18, trying to get myself through college, which didn't work out because I moved way too much. It was while I was working for a pizza place a few years ago, though, that I knew I would never work for anyone, in any serious capacity, ever again. I poured my whole life into this place, worked 12 hrs a day, 7 days a week with no days off for up to 6 months at a time. For $10/hr. For an owner that didn't care about his business. To get laid off after a year and a half.

The only semi serious work I've had since then has been for my dad (thank you). But I've been plagued through my whole adult life with the thought in the back of my head:
"What should I do?"
"Start a business."
"Doing what?"
"Anything."
"HOW?!?!"
"Just start."
Aaand repeat.
I've always wanted to work for myself. I'm a teensy bit rebellious and definitely do not take to authority well (highly doubt those are inherited traits). It's always fascinated me, though, how the thought that we can do anything our little hearts desire is both the most freeing and most constricting idea. In the wrong mindset, it traps us in it's perpetuity. A terrifying and beautiful fractal.

However! After years of being lost in that cycle, I'm working on breaking free. I'm in the beginning stages of starting a business with a goal of being free from that 'working for other b*tches' life within two years.

I've heard a lot about this place (all good things, I promise) and I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
@JackiO. Wow!!!!!! You are here! I talked about different businesses with you for years. Pressure does not work. You always need to figure out your own path. I am proud of you.

You don't need anyone telling you which way to go. You have figured it out for yourself.

The community here will help you. Sign up for the INSIDERS and start a progress thread. You will get all the advice and help that you could ever want. The people here are awesome. The knowledge is incredible.

No matter how much you think I have helped, you have seen nothing yet....

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
@JackiO. Wow!!!!!! You are here! I talked about different businesses with you for years. Pressure does not work. You always need to figure out your own path. I am proud of you.

You don't need anyone telling you which way to go. You have figured it out for yourself.

The community here will help you. Sign up for the INSIDERS and start a progress thread. You will get all the advice and help that you could ever want. The people here are awesome. The knowledge is incredible.

No matter how much you think I have helped, you have seen nothing yet....

Whoa....she joined here and posted this on her own accord?! She is light years ahead of 99.99% of people. This is awesome to see! I can only hope when my kids are older they will develop discipline and critical thinking like this. Super cool @JackiO and @SteveO

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Hello All!

My dad, @SteveO, seems to be quite well known around here. Despite the many lessons and values this man has tried his best to impart on me through the years, it has taken a while to find myself here, at this forum, and embarking on my own business endeavor.

Even though I had him as a role model, entrepreneurship had never really crossed my mind growing up. That school indoctrination is hard to overcome, man, haha. I've been working since I turned 18, trying to get myself through college, which didn't work out because I moved way too much. It was while I was working for a pizza place a few years ago, though, that I knew I would never work for anyone, in any serious capacity, ever again. I poured my whole life into this place, worked 12 hrs a day, 7 days a week with no days off for up to 6 months at a time. For $10/hr. For an owner that didn't care about his business. To get laid off after a year and a half.

The only semi serious work I've had since then has been for my dad (thank you). But I've been plagued through my whole adult life with the thought in the back of my head:
"What should I do?"
"Start a business."
"Doing what?"
"Anything."
"HOW?!?!"
"Just start."
Aaand repeat.
I've always wanted to work for myself. I'm a teensy bit rebellious and definitely do not take to authority well (highly doubt those are inherited traits). It's always fascinated me, though, how the thought that we can do anything our little hearts desire is both the most freeing and most constricting idea. In the wrong mindset, it traps us in it's perpetuity. A terrifying and beautiful fractal.

However! After years of being lost in that cycle, I'm working on breaking free. I'm in the beginning stages of starting a business with a goal of being free from that 'working for other b*tches' life within two years.

I've heard a lot about this place (all good things, I promise) and I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

A legend indeed! Many a wise word from The O has guided me right. Good to see you here, stick around, tune yourself into some common problems, take your time, be sure, then just go for it! :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow, I had no idea Steve had a daughter.

Welcome to the forum @JackiO !

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...