The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

PLEEEEZ VOTE! Subtitle Opinion ...

Which subtitle(s) do you like?

• Expose Your Shortcut to Extraordinary Wealth & Win a Lifetime of Prosperity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 99 Poverty-Busting Distinctions to Turbo-Charge Your Way to Wealth in 5 Years or Less

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • 99 Poverty-Busting Distinctions to Turbo-Charge Your Way to Wealth

• Expose Your Expressway to Extraordinary Wealth in 5 Years or Less

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Conquer the 99 Roadblocks to Wealth and Win A Lifetime of Prosperity

• Create Your Expressway to Extraordinary to Wealth in 5 Years or Less

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • The Road to Wealth Has A Shortcut

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Your Road to Wealth Has A Shortcut

Votes: 27 38.6%
  • 99 Steps To Exposing Your Expressway to Extraordinary Wealth

• Expose Your Shortcut to Wealth And Secure A Lifetime of Prosperity

Votes: 4 5.7%

• Total voters

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The title of my book is "The Millionaire Fastlane: [SUBTITLE]"

I've drilled down my subtitle to a few options and am now conducting research to see which one "pulls" better. I will also place a few Google ads as well to see which garners a better click ratio. The point of this prelim is to see which ads I should target.

The goal of the subtitle is to convey a specific benefit to the reader, and of course, entice the reader to buy the book. Additionally, the book is metaphorically presented in terms of a car and a roadtrip, so it might be important to be inclusive of words pertaining to such.

Please vote on which ones you like. You can vote multiple times.

THE MILLIONAIRE FASTLANE
Expose Your Shortcut to Extraordinary Wealth & Win a Lifetime of Prosperity

THE MILLIONAIRE FASTLANE
99 Poverty-Busting Distinctions to Turbo-Charge Your Way to Wealth in 5 Years or Less

THE MILLIONAIRE FASTLANE
Expose Your Expressway to Extraordinary Wealth in 5 Years or Less

THE MILLIONAIRE FASTLANE
Conquer the 99 Roadblocks to Wealth and Win A Lifetime of Prosperity

THE MILLIONAIRE FASTLANE
Conquer the 99 Roadblocks to Wealth and Win A Lifetime of Prosperity

THE MILLIONAIRE FASTLANE
Create Your Expressway to Extraordinary to Wealth in 5 Years or Less

THE MILLIONAIRE FASTLANE
The Road to Wealth Has A Shortcut

THE MILLIONAIRE FASTLANE
Your Road to Wealth Has A Shortcut

THE MILLIONAIRE FASTLANE
99 Steps To Exposing Your Expressway to Extraordinary Wealth

If you have any ideas, feel free to comment.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
  • Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The first couple just seem way too long and hard to read. They don't flow at all.

Also, 99 road blocks seems like an awful lot to conquer. I would get tired after 5 of them.

Did you ban yourself?

lightstrikefl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Feb 14, 2008
West Palm Beach, Fl
I agree with Biophase.

The first 5 are definitely too long and drawn out.

My vote was for Your Road to Wealth Has A Shortcut. I feel like this best emphasizes that there is a different route to acquiring wealth than working for 40+ yrs and then relying on a nest egg.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
THE MILLIONAIRE FASTLANE
The Road to Wealth Has A Shortcut

The above is my vote. It's short and conveys a simple message.

I agree that the first ones are too legnthy. I also think that using the term "win" implies that it is something left to chance. Placing a time limit such as 5 years is too subjective and may not apply to every reader of the book. Honestly, I think the phrase above or the substituion of "YOUR road to wealth has a short cut" are the subtitles with the most pop.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
me personally, they all sound like MLM titles.... sorry.

I stick away from the frivolous claims like " road to extraordinary wealth" it just sounds lavish and scammy this day and age.

At this time i can not offer a solutions and this is probably my sole opinion but none of them stick out as long term earners to me.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
My 02 is that the title should be The Fastlane to Millions: The Road to Wealth has a Shortcut

Reason being is that you've already branded this forum as "The Fastlane to Millions". If the book has a different title (The Millionaire Fastlane) it just confuses things and IMO you are dilluting/splitting your marketing efforts.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
I think "The Road to Wealth has a Shortcut", is the best out of all of them. You want to catch peoples eye.

