The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Podcast] Alden Mills - 4 Leadership Lessons from a Navy SEAL

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I was listening to a few of the storybrand podcasts over the weekend while travelling. I kept avoiding this particular one because I thought military leadership lessons weren't my cup of tea. It autoplayed and I was super surprised because Alden Mill's lessons are the complete opposite of what I thought, and right up my street.

I'll get Alden's audiobook because I think leadership is so important - not just leading a team, but leading customers, suppliers, and your community. Leadership skills are pretty good if you're a parent too!

@Kak ... I know you're big on leadership. I think you might like this episode.

I can't seem to find the podcast on the storybrand.com website, which seems a bit of a fail on their part. Here's a couple of links to the podcast episode:

1) On Sticher

2) ‎On itunes

Curious what your takeaways are?

What will you do different going forward?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
Thanks for the share @Andy Black

My top two takeaways were this:

1+1+1 can equal 10.

So many people want to be a one man show, not give up equity, not establish partnerships and not hire employees.

The thing is, adding people to the equation is usually adding gasoline to the fire. People have unique abilities and experiences. Take advantage of that and learn from those people and let them learn from you.

The second takeaway was regarding empathy and helping others achieve their goals. A good leader does not simply delegate, they find out what really drives people, what they care about and they help them achieve these things. Poor leaders worry about others growing because they might leave or might surpass them in some way. Great leaders aspire to make somebody that much better.

In a similar context, surrounding yourself with others who add value to your own life. If you outgrow them, find new people. You can always level up. Unless you’re in a room with Gates, Buffet, MJ and Kak. Then you’re at the top.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.