The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Problems = Opportunities. Advice from a Billionaire.....

Anything related to matters of the mind

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Fits right in with @MJ DeMarco's way of thinking. The more you can open your eyes to problems in the world around you, the more potential opportunities you will uncover

(Of course you need to take action & solve 1 of the problems to release the potential)

Figured the forum would appreciate this as much as I do. Also recommend his book, "Disrupt You"

View here -->>Tom Bilyeu's interview of Jay Samit

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Fits right in with @MJ DeMarco's way of thinking. The more you can open your eyes to problems in the world around you, the more potential opportunities you will uncover

(Of course you need to take action & solve 1 of the problems to release the potential)

Figured the forum would appreciate this as much as I do. Also recommend his book, "Disrupt You"

It's really a great interview...

Adding a link to the whole thing:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuvhPkgYS68

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV

Basically his advice, for those who do not want to watch the clip:

Observe the world around you and write down 3 problems per day. After a month, you will have 90 potential leads to go into if you remain consistent.

Though many of them will suck, you should eventually be onto some real opportunities to delve further into, and then the work begins.

Also, nothing stops you from writing down more than 3 problems, or from going beyond 30 days... It's a mindset

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
Basically his advice, for those who do not want to watch the clip:

Observe the world around you and write down 3 problems per day. After a month, you will have 90 potential leads to go into if you remain consistent.

Though many of them will suck, you should eventually be onto some real opportunities to delve further into, and then the work begins.

Also, nothing stops you from writing down more than 3 problems, or from going beyond 30 days... It's a mindset
Have you started writing down 3 problems a day?

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Have you started writing down 3 problems a day?
It's a useful practice and I did keep it up for over a month (and still take note of problems I see even if I don't record as consistently), but I am now back in execution mode on my one thing

upload_2018-1-6_0-21-54.png

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1885167776/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

However the great thing about my current mode of execution is that by taking on clients for apps / software, my team is naturally exposed to their problems and I am able to glean insight from that.

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
It's a useful practice and I did keep it up for over a month (and still take note of problems I see even if I don't record as consistently), but I am now back in execution mode on my one thing

View attachment 17385

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1885167776/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

However the great thing about my current mode of execution is that by taking on clients for apps / software, my team is naturally exposed to their problems and I am able to glean insight from that.
Love that book. Easily in my top 3 of all time. My most eye opening moment was the chapter about multitasking.
Did you come up with 90 problems?

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Love that book. Easily in my top 3 of all time.
Up there for me as well
Did you come up with 90 problems?
More than that. Significantly fewer I would want to work on, but a number were SOLID.

If I find my notes, I will post them.

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
Up there for me as well

More than that. Significantly fewer I would want to work on, but a number were SOLID.

If I find my notes, I will post them.
Yea, I really don't think the quantity of problems was the point. It was to get you in that mindset / habit of looking for problems to solve in your everyday life. @IceCreamKid posted this same good stuff on this forum a few years ago.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Yea, I really don't think the quantity of problems was the point. It was to get you in that mindset / habit of looking for problems to solve in your everyday life. @IceCreamKid posted this same good stuff on this forum a few years ago.
I know

Yea, that was a great post

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.