Although its not quite true for your philosophy.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
I agree with yves.

Fastlane to Millions
The Road to Wealth has a Shortcut

Kinsey6287

Blazin Fast!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 2, 2009
"Your Road to Wealth Has a Shortcut" personalizes the title with "Your", and its short. Consumers will purchase something that feels personal rather than something that takes 30 seconds to read.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I also agree that most of 'em are too long and "marketing speak".

So I'd focus on coming up with some short descriptive shots (you could even start a thread just for this).

Things like:

-Turbocharge your road to retirement

-Retire young on the road to wealth

-Retire younger, faster

-Retire younger, faster . . . and richer than you ever imagined.

OK, I'll stop for now. :)

-Russ H.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
My 02 is that the title should be The Fastlane to Millions: The Road to Wealth has a Shortcut

Reason being is that you've already branded this forum as "The Fastlane to Millions". If the book has a different title (The Millionaire Fastlane) it just confuses things and IMO you are dilluting/splitting your marketing efforts.

I agree with Yves regarding this. I was surprised that the title you've chosen wasn't TFTM. In my opinion, TFTM sounds more enticing than The Millionaire Fastlane.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Great additional suggestions, Russ!

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
I don't like The Millionaire Fastlane.

The Fastlane To Millions is way better.

The Fastlane To Millions
The REAL way to get rich quickly.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs

The Fastlane To Millions

Yeah this is the best one.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
I feel everyone that has 99 should be dropped.

like other's have said. 99 is a long list.

99 is also such an arbitrary number, so why not 98 or 100?

I like those that make use of the possessive form, YOUR, as it makes it personal.

I also like those that have 5 yrs or less, because this is what fastlane is all about, it's not about 10 or 20yrs. It's about FAST. Someone who doesn't know what fastlane is will understand immediately, that it is about doing it fast.

I prefer CREATE your ROAD instead of EXPOSE, as some people are really lost and have no roads and must start from the very beginning.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008

After sleeping on it I agree. I'd stick with one title for everything, that way you don't dillute the brand.

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey

The Fastlane To Millions

+1 ... Or

"The Fastlane Millionaire"
The Road to Wealth Has a Shortcut

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I think the market is more than ready for alternatives to the old 40+ working years till retirement. I'd target something to that effect. Something like:

"Why waiting 40 years to retire? Do it now!"

or something to that effect.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
I agree with theabove posts against the title not being TFTM, in addition "The Millionaire Fastlane" sounds similar to David "save your pennies and buy my products to become rich" Bach's "Automatic Millionaire"

In addition I voted for "Your Road To Wealth Has A Shortcut" as much like these forums themself, everyone has their own way of following the fastlane principles to get to the promised land :)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Guys, I appreciate the feedback on the main title, but it isn't changing unless the there is substantial data to overturn it. Additionally, the best selling books pertaining to financial independence have the word "millionaire" in it ... and those that don't, have "wealth" or "riches" ... The Fastlane to Millions has neither. And frankly, having voiced the title NOW FOR 2 YEARS, I can tell you that TFTM doesn't roll off the tongue and doesn't incite a favorable reaction when I tell strangers -- however, when I voice "Millionaire Fastlane" I am almost always asked more info on how to buy it ... I've been testing these two titles for 2 years and frankly, TFTM has gotten its a$$ whipped.

As for branding/rebranding, I'm not worried. Why? I haven't spent a dime on branding. The brand is FASTLANE and whether the domain is "TFTM" or "MF" doesn't make much difference. I don't think the forum will change domains anyhow.

As for the other shorter subtitle, I think there is some validity to the assertion that a shorter title is better. But again, take a look at the best selling business books -- most of them have a medium to long "benefit" subtitle.

Again, all this does is setup my testing scenarios.

I might just use the short "Your road to wealth has a shortcut" and use the longer titles as a tertiary sub/sub title (near the bottom of the cover)

Ill will report the data after I run my tests! I will most likely do what the data says to do ...

Thanks for all the feedback ... keep voting and keep commenting!!

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
I agree with many regarding the title itself. I like The Fastlane to Millions. I also like the whole fastlane concept and sticking with that. The subtitle below though, could be uses for either title - if you are still interested in other possibilities.

The FastLane to Millions:
Accelerate to Wealth, Your Expressway Map

The Millionaire FastLane:
Accelerate to Wealth, Your Expressway Map

NOTE: I was typing this before MJ's last post so take it for whatever worth it may or may not have, lol.

Last edited:

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
"Your Road to Wealth Has A Shortcut"

I like the above best because to me, it stressed the importance of everyone having a personal road to wealth.

But....if I was trying to sell the book, I would put

"The Road to Wealth Has A Shortcut" because I think many people are always looking for that "golden easy ticket" to wealth which results in more sales.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Guys, I appreciate the feedback on the main title, but it isn't changing unless the there is substantial data to overturn it. Additionally, the best selling books pertaining to financial independence have the word "millionaire" in it ... and those that don't, have "wealth" or "riches" ... The Fastlane to Millions has neither. And frankly, having voiced the title NOW FOR 2 YEARS, I can tell you that TFTM doesn't roll off the tongue and doesn't incite a favorable reaction when I tell strangers -- however, when I voice "Millionaire Fastlane" I am almost always asked more info on how to buy it ... I've been testing these two titles for 2 years and frankly, TFTM has gotten its a$$ whipped.

As for branding/rebranding, I'm not worried. Why? I haven't spent a dime on branding. The brand is FASTLANE and whether the domain is "TFTM" or "MF" doesn't make much difference. I don't think the forum will change domains anyhow.

As for the other shorter subtitle, I think there is some validity to the assertion that a shorter title is better. But again, take a look at the best selling business books -- most of them have a medium to long "benefit" title.

Again, all this does is setup my testing scenarios.

I might just use the short "Your road to wealth has a shortcut" and use the longer titles as a tertiary sub/sub title (near the bottom of the cover)

Ill will report the data after I run my tests! I will most likely do what the data says to do ...

Thanks for all the feedback ... keep voting and keep commenting!!

You know, after reading your response I realized something. I was thinking about this question ENTIRELY wrong. I also realized asking the forum for their opinion is the wrong place for this kind of feedback... I know that may sound rude, didn't mean it that way.

We are too close to the brand already.... target market feedback = diluted. Nonetheless, our opinions are very interesting. What's more interesting is how easily my opinion didn't really consider how many books you will sell. Shame on me, but good on you for executing brand loyalty, trust, and a user base that keeps your community near and dear to their heart. :)

:coffee: watching closely

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
I think many of us are inclined to prefer TFTM because we're familiar with it.

I also agree with MTNMAN and JonLH that you'd probably be better off testing the sub-title using adwords or even Website optimizer. I personally prefer the shorter, punchier versions. But I'm a captive audience! I'll buy it regardless!! :notworthy:

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
Mike says:
>>The goal of the subtitle is to convey a specific benefit to the reader, and of course, entice the reader to buy the book. Additionally, the book is metaphorically presented in terms of a car and a roadtrip, so it might be important to be inclusive of words pertaining to such.<<

one thing I remember from marketing materials I've studied is that asking questions in the headlines or in the subheadlines magnified the readers interest by hundreds of basis pts. For (albiet poor) examples: are you looking for fast retirement? do you know what separates wealthy people from poor folks? Do you know what it takes to be in the fastlane? Do you know the 99 ways to avoid poverty? or whatever... , etc...

so what's as important as the words themselves is the way its presented.... and this questioning method seems to have worked for several of my marketing campaigns.

good luck

WildFlower

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Aug 21, 2009
Los Angeles Area
Shorter the better...

"The Road to Wealth Has A Shortcut" or "Your Road to Wealth Has A Shortcut"

I didn't even read all the others.. too long, too wordy... didn't grab my attention.

Tag lines are short and grabbing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.