The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Problems = Opportunities. Advice from a Billionaire.....

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Fits right in with @MJ DeMarco's way of thinking. The more you can open your eyes to problems in the world around you, the more potential opportunities you will uncover

(Of course you need to take action & solve 1 of the problems to release the potential)

Figured the forum would appreciate this as much as I do. Also recommend his book, "Disrupt You"

View here -->>Tom Bilyeu's interview of Jay Samit

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
BrooklynHustle

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
OP
OP
BrooklynHustle

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
OP
OP
BrooklynHustle

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Fits right in with @MJ DeMarco's way of thinking. The more you can open your eyes to problems in the world around you, the more potential opportunities you will uncover

(Of course you need to take action & solve 1 of the problems to release the potential)

Figured the forum would appreciate this as much as I do. Also recommend his book, "Disrupt You"

It's really a great interview...

Adding a link to the whole thing:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuvhPkgYS68

OP
OP
BrooklynHustle

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 3, 2014
DMV

Basically his advice, for those who do not want to watch the clip:

Observe the world around you and write down 3 problems per day. After a month, you will have 90 potential leads to go into if you remain consistent.

Though many of them will suck, you should eventually be onto some real opportunities to delve further into, and then the work begins.

Also, nothing stops you from writing down more than 3 problems, or from going beyond 30 days... It's a mindset

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
Basically his advice, for those who do not want to watch the clip:

Observe the world around you and write down 3 problems per day. After a month, you will have 90 potential leads to go into if you remain consistent.

Though many of them will suck, you should eventually be onto some real opportunities to delve further into, and then the work begins.

Also, nothing stops you from writing down more than 3 problems, or from going beyond 30 days... It's a mindset
Have you started writing down 3 problems a day?

OP
OP
BrooklynHustle

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Have you started writing down 3 problems a day?
It's a useful practice and I did keep it up for over a month (and still take note of problems I see even if I don't record as consistently), but I am now back in execution mode on my one thing

upload_2018-1-6_0-21-54.png

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1885167776/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

However the great thing about my current mode of execution is that by taking on clients for apps / software, my team is naturally exposed to their problems and I am able to glean insight from that.

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
It's a useful practice and I did keep it up for over a month (and still take note of problems I see even if I don't record as consistently), but I am now back in execution mode on my one thing

View attachment 17385

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1885167776/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

However the great thing about my current mode of execution is that by taking on clients for apps / software, my team is naturally exposed to their problems and I am able to glean insight from that.
Love that book. Easily in my top 3 of all time. My most eye opening moment was the chapter about multitasking.
Did you come up with 90 problems?

OP
OP
BrooklynHustle

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Love that book. Easily in my top 3 of all time.
Up there for me as well
Did you come up with 90 problems?
More than that. Significantly fewer I would want to work on, but a number were SOLID.

If I find my notes, I will post them.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
Up there for me as well

More than that. Significantly fewer I would want to work on, but a number were SOLID.

If I find my notes, I will post them.
Yea, I really don't think the quantity of problems was the point. It was to get you in that mindset / habit of looking for problems to solve in your everyday life. @IceCreamKid posted this same good stuff on this forum a few years ago.

OP
OP
BrooklynHustle

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Yea, I really don't think the quantity of problems was the point. It was to get you in that mindset / habit of looking for problems to solve in your everyday life. @IceCreamKid posted this same good stuff on this forum a few years ago.
I know

Yea, that was a great post

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Thanks for sharing. I want a course to optimize for other than Google engines.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock