The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Progeny of a Legend...Eep!

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

JackiO

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Summit Attendee
May 13, 2019
Arizona
Hello All!

My dad, @SteveO, seems to be quite well known around here. Despite the many lessons and values this man has tried his best to impart on me through the years, it has taken a while to find myself here, at this forum, and embarking on my own business endeavor.

Even though I had him as a role model, entrepreneurship had never really crossed my mind growing up. That school indoctrination is hard to overcome, man, haha. I've been working since I turned 18, trying to get myself through college, which didn't work out because I moved way too much. It was while I was working for a pizza place a few years ago, though, that I knew I would never work for anyone, in any serious capacity, ever again. I poured my whole life into this place, worked 12 hrs a day, 7 days a week with no days off for up to 6 months at a time. For $10/hr. For an owner that didn't care about his business. To get laid off after a year and a half.

The only semi serious work I've had since then has been for my dad (thank you). But I've been plagued through my whole adult life with the thought in the back of my head:
"What should I do?"
"Start a business."
"Doing what?"
"Anything."
"HOW?!?!"
"Just start."
Aaand repeat.
I've always wanted to work for myself. I'm a teensy bit rebellious and definitely do not take to authority well (highly doubt those are inherited traits). It's always fascinated me, though, how the thought that we can do anything our little hearts desire is both the most freeing and most constricting idea. In the wrong mindset, it traps us in it's perpetuity. A terrifying and beautiful fractal.

However! After years of being lost in that cycle, I'm working on breaking free. I'm in the beginning stages of starting a business with a goal of being free from that 'working for other b*tches' life within two years.

I've heard a lot about this place (all good things, I promise) and I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2007
@JackiO. Wow!!!!!! You are here! I talked about different businesses with you for years. Pressure does not work. You always need to figure out your own path. I am proud of you.

You don't need anyone telling you which way to go. You have figured it out for yourself.

The community here will help you. Sign up for the insiders and start a progress thread. You will get all the advice and help that you could ever want. The people here are awesome. The knowledge is incredible.

No matter how much you think I have helped, you have seen nothing yet....

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
@JackiO. Wow!!!!!! You are here! I talked about different businesses with you for years. Pressure does not work. You always need to figure out your own path. I am proud of you.

You don't need anyone telling you which way to go. You have figured it out for yourself.

The community here will help you. Sign up for the insiders and start a progress thread. You will get all the advice and help that you could ever want. The people here are awesome. The knowledge is incredible.

No matter how much you think I have helped, you have seen nothing yet....

Whoa....she joined here and posted this on her own accord?! She is light years ahead of 99.99% of people. This is awesome to see! I can only hope when my kids are older they will develop discipline and critical thinking like this. Super cool @JackiO and @SteveO

Roli

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 3, 2015
Hello All!

My dad, @SteveO, seems to be quite well known around here. Despite the many lessons and values this man has tried his best to impart on me through the years, it has taken a while to find myself here, at this forum, and embarking on my own business endeavor.

Even though I had him as a role model, entrepreneurship had never really crossed my mind growing up. That school indoctrination is hard to overcome, man, haha. I've been working since I turned 18, trying to get myself through college, which didn't work out because I moved way too much. It was while I was working for a pizza place a few years ago, though, that I knew I would never work for anyone, in any serious capacity, ever again. I poured my whole life into this place, worked 12 hrs a day, 7 days a week with no days off for up to 6 months at a time. For $10/hr. For an owner that didn't care about his business. To get laid off after a year and a half.

The only semi serious work I've had since then has been for my dad (thank you). But I've been plagued through my whole adult life with the thought in the back of my head:
"What should I do?"
"Start a business."
"Doing what?"
"Anything."
"HOW?!?!"
"Just start."
Aaand repeat.
I've always wanted to work for myself. I'm a teensy bit rebellious and definitely do not take to authority well (highly doubt those are inherited traits). It's always fascinated me, though, how the thought that we can do anything our little hearts desire is both the most freeing and most constricting idea. In the wrong mindset, it traps us in it's perpetuity. A terrifying and beautiful fractal.

However! After years of being lost in that cycle, I'm working on breaking free. I'm in the beginning stages of starting a business with a goal of being free from that 'working for other b*tches' life within two years.

I've heard a lot about this place (all good things, I promise) and I'm looking forward to meeting you all!
A legend indeed! Many a wise word from The O has guided me right. Good to see you here, stick around, tune yourself into some common problems, take your time, be sure, then just go for it! :)

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Wow, I had no idea Steve had a daughter.

Welcome to the forum @JackiO !

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Got it several weeks ago and have listened to it several times now. I've definitely met both...
MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
For those with the "can web design be Fastlane" question this video by @MJ DeMarco is a great...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